• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Somewhere in my Mind

Started by Flipside, February 14, 2007, 12:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 5!

wonderful rural area and great picture of it!

QuoteBtw, I just saw your avatar ... it's nice, although it scares me slightly.
Thanks, yours is also nice!

Heinz

nice farming area you have there. the missile base in the middle of it? lol... hope it doesnt ruin the crops!

thundercrack83

Your farming town of Calcavecchia looks pretty good! I love the ploppable streams that you meander from lake to lake. I do see a trend with some of your town and landmark names, though: I saw Zvonareva (tennis player Vera Zvonareva) in an earlier update and now Calcavecchia (golfer Mark Calcavecchia), which begs the question: Do you watch a lot of sports highlights? I love doing little things like that in my cities, too!

threestooges

Well, to answer your question: Larry has his moments and has a way of helping accentuate the other two, Moe, though he is the "leader" of the group (if they can be lead), but doesn't quite do it. Shemp was always ok but Curly did his thing better. He had a good mix of everything, plus, no one has been able to match his "Woo! Woo! Woo!" in comedic situations. The farming area looks to be making a nice comeback, and if I see it correctly, there appears to be a hotel down there taking advantage of the quiet farm life and the nearby water way. Looking better and better each time.

Flipside

Quote from: Heinz on April 04, 2007, 02:59:31 AM
nice farming area you have there. the missile base in the middle of it? lol... hope it doesnt ruin the crops!

Nah, my Sims just market them as "Genetically Modified".  ;) 

Flipside

Quote from: thundercrack83 on April 04, 2007, 09:11:38 PM
Your farming town of Calcavecchia looks pretty good! I love the ploppable streams that you meander from lake to lake. I do see a trend with some of your town and landmark names, though: I saw Zvonareva (tennis player Vera Zvonareva) in an earlier update and now Calcavecchia (golfer Mark Calcavecchia), which begs the question: Do you watch a lot of sports highlights? I love doing little things like that in my cities, too!

I watch a lot of tennis.  :) I'm not CRAZY about golf, but I will watch the Majors. I just like Mark's last name.  ;)

You have to pluck all those names from somewhere, right?  ;D

Flipside

Quote from: threestooges on April 04, 2007, 11:28:14 PM
Well, to answer your question: Larry has his moments and has a way of helping accentuate the other two, Moe, though he is the "leader" of the group (if they can be lead), but doesn't quite do it. Shemp was always ok but Curly did his thing better. He had a good mix of everything, plus, no one has been able to match his "Woo! Woo! Woo!" in comedic situations. The farming area looks to be making a nice comeback, and if I see it correctly, there appears to be a hotel down there taking advantage of the quiet farm life and the nearby water way. Looking better and better each time.

So, Curly, eh?

There IS a hotel down there ... looking to escape the city life? It's your destination.  It's even far enough from the farms to avoid the ungodly stench of manure ... providing the wind is blowing the other way.

Say, did I mention the rooms which face the city are heavily discounted?  ::)

Heinz

how about o'meara, singh or woods? armour? michelson? els? lol. thought there was an update but decided to drop a line anyway. see you around, flipside. if i havent mentioned it yet, going through somewhere in your mind is always a treat. wouldnt like to buy those genetically modified foods however

thundercrack83

Quote from: Flipside on April 05, 2007, 11:44:13 PM
I watch a lot of tennis.  :) I'm not CRAZY about golf, but I will watch the Majors. I just like Mark's last name.  ;)

You have to pluck all those names from somewhere, right?  ;D

I do the same thing when I'm naming things within my city. I try to have themes for street names, parks, etc., depending on what it is I'm naming. Can't wait to see your next update, my friend!

Flipside

Heinz: Els. Els should definitely appear in my region. "Els Elevated Rail". "Els Archipelago". Something like that. :)

Thundercrack: Wait no longer ...

