• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Lightning

Did someone say tollbooths?

(I haven't textured some parts yet, that will come in time. Any suggestions would be nice)
Clicky!

Vince

EDIT: oh I forgot, I will be making seperate Euro and Default versions. I cant forget all those euro fans :P
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

riiga

Very nice tollbooths Vince, I'll use them for sure!  :thumbsup:

Any plans on making European versions aswell?

- riiga

Dino007

Quote from: jmvl on July 14, 2009, 10:31:07 AM
Alex, your diagonal elevated rail overpasses and GLR crossings look great! :thumbsup: I know some places in my cities where these overpasses come in handy.

Anyway, I think this will come in handy too (thanks to riiga for the great looking european textures :thumbsup:):
http://www.jmvl.nl/serv/fimg/preview_rhw4_to_2mis_all_paths.png

(I used the "DrawPaths" cheat just to show you how the vechicels will drive.)
That's exactly what I need!  &apls :thumbsup:Can you make this also for RHW-2?
TIGR

io_bg

Blue Lightning, great job! I already can't wait to have them ;D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

riiga

Quote from: Dino007 on July 14, 2009, 12:13:34 PM
That's exactly what I need!  &apls :thumbsup:Can you make this also for RHW-2?

Here's the texture, since I don't have a pic of the puzzle piece ingame.  ;)

- riiga

doorknob60

jmvl and rigga: Nice on all the new pieces, they will be used a lot :)
Blue Lighting: Woot those look nice

Man every day I come on here and there's like 2 new puzzle pieces :D
Click here if you want to play SimCity 4 in Linux :)
Click here if you want to try Linux :)

Ryan B.

Looking good, Vince!  For real-world inspiration, head over to Flickr and search "toll booth".  Works for me every time.

jmvl

Great work on the tollbooths, Vince! They look fantastic. :thumbsup: I think these tollbooths will probably be LOTs. If these tollbooths will be LOTs, will the paths on the RHW-4 be correctly? I ask this because I've a problem with all one-way road tollbooths from other "tollbooth" releases: the paths on these LOTs are incorrect. Maybe this is a limitation of the game, but I hope it isn't. Here's a picture showing the incorrect paths on a random one-way road tollbooth:

Also, is there a possibility to make bigger tollbooths (for RHW-6C, RHW-8, RHW-10), or is this impossible, because you simply can't transit enable these LOTs with these networks?

Anyway, keep up the great work! I'm looking forward to see more. ;)

choco

toll booths looks great, vince!

there's more functinality coming in the future folks....the MIS bridges have been fixed from the previous version, which now has a proper pillar after removing the T21 prop....

UV map parameters were left unchanged so the new pillars match the already included models, so the junction is seamless..... :)

Blue Lightning

Jmvl,

I use those exact tollbooths. I added bi-directional pathing to it (attached below). Also, yes, my tollbooths will have custom paths.

Vince

NOTICE: This file does not replace the origional. Just unzip into the same directory as your installation.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

jmvl

Vince,

It's nice to know that your tollbooths will have custom paths (finally a tollbooth where I can UDI through in the outer lane). I'm very curious about how you did the bi-directional pathing, but unfortunately the attachment is missing. Thanks for adding the attachment!

By the way, this is my 64th post. I believe I'm now a "Forums Citizen". :)

u.mueller

Quote from: Blue Lightning on July 14, 2009, 11:51:42 AM
Did someone say tollbooths?

(I haven't textured some parts yet, that will come in time. Any suggestions would be nice)
Clicky!

Vince

EDIT: oh I forgot, I will be making seperate Euro and Default versions. I cant forget all those euro fans :P

That looks awesome, I am quite a fan of the RHW! Will there also be wide toll stations like this?

???
Thanks and best regards,

Uli

just_a_guy

Blue Lightning:

It's good to see someone making toll booths for the RHW! Here's my thought's:
   Your models are good! But you should consider changing a lot of the textures. Getting realistic textures may be time consuming but it's really worth it.
   I just checked, your not finished. that's ok.

You should alos scale down the model. It's too big compared to other buildings. You should plop your toll booth next to the maxis toll booth to compare.

It's looking good though. Keep it up!
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

j-dub

Ew, thats arguable, because everyone knows if you compare the Maxis highway to the RHW6, well we know which is bigger. So I don't exactly agree with Maxis' scaling.

Blue Lightning, I understand they are not finished, but the roof, and the support be were what your going to texture later right? The only other thing is left hand drive users. I guess that shouldn't be too hard to flip the models around with the mirror option in gmax, instead of having to do it again.

Blue Lightning

u.mueller: I'm thinking about making a full size toll plaza sometime.

just_a_guy: IMO the size is pretty realistic, or its just the HD preview on the booths throwing things off. But as j-dub said, Maxis' scaling is kinda screwy. In real life there are no toll booths like that.

@All the rest: Thanks!

Vince

EDIT in responce to J-dub: Correct, I am trying different texture for the roof, RFID boxes, etc. for LHD users I can just flip it (save the signs, those require moving).

Also, I need some input on the light posts. I plan on having them a dark painted metal type (similar to what it already is but textured)

EDIT2: Oh yes, we can make wider RHW tollbooths (at jmvl's Q)
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Monorail Master

Blue Lightning : Good job on the MIS and RHW-4 tool booths. Is there a chance that you will be making toll booths for RHW-6,8,10, and EL-RHW?  'Cause the MIS tool booths will be great for creating RL toll hwys. Also, can u all make those ramp traffic lights? My mom told me that San Diego, CA has them on their freeway on ramps. And the city I live close to ; Knoxville, Tennessee. Has lights on their MIS ramps. But anyways, good job on those toll booths.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Swamper77

Quote from: Monorail Master on July 15, 2009, 10:32:25 AM
Blue Lightning : Good job on the MIS and RHW-4 tool booths. Is there a chance that you will be making toll booths for RHW-6,8,10, and EL-RHW?  'Cause the MIS tool booths will be great for creating RL toll hwys. Also, can u all make those ramp traffic lights? My mom told me that San Diego, CA has them on their freeway on ramps. And the city I live close to ; Knoxville, Tennessee. Has lights on their MIS ramps. But anyways, good job on those toll booths.

Adding metering signals to the ramps should be done with mods that are separate from the RHW mod itself. Not all areas or countries use metering signals on their onramps. Also every area is a little different on how they setup the metering signals. Some use a normal stoplight assembly with a bar over the road, and others use stoplights on vertical posts (called standards). Making such mods a default part of the RHW install would be unfair to those who make rural or European cities that don't use metering signals.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

KoV Liberty

I have to say that those are some pretty cool tollbooths!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

sithlrd98

Man, I've missed a lot! riiga ,jmvl awesome job! Alex, I guess I mis-understood what Rul14 controlled, nevertheless,it's an very cool accomplishment! Vince, you know how I feel about the booths and your signs! It still amazes me how much has been done with this project over the years...never thought I would see many of these additions! Keep it coming!

Jayson

Gaston

Blue Lightning,
   Excellent toll booths.    They look almost modular, which would be very kool for thr RHW.   It could be made to look like any of the highway running across the top of Illinios, Indiana, and Ohio  I80/I90.      Probably the interstate I know best.   LOL

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09