• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Avolon

Started by petercintn, January 18, 2007, 06:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercintn

Quote from: emilin on January 27, 2007, 06:41:21 AM
That's some impressive farms you've got going there. :thumbsup:

And looking at it I'm wondering of you just solved the dirt road problem that David (dedgren) brought up in 3RR, or is it just a trick? I see transit enabled dirt road lots that connect to the Trolca streets (or maybe it's not Trolca streets at all?) without creating sidewalks. How did you do that?

Yes it's trolica's simple dirt roads, but I didn't solve that problem.  Thanks for giving me a whole lot of credit I don't deserve.  See I can't even spell.  I'n not sure I know where you're seeing this, but I did download some TE lots based off of deadwood's trails, but for the life of me I can't find where I put them to reference them.  They came in two sets, the TE ones and non-TE one so you could fake out the idea that it was all TE.  I hope that's what you seeing.  The lots are called 'Transit enabled farm paths' or close to that.  Just found it - 'drmk_rural_trail_set' is the folder name.  Close won't I?
Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

petercintn

Mayor Collins, it's go..., ah, your back.

Hello Jeeves.  King Alek had this for you.

Well thank you!

No, thank the king Jeeves.  So how have things been going here?  Oakdale and Tiler Point still growing?

Of course, sir.

I've had some tough times Jeeves.  Both the SOMY Corp and NOB are trying to get rich off of me!  Toughest negotiations I've ever won.  The PEG Group were much nicer.

Good, is The PEG Group going to do the garabage dock?

I said they where nice, even trying to sell me on a garabage deal where they say the garbage gets dumped into the, how'd they put that, the edge of nowhere.

What's that?

I have no idea, Jeeves.  Told them I don't want no hocus pocus in my town.  We'll settle for old fashion push that trash on someone else.

How did the Cobb and HK meetings go?

Just fine, Jeeves, just fine.  Everything is a go.  Now that there's over 100,000 sims in the Avolon region, the big companys are starting to see the books in black.  Plus the fact that we are making a profit now helps.  How's the mines?

Digging sir.

Just grand Jeeves. let's take a ride to Tiler Point.

Look, that must be the moose messiah.

This is a good place to put a roundabout, no?

A close up of the walkway, a few sims are enjoying the view

Here's a space shot of the transportation Network

KooriSim123

&apls mate i am really liking what i see here. The farming shots are superb and i particularly liked the steel mill great stuff. Avolon looks very colourful and vibrant which to me is a good thing, who wants to see dull stuff anyway  ;D
Each update you seem tp be getting better with all the different tricks of the trade. Anyways i'll see ya next update
Catch ya
Strong,Black and deadly
My brothers keeper

bat

Wonderful update and great "transportation network"-picture!

wouanagaine

I like what you did with jeroni's walls. and with the SFBT trails parks

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Giligone

great pics! :thumbsup: That one with the trail is really good. The contrast in grasses between the trail and the fields doesn't bother me for some reason, you've made it work well. Good job! Keep it up.

dedgren

Peter-

QuoteWhere are we going Mayor?
I've got to see a horse about a man.
That's a man about a horse.
Are you still mumbling Jeeves?

Classic, just classic...

Classic what, I don't know.  You're breaking new ground here.

The 64 quads (slight bow, thanks) look marvelous.  They appear to be prime for SC4 development.  There probably isn't enough money in the world to buy up all that waterfront property and every bit of it is yours.

Looking at the efforts to date, I'm sure it will be used wisely.

...uh-oh, this is turning into fan mail...

Anyway, go see that horse...or man...or whatever.  Just come back soon with another update- we'll be watching for one.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

M4346

Quote"During the fourth watch of the night Messiah Moose went out to them, walking on the lake. When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear. But Messiah Moose immediately said to  them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." - Matthew 14:25 - 27 (Moose International Version [MIV])

:P

Just great! Absolutely fabulous MD you got yourself here! And I will be looking forward to more, especially in the Chronicles of Messiah Moose!  :D

Keep up the good work!  &apls

-M-
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

pvarcoe

Hey Peter.

What a great update. A bit of story, a lot of pics, who could complain  #stsfd·

The Tiller Point shots are excellent. You have a unique style (that's a good thing).