I've been so busy lately! Haven't had time to do an update ... but I think I will do a little mini one for now. Let me showcase a city in the South (North of Calcavecchia though) - Artika.

Artika was totally destroyed by Hurricane X-Tina. It was in the past a thriving metropolis - X-Tina reduced it to rubble.

There's many more pics of the disaster and the city before the disaster, but I'll get there later. That'll do for now.

This is just a taste of what the city looks like now. In some areas, the city fathers have purposely left signs of some of the destruction intact as a reminder. "File your taxes openly and honestly every year or hurricanes abound," they say ...

Ok, that's it for now. :) More later when I get the chance ...

rooker1

Very nice update...Alot of damage caused by that hurricane, I hope the poeple pay thier taxes.

Robin  ;D
Call me Robin, please.

Flipside

Quote from: rooker1 on April 18, 2007, 06:10:37 AM
Very nice update...Alot of damage caused by that hurricane, I hope the poeple pay thier taxes.

Robin  ;D

Two things in life are for sure, Robin. Death and taxes.  ;D

Random thought: the game does air pollution back-to-front. A coal power plant is the smoggiest of the power plants (which is correct), yet it pales in comparison to some of the bigger dirty industries! In life, it's definitely the opposite. Coal-fired power plants are the major cause of global warming.

I think my region might bow to global warming fears and go nuclear in the near future.  ;) My social conscience demands it.  :D

thundercrack83

Wow, that's a lot of hurricane damage! Funny how the government uses the fear of hurricanes as a means of getting people to pay their taxes. Great update!

bat

great city! wonderful pictures! :thumbsup:

Pat

Flip great last few updates.  its scary to see that X-tina was a total devastion to the community but hey glad to see
the recovery is going pretty good compared to the RL recovery in the gulf coast - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Flipside

Thundercrack: The city Fathers are a cynical sort ... the people are a gullible sort. ;)

Bat: You are too kind, my friend.

Pat: Naturally the recovery is going better: FEMA has had no role in it.  ;D ::)

I'm going to do another update in a matter of minutes ... it's gonna be a little scattered and random ... showcasing some cities I haven't before ...

Flipside

The people of Artika may be gullible, but they're not *that* acquiesant ...

Once upon a time, Somewhere in My Mind was ruled by a tyrant of great talent and fatal flaws. This is where he lived out his final years ... the lonely island of Saint Hell ...

It is said the isolation of the island drove him mad. Driven to daily stupors, he would do nothing but gaze at the windmill blades revolving, revolving whispering ... "Revolving, revolving ..."

Not *too* far from the loneliness of Saint Hell is the beautiful hamlet of Burning Bay.

It would be kinda nice if the teenagers stopped setting the beach on fire at night though ...

The beauty of the redwood forests that once covered the area are still to be found ... in smaller doses, granted, but they are there ...

Lemantine Isle ... the farthest East of any of the land masses of SIMM. It was not discovered until well into the Age of Exploration ...

Here too one can find beautiful redwood forest ... much more than remains amidst the concrete and wood and steel of Burning Bay ...

One can also see rhodedendrons. They grow in abundance in the Isle (which really should be "Isles", but the explorers named it in ignorance of the surrounding islets - or the Mayor missed a key on his keyboard, whichever you choose to believe ;)).

The settlers set up a fort upon arrival ...

But it never proved very profitable. The Isle's semi-famous "Scent of Rhodedendron" cologne never made much of an impact ...

The fort was abandoned in short order, but now a few scientists populate the Isle, doing important research into the feasibility of solar power ...

That's everything for now. :) More to come in the coming days and weeks, of course.  $%Grinno$%

thundercrack83

Looks good, Flipside! I like the storyline and the pictures look great, too! Can't wait to see more!

bat

Great looking pictures! Fantastic update! :thumbsup:

Pat

LoL Flip thank god FEMA hasnt touched it at all as we all know
how well it has worked before in the past lol
great update here and man St Hell dont look that bad lol - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie