• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abcvs

Um I can't spell phenomenal so I will just make some sort of grunting sound of approval.

Safe journeys and even though we all hope for transit delays at the airport so you can work on more STR stuff, seriously we hope that your trip is a smooth one in all respects.

Fixed that for you.  - RB

Pat

David I'm sorry you are having to split the boys up and even further apart wow!!!  Like you said alot of 3RR has been born in the air and at airports too... this newest stuff here with the FARR/FAR is stunning!!! I hope you and Heather do find a little time for each other durning these next few days OK and thats an order from me!!!

Read 160523 times

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

stingstingsting

WOW. FARR out.  :P

You guys probably dont need any more support to drive your efforts than your ambition and boundless talents already do. Lol. But anyhows, keep it up! This will be (and already is) the next big thing after the NAM :thumbsup:

EDITHey, sting3, yet another great first-time 3RR/SC4D post!  We will most definitely be doing what we can do to make whatever the next thing is as good as whatever the last thing was.  I think you'll see a thing or two tonight that you'll really like. -DE

dedgren

On the plane for what seemed like all day.  Heather and I are in Montana, though.  Even though it was Halloween, we didn't see too much odd stuff on the way down.

Oh, yeah- there was that.

Here's today's output from the 3RR Puzzle Piece Machine.

...that's me, folks...

I'll clean up the moire patterns and texture anomalies during beta testing, which may not be that, er... FARR off.  I'll probably have the new doubletrack pieces out to the current crop of FARR testers within the week.  Don't ask me about STR, though- that's a decision for the RAM Team.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Jmouse

Just a note to let you know I'm thinking of you and your family at what must be a difficult time.

EDITJoan, sometimes Heather, SC4 and my friends here are about all that I have to help keep it together.  You can't begin to imagine how much I appreciate the game and this community. Thanks for thinking about us. -DE

Pat

David those new pieces are looking good there!!!  Have you and Heather had any "you" time yet? as per my orders lol  ;)

EDITPat, we've got a full schedule with each of the boys today, and tonight we'll all go out for a last dinner with the four of us together here in Montana.  I'll be back after their bedtime and have four or five more puzzle pieces I'm going to try to finish up this evening.  Heather and I had a great Mexican dinner last night at, believe it or not, this place.

As advertised, too!
-DE

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

JanYpe

&apls

There's something very classy about that puzzlepiece. Makes me want to set up a nice big rail network, once I've finally got the game installed on this laptop.

*goes back to lurking*
Lurker Extraordinaire

bat

Nice there, David! And looking forward to more... ;)

metarvo

Nice going, David!  Even though Halloween is over and done with, my eyes still get their daily fix of eyecandy.  Diagonal SC4 creations always get my attention (although 3RR has redefined "diagonal" as well, it seems).  From my experience in 3RR, these trips do bring out the best.  Of course, that's not to slight the fabulous 3RR masterpieces that you have created at home.  May all be well with you and your family, David.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

un1

David, sometimes you make me think...

"Why are you doing this?"

Now, I wonder...

"How do you find the time to do it?"

Now, I must say one word...

Amazing!  &apls &apls :o :o

-un1

Pat

***Snickering*** LoL David I am glad you got to have dinner where they advert nice toilets lol... I am also glad you have been spending good time as family too!!! it bites that you have to do what you got to do and my heart does go out for you and Heather that is why I was pushing a wee bit for that "you" time  ;)

Gaston

David,
  Glad to see you pick only the classiest of dining establishments for your eat'n pleasure.   LOL   You need a few more pics of the outside of that place, cause someone just has to BAT that place.   I'm thinking, SimGober?
  Have the safest of journeys.

---Gaston

EDITAl, great idea- I'm taking them in the morning.  Thanks, my friend! -DE
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

abcvs

There is a cafe down in our South Island that is very famous for its composting toilet.

dedgren

Working, working...

Hmmmm... just what might be next?

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

jmdude1

wow, another great pic.  and i think i know the answer to you question 'what might be next?'  im guessing anything could be next!  so much progress, excellent work.

sim-al2

Goody, more things to work with! Why is it so expensive to place though?  ()what()
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Godzillaman

Quote from: sim-al2 on November 01, 2008, 08:27:22 PM
Goody, more things to work with! Why is it so expensive to place though?  ()what()

Railways are generally expensive to lay down or replace in real life.

Next? Whatever comes to mind...;)
"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."

sim-al2

Of course I know that! I mean default rail is 8§ per tile, but the one David showed us (8 tiles in footprint) is 308§!

EDITThe new stuff has the cost of all the keyboard mileage I've racked up trying to learn puzzle-piecing figured into it, my friend.  Like I've said, there's still lots to do with this stuff- I can now more or less turn it out overnight, but it still takes a while to iron everything out. -DE
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

metarvo

Diagonal Rail to FARR? :shocked2:

Image from http://home.comcast.net/~rlaurio/TheSciences02b.html

That's a shocker.  I'm guessing that it's the trip that led to this one.  Wonderful, David.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

rooker1

&apls

I never know what to say when I come in here.....

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.