I love the countryside shots, your farms look super.
I believe those dirt trails are created by Darmok and are TE.

Nice work with the ploppable water.
I have a hard time getting it to look natural.

Your mention of a possible roundabout makes sense to me.
It would look very natural in that spot.

Really enjoyed the update, Thanks!

jeronij

petercintn , thanks for the pleasure I had seeing these last pictures. Full of nice details indeed. Great work  :thumbsup: !!!
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

nedalezz

I love the way you're telling the story of your MD; fantastic stuff. Very original, and extremely creative. Add to the fact that you've got some great pictures, and its easy to see why you have such a great MD. Keep it up!

Wamiod

great pictures with a high ammount of details  &apls

only thing i don't like is the grid....
Also known as Anubis89 on other SC4-related sites.

CabraBuitre

I agree with Wouanagaine, the SFBT trails parks look great!  I've actually been looking for these... do you remember where you got them?  (Simtrop is currently down... if it's there, then I guess I'll just wait, that's the only place I haven't looked!!)

Check out Abelfarei!

thundercrack83

Great update! The farms and the trails look fantastic, as is you use of the ploppable water. Keep up the good work!

sebes

great update again. I like the village and the farmlands... The "triangle" shaped farm next to the walkpath is fabulous :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Fred_Ginger

I'd like to say ditto to all of the above, loved your use of the ploppable water, I can never get it to look so natural.  Also loved your use of the trail, looked like a nice place to walk... :thumbsup:
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

petercintn

Mayor Collins would like to honor several of the great sims that have been vital to the success of Avolon. 
As always, Alek, King of SC4 is the first to thank.  Then I would like to thank my group of valued administrators, starting with the head admin - dedgren.  He heads up the most impressive staff short of Simtropia.  Transportation Minister - your_address_here;  Domestic Advisor - Fred_Ginger;  Environmental Minister - thundercrack83;  sebes - Contractor General;  bat - General Architech;  fury00 - Food & Drug Minister;  pvarcoe - Minister of the Sky;  Giligone - Minister of War & Peace;  M4346 - Pope of the Church of the Moose;  Gaston - Minister of Agriculture;  KooriSim123 - Foreign Minister;  mightymoose - the messiah?;  threestooges - Minister of Propaganda;  emilin - Education Administrator;  jaculina - Parks Administrator; bulldog2010 - Wildlife Minister;  nedalezz - Minister of Police;  CabraBuitre - Health Minister;  Wamiod - Minister of Fire & Water;  Wouanagaine & jeroni - two of the best known city planners on loan from King Alek.

Ahem... Ah... Your all fine sims, the finest.  The region of Avolon, well, the city of Oakdale itself is over 1/3 million souls now and growing.  Without sebes, bat and dedgen, all of you helped as much as they, the mines would not be digging and the steel mill would have no ore.  We would have no region.  Why with the steel mill, the saw mills, the concrete plant, and the labor of good sims, we can build anything.  We can do anything!

Small cheers almost rose above the crowd.

And for all that you do...

The crowd began to chant 'This bud's...

I will have the grandest staduim built that you can play ball in.  Mayor Collins interrupted.

for yo... what!?  We want free beer!'  The crowd noise notched up a bit.  The mayor mistook this for approval.

Give it up for your Aministration, sims, let's have a big round of applause!

The crowd died and buried themselves on their way home.

Hey Jeeves!  Grab pvarcoe and let's take a trip to Union Hill.

Right away your mayorship, sir.

Now let's hop over to Blaylock Mountain

Shiloh, next stop.

Jeeves woke the Mayor as they circled Oakdale to land at the regional airport.  Look at all those light's Mayor.  For once the Mayor was speechless.

Hope to get this quicker to you than this time.  I've been seeing a lot of horses lately.

dedgren

Peter- Saw the update just before was headed to bed and was compelled to look.  15 minutes have now passed and I'm still looking.  You've done a good bit of hard work, here- will make a proper comment tomorrow.

G'night.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

emilin

That was a really good update! Got to love the welcome sign. And the slightly dry homour is exactly in my taste - "we cater for the rich", hehe :thumbsup:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

wouanagaine

Really great update, the mine is very well setup

BTW, you used a BAT I always want to find, on the second pic, the rail utility that is clipped on the right, where can I find it ?

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4