• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gugu3

@Blue Lightning:that's amazing!!!there's always need for new RHW bridges!!!
Nice job &apls

AngryBirdsFan436

Are there any plans for a lane shift for the RHW-6S, 8S and 10S?
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

Opkl

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on July 22, 2012, 05:53:21 AM
Are there any plans for a lane shift for the RHW-6S, 8S and 10S?

I needed these pieces as well...

Tarkus

They're definitely planned.  Don't know when they'll be made, however.  All of the wider RHWs are to eventually receive S-Curve/Lane Shifts and 45-degree wide-radius curves.

Edit: Also, for those of you on Reddit, I'm doing an AMAA . . . I'll be taking questions here.

-Alex

AngryBirdsFan436

Sometimes the RHW-4 inner and outer 45 degree smooth curve won't align with the sharp RHW curve so sometimes I have to delete the sharp curve just to put the 45 degree RHW-4 smooth curve. It's rather annoying! :P
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on July 24, 2012, 07:59:09 PM
Sometimes the RHW-4 inner and outer 45 degree smooth curve won't align with the sharp RHW curve so sometimes I have to delete the sharp curve just to put the 45 degree RHW-4 smooth curve. It's rather annoying! :P

You know you can just plop the curves on blank ground, then attach RHW-4 to it, right?
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

AngryBirdsFan436

I do that but it's a little bit inconvenient! And I have to use the RHW-4 filler pieces to override the RHW-2 which I don't like to do.  $%Grinno$%
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

gn_leugim

isn't more inconvenient to drag and bulldoze and plop and bulldoze and drag again and .... just saying ^^

Wiimeiser

Give the stubs starter overrides then.
Also, what's going on with the DDRHW?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: gn_leugim on July 25, 2012, 01:41:09 AM
isn't more inconvenient to drag and bulldoze and plop and bulldoze and drag again and

That sounds more confusing... And there are RHW filler pieces, don't you know? No need for extraneous starters in close quarters if you use fillers instead...

Quote from: Wiimeiser on July 25, 2012, 01:46:46 AM
Also, what's going on with the DDRHW?

We gotta do it all over again. :P

Main consideration other than to utterly downgrade DDRHW into being no better than RHW-3 is to use MHW in a Flex/Helper-type setup (Yes, we can also do work with just one side of an MHW, not just both sides). Unless Alex has a better or more accurate description, it's like the Diag Street helper pieces (and if it is, why did it take me that long to figure that out...?).

Quote from: Tarkus on July 13, 2012, 04:06:17 PM
One possibility is changing it from the draggable Rail-based setup to a helper/flex setup based on trick MHW CheckTypes, which would correct the capacity issues, and, as I discovered in building a prototype, would also mean that overpasses can be coded with RUL1 instead of RUL2 (meaning less code, and no worries about adjacency stability code).
<INACTIVE>
-----

Haljackey

While doing some highway retrofitting, I found something that some people may find useful.

While RHW-6C can't pass under elevated highway without reverting to three RHW-2s, you can convert it to MAVE/TLA-6/7. It doesn't look half bad either!

You can also split your RHW-6C into two parallel RHW-4s with a RHW-2 in the middle, but it doesn't look nearly as good in my mind. However, highway speeds and capacities are maintained with this technique.

Keep up the good work guys! RHW-6 lane shifts are something I am looking forward to!

gn_leugim

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on July 25, 2012, 02:52:37 AM
Quote from: gn_leugim on July 25, 2012, 01:41:09 AM
isn't more inconvenient to drag and bulldoze and plop and bulldoze and drag again and

That sounds more confusing... And there are RHW filler pieces, don't you know? No need for extraneous starters in close quarters if you use fillers instead...

I mean the other alternative, like he said: "Sometimes the RHW-4 inner and outer 45 degree smooth curve won't align with the sharp RHW curve so sometimes I have to delete the sharp curve just to put the 45 degree RHW-4 smooth curve. It's rather annoying! " I fond this more inconvenient than just plop first and drag latter. just saying

Blue Lightning

That's actually a side effect of removing the awkward "shoulder bend" 45 curve with the standard smooth bend, but the RUL flags underneath are different, and hence, the puzzle piece rejects the position.

Usually I leave gaps at the curve if I want to use smooth curves anyways, since its easier terrain-wise.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

drjumbajookiba

Quote from: Haljackey on July 25, 2012, 10:11:05 AM
While doing some highway retrofitting, I found something that some people may find useful.

While RHW-6C can't pass under elevated highway without reverting to three RHW-2s, you can convert it to MAVE/TLA-6/7. It doesn't look half bad either!

You can also split your RHW-6C into two parallel RHW-4s with a RHW-2 in the middle, but it doesn't look nearly as good in my mind. However, highway speeds and capacities are maintained with this technique.

Keep up the good work guys! RHW-6 lane shifts are something I am looking forward to!
Maybe once P57 is done maybe it may fix that problem
Live Out loud For God

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: drjumbajookiba on July 26, 2012, 01:51:02 AM
Maybe once P57 is done maybe it may fix that problem

The main problem is that most wider RHW networks were never given the proper RUL-2 code needed for crossing under MHW, probably because we didn't expect much in the way of MHW-RHW co-interaction, or there wasn't a space for it in the now overly-complicated and hopelessly disorganised pre-P57 IID allocation scheme.

Remember the MHW to RHW project going on? That's pretty much gonna make MHW-RHW crossings mandatory, even though there's a slot for MHW crossings already designated in the P57 IID allocation scheme.
<INACTIVE>
-----

drjumbajookiba

Here is a video to show you how to  Use the HOV markings  :)

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mEMPVIvTq2U?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>
Live Out loud For God

Haljackey

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on July 26, 2012, 02:10:03 AM
The main problem is that most wider RHW networks were never given the proper RUL-2 code needed for crossing under MHW, probably because we didn't expect much in the way of MHW-RHW co-interaction, or there wasn't a space for it in the now overly-complicated and hopelessly disorganised pre-P57 IID allocation scheme.

Exactly. This rebuild you're seeing is for the first MHW/RHW interchange I built, and that was way back in 2007. I don't think I have built a MHW/RHW junction since RHW 2.1.
-Heck I haven't even built a MHW since early 2010 :P

Anyway I made an entry in the Show Us Your Intersections thread if you want to see the completed retrofit, plus some historical pictures: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=252.msg429584#msg429584

AngryBirdsFan436

Hello, there's a pathing glitch with the RHW-8S to 6S Costemic Style B transition. On the merge lane, cars would dissapear when merging to the RHW-8S. Can you please fix it? It doesn't happen with the other transitions! And also, cars would dissapear on the 6S diagonals! It happens on U-Drive-It also!
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

woodb3kmaster

Have you tried looking at those pieces with DrawPaths turned on? It sounds like all you're describing is automata behavior, which doesn't necessarily mean that there's anything wrong with the paths. I recommend taking pictures of the affected pieces with DrawPaths turned on and posting them here.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

jdenm8

I've found the problem with the transition, it appears that two of the path files are the wrong way around.

As for Diag RHW-6S, would you happen to be changing lanes? That can happen when changing lanes on a non-ortho section of RHW. Easy fix? Don't change lanes.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley