• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

I don't think it's a path problem, you can only blame Maxis for that (this problem even occurs with the Maxis highway interchanges).
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Tarkus

More than likely, it's the crossover path between the lanes on the RHW-6C intertwining with the FLEXFly paths.  We recently found out with the ERHW-6C that the crossovers need to be pulled off or else jumping will occur on overpasses, so this has to be something similar.  Thanks for reporting it!

-Alex

jacksunny

I really like the ERHW, it will be very handy  :thumbsup: , good work and thank you to everybody!!!

godjcjk12

Are smoother 45 degree angle curves possible for ERHW?

j-dub

You mean the longer curves you can overtake at a high rate of speed with a semi truck. Not completely impossible, but probably not going to happen so recent.

Tarkus

To further j-dub's point, the reason is that being elevated, they're model-based.  There's always a longer wait on that, particularly when there's some curvature involved.  The UV mapping and the geometry for jersey barriers becomes quite complicated then.

-Alex

MandelSoft

I've made a beginners tutorial for the RHW yesterday which is maybe usefull for new users of the RHW mod:

http://www.youtube.com/v/_OzGIt2Zuc8

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

simcity4ever

Are there going to be transitions that have dotted lines between the starting/ending lane? (besides the cosmetic pieces)

Like this:

jdenm8

The only proper transitions that currently have dashed lines will be the WRHW-2 to RHW-3 and RHW-2 to RHW-3 ones because I made the textures for them, though this might be changed closer to release.

The remainder is and will only be covered in cosmetic pieces.

I would prefer the default to be the dashed lines, as "Instantaneous Lane Ends", as they're called here, never occur on roads with speed limits higher than 80km/h, and if it's lower, the occurrence is very rare. I can only think of three offhand, and they're a pain because they're usually immediately preceded or succeeded by parking spaces.

I may even make a mod that swaps the two sets of textures if there's enough demand for one.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

Maarten, that's a fantastic tutorial you've done there!  Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Regarding the dashed line thing, I think that's actually a Canada-specific marking.  I noticed stuff like that a fair bit on both lane ends and lane starts when I first started checking out the roads up there on Google StreetView.  It seems they use full length dashes until the lane actually ends.  It sounds to me like justification for an external plugin for Canada-style transition textures.

-Alex

Moonraker0

Quote from: mrtnrln on March 26, 2011, 03:02:43 AMI've made a beginners tutorial for the RHW yesterday which is maybe usefull for new users of the RHW mod.
Very well done. &apls  Since I've been using the RHW for so long, I already knew most of the things covered, but I still watched it all the way through.  The new RHW bridges and V5-spec textures look great.  I look forward to any of your future YouTube tutorials. :thumbsup:

On a less positive note, I have noticed an issue in the RHW-4 orthogonal filler pieces.  When they have development/lots next to them, they become blurry at certain zoom levels.  Here is a screenshot of this problem:

Biriali

Quote from: Moonraker0 on March 26, 2011, 03:31:40 PM
On a less positive note, I have noticed an issue in the RHW-4 orthogonal filler pieces.  When they have development/lots next to them, they become blurry at certain zoom levels.

I too have noticed this problem. But in my expirience it also happens when there's no development/lots next to them. This problem, however, is quite rare, as I have only seen it a few times
Nemo sobrius saltaret

noahclem

jdenm8

Quote from: Moonraker0 on March 26, 2011, 03:31:40 PM
On a less positive note, I have noticed an issue in the RHW-4 orthogonal filler pieces.  When they have development/lots next to them, they become blurry at certain zoom levels.  Here is a screenshot of this problem:

I think I've seen that before... I'm pretty sure that it's fixed in RHW 4.2, but a patch for RHW 4.1 may be released to fix it.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Nego

@mrtnrln: Awesome video tutorial! &apls It was easey to understand and follow. Is there maybe a tutorial for intermediate users in the works? :D

jacksunny

Quote from: Tarkus on March 26, 2011, 09:53:05 AM
Regarding the dashed line thing, I think that's actually a Canada-specific marking. 
Yes it is.

Wiimeiser

Quote from: mrtnrln on March 26, 2011, 03:02:43 AM
I've made a beginners tutorial for the RHW yesterday which is maybe usefull for new users of the RHW mod:

I never knew about that dragging thing. Helps since I have a weird bug that prevents me from placing the entrance variation of the first piece on an existing highway for some reason.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

MandelSoft

Quote from: Nego on March 26, 2011, 06:58:05 PM
@mrtnrln: Awesome video tutorial! &apls It was easey to understand and follow. Is there maybe a tutorial for intermediate users in the works? :D
In my next tutorials I'll build some common interchanges, first the diamond interchanges.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

ivo_su

Congratulations from me and Maarten. I am impressed  by your video lesson. I think that there should be plenty of those  to allow  beginners  to learn faster. I personally  took many ideas from the videos in youtube in the past  and they were helpful. So you have my full support to continue  and I look forward to  your next  video.

- Ivaylo (Ivo)

Opkl

Will there be a lane shift piece for the RHW-6 like there is for the RHW-4?