• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkirch

Great update and can't wait for the completely finished product.  It's like waiting on Christmas Morning, the anticipation kills you.  Great worka s always Pat.

Jmouse

Very interesting. Guess I'm going to have to give TPW a try pretty soon.
And thanks for continuing the tutorial!

Until next time...
Joan

thundercrack83

Another smashing update, my good friend!

I love your special picture, it's very creative! And the bridges look good, too. I'll be looking forward to seeing more development.

Oh, and congratulations on your 400th comment, too!

Schulmanator

QUIT TEASING!! I'm telling my mommy you're teasing me!!!  :P

Gimme the update or I tell on you!!!  :P
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Pat

OK a simple reply tonight and for this im sorry but im excited to get this on the books... I promiss that i will do full replies