• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MassHelper

ohhh....  :-[

Whoops!

:) Mass

P.S. It was still a nice trip, was it?
SC4 Modders' Assistant and Adviser

CasperVg

David, I haven't been at all as active as I would wish I had been, since the amount of work that you and the RAM team are doing is more than excellent, and I can't wait already to get my hands on all these new toys (just like everyone else, I'd say).
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

dedgren

Just finishing up the last of the remaining FARR pieces.

Maybe something to show for the effort later this evening.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

jmdude1

wow...this is such an active thread with a lot of things going on. i need to check it everday just to see what ive missed! excellent work as always, and that recent farr piece looks awesome, i cant wait to see you preview it in game (assuming you will at some point that is).

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

sim-al2

Me thinks FARR-FAR crossing.  ;D That could be useful. GO ANTIGRID!  :thumbsup:
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

metarvo

Impressive per the ever-rising 3RR standard, David. :thumbsup:  Since you're learning about puzzle pieces, who knows what you'll do with that? :)  Whatever it is, I'm sure it will blow my socks off.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

MassHelper

Dave, when are you releasing the FARR (or even STR)?

Waiting for it to be released... along with new repathed NCD railyards...

metarvo

If there were a #1 rule for SC4D, it would be the classic NAM standby.  It will be done when it is done, Mass.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

MassHelper

Alright then, metarvo.... I guess I'll hafta wait...

PhilsCafe

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your stunning work my friend... I'm very excited about the STR, and I'm not the only one obviously :). As for Craig's (abcvs) post... there's a triple spiral on the Gotthard railway near Wassen, Switzerland. It's not single track, but still quite amazing, especially since most of it runs in tunnels. When you pass the St Gotthard by rail, you can see the church of Wassen three times from different angles. It's something we're really proud of and every little kid knows about. There's a large tunnel (Gotthard Base Tunnel) under construction right know though which will make that section obsolete for north-south transit, but it probably will remain as a scenic railway...

Well, there I drifted off topic... I bet you hear tons of these stories from all over the world in your thread :)

- Phil

dedgren

Sometime in the next hour or so 3RR will pass 160,000 page views.  That's up from 140,000 at the start of October and 120,000 at the start of September.  Looking at that from that standpoint, 3RR here at SC4D has received a quarter of all of its page views- 40,000 out of 160,000, in just two months.  Considering in December we will have been "on the air" here for two years, that's no mean feat.

The great thing is that those numbers are none of my doing.  It's all you- the 3RR Regulars*, some of who have been here from day one and some of who showed up literally yesterday.  Oh, and all you lurkers, too...

...I know you're out there...

...all of you are just amazing!  Thank you!

Heather and I have some unplanned travel over the weekend.  We're moving one of our adopted sons from Helena to Austin, Texas, so we'll be logging a bunch of air miles between now and next Tuesday.  Heh!  It would be interesting to know how much of 3RR has been written/developed in the air and at airports.  I'm sure this trip, like the others before it, will produce something interesting.

The current FARR puzzle piece "in process":

One diagonal track S-curve, coming up.

Later.

David

*  A 3RR Regular, as we've said many times, is anyone who has ever commented here or over at 3RR-ST at least once.

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

rooker1

There you go David. 
Congrats on more than 160000 views and here's to 10 times more.

I don't comment here as often as I would like, but that's just because I can't think of anything else to say that hasn't already been said about how amazed I am with work coming out of this thread.  You and several others are definately taking this game to a new level.

:thumbsup:

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Ryan B.

Ah, Austin . . . . I know the area quite well, considering I used to live in Elgin, which is approximately 25 miles east of Austin on US HWY 290.  I hope your travel is safe and productive!

metarvo

A diagonal track S-curve!  The grid is gradually fading, and 3RR is partially responsible. :)

&apls

EDIT: Now it's Halloween, and I just had to come back in here to munch on some eye candy.

Geronimo

Wow David, you just keep on rollin!
Just have to quote rooker on this:

Quote from: rooker1 on October 30, 2008, 10:09:52 AM

I don't comment here as often as I would like, but that's just because I can't think of anything else to say that hasn't already been said about how amazed I am with work coming out of this thread.  You and several others are definately taking this game to a new level.

:thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Well, well, well, David!

160,000 views, and now even more FARR pieces! 3RR is the place to be for new and fantastic stuff!

Keep up the magnificent work, my friend!

Dustin

nerdly_dood

A quote from the thingy that tells you this stuff:
QuoteTopic: Three Rivers Region  (Read 160173 times)

Congratz! &apls
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Dark_Jedi06

I was a fool to think this couldn't get any better...

Phenomenal job!! ;D ;D ;D
...this space to be filled soon...

DFire870

Ooh, you're coming to Austin? That's cool, I live a few miles north in Round Rock. Although with all the growth, there's no space between the two cities now. Anyhow, hope your trip down here goes well.

Also, the progress on the FARR looks great, can't wait to use it in my regions.

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.