• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Some American Football fields

Started by Chrisadams3997, September 28, 2007, 11:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisadams3997

Pat riot:  I'm curious, what are the circular markings near the end zones?
    and I guess I'll have to render a smaller version of my bleachers... ;D

I'm really suprised to see just how little markings a lot of these have, and that some don't even seem to be marked to all.  Guess I've been around college ball for too long. :)  These could get worked into some new fields.  Do these fields have number markings on them or not?  If so, where and how big.

XiahouDun

Quote from: Chrisadams3997 on October 01, 2007, 04:11:50 PM
Pat riot:  I'm curious, what are the circular markings near the end zones?
    and I guess I'll have to render a smaller version of my bleachers... ;D

I'm really suprised to see just how little markings a lot of these have, and that some don't even seem to be marked to all.  Guess I've been around college ball for too long. :)  These could get worked into some new fields
The images of my area were taken around spring time, so no on field practices yet (thus no need for lines), and Track and Field uses the fields at that time. Neither field has numbers though, and they leave the endzones plain (except in the regional championship game if Penn makes it, then there is gold paint in the endzone).
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

Chrisadams3997

Here's a quick test run I did with Pat Riot's field

Pat Riot

chrisadams-that was actually when the feild was being used for soccer. I don't know how they do it, but they somehow manage to make the soccer lines dissapear for friday nights, even though they are in the same season.  As for the numbers, im not exactly sure, but most of the feilds round here don't have numbers, instead they have orange markers on the 10,20,30 etc. o and alot of our feilds don't have entrances or facades like the one you showed, they are just stands that you can walk under with a press box on top.  Amazing how different high school football can be  :P

edit: wow that looks fantastic! you even got the crappy caretaking down :p

Chrisadams3997

lol, crappy caretaking is my specialty, you should see my apartment.

That's some good information on the numbers and such.  I think I'll get around to making these into a second set of fields for the 'less developed' football programs.

Here's just the same quick dealing with XiahouDun's field(the first one)

XiahouDun

Looks good, though why not make the first one I posted have whiter lines and the second one have the faded? I had to snicker at the less developed idea, even though Penn hasn't lost in their conference (NIC) in over 20 years. I know what you mean, still found it humorous though :D Anyways, fields look very real like the textures are taken straight from the pictures :thumbsup:

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

Travis

QuoteTravis:  How big of a school?
About 1200 students, but my middle school back in New Jersey was bigger.  ;)

I doubt you want to model my field, all it is is grass enclosed by a fence.  :P

These new fields do look great.  :thumbsup:

DFire870

Here's another stadium that shows you how big football is here in Texas:

This stadium was built a few years ago by the local school district, which has 4 high schools. Before this stadium was built, the only official field to play football on was the field at my high school. All 4 schools had to share that stadium, so occasionally my high school would be the visiting team... on our own turf! This new stadium is affectionately called "The Palace", and it's not located on any high school campus, or even within walking distance. I personally haven't been to it, but I heard it's nice (also, you can see that the seating makes a bowl, which is unique for a high school stadium, so every seat can see the 50-yard line).

It was a VERY expensive stadium too, thus the nickname.
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

Chrisadams3997

Xiahoudun:  That's a good idea with the lines, and it'll give me three fields(which seems to be my magic number) to work off of.  I'll just need to set up the track and fields for each of them, then I'll have an additional set all done.  Then perhaps someone could lot them for me ;cough;Travis;cough; ;)

Quotefields look very real like the textures are taken straight from the pictures

Can't imagine why they'd look like that ::) ;)

Travis:  Wow, we had 1000 students, but still have a pretty big stadium.  And that was Louisiana, not even Texas.  Though we did have the largest one in our Parish(what they call their counties.)

DFire:  WOW, that thing is nuts for a high school stadium, even if several of them are using it.  I'm going to have to make yall stop posting pictures, I might never get back to the RRP :D  Any of yall interested in learning to Bat stadiums ;D

XiahouDun

Quote from: Chrisadams3997 on October 01, 2007, 05:37:50 PM
Can't imagine why they'd look like that ::) ;)
Hehe, glad you picked up on the sarcasm :D I'm doing similar with one of my projects... (I just realized I have a LOT of projects. I should finish one) Its a good technique to use

Filasimo

didnt they have that stadium in the movie the longest yard? it looks familiar.... :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

DFire870

Yeah, it's gigantic. A lot of people in the school district's taxing area were a bit mad that so much money was used to build such a nice stadium, but meh. And the stadium is used for other things than just high school football games... The Austin Wranglers (Arena Football) use it for training sometimes.

I would post my high school's stadium, but it's nothing spectacular, especially compared to The Palace. :P

And Filasimo, no, the one in The Longest Yard is in California.
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

Travis

QuoteThen perhaps someone could lot them for me ;cough;Travis;cough;
::)

Of course.  ;)

QuoteWow, we had 1000 students, but still have a pretty big stadium.

Go figure. Our school is way more basketball-oriented anyway, and I guess they figured they wouldn't need to provide much seating for the football field- our team is worst in the county, haven't won a game in 3 years. That's one of the reasons I didn't join the team.  :P

XiahouDun

If you need any more field shots, there are about 12 football fields in my county (including University of Notre Dame), so just let me know.

Chrisadams3997

Well, the three fields I've got should be good, but if you see anything of particular intrest feel free to post it.  Also, I'm interested in seeing different track layouts and textures.

oh, and Trav, knew I could count on you :thumbsup:.

Till next time guys, I've got to go play some music :)

Chris

Filasimo

@Dfire:  ahh i thought the shot of the field you showed was it guess not hehe  :-[
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Travis

QuoteAlso, I'm interested in seeing different track layouts and textures.

I think we kinda ran out of variants in that category.  :P At least I can't think of anything else to add.  :)

Anyway, I must be getting back to my lotting duties, I've got quite a ways to catch up.  ;) You're BATting new fields faster than I can lot them.  :D

skyliner

Great work your doing! I was wondering if you can make a field like at my school. Yes, it does not look even close to all the other fields but i guess this is wat inner city fields in most cities look or most of the schools in SF!

Chrisadams3997

So the first thing I says to myself when I saw you're picture was "ooo, is that a dirt track," and I still don't know if it is, but I went on google images anyway and found some pics and was wondering if anyone knew just how representative they are, so, uh, here they are:

I particularly like this one.

Looking at these it seems like doing a dirt track texture won't be as hard as I first imagined, so perhaps in the near future...

Oh yea, and here's a quick preview on that field.

I might have to have a vote to see which fields make it and which don't in the near future if this keeps up ;)

rooker1

That will look soooo awesome in game.  A whole new level of realism to fields of any kind.  Great work.

&apls &apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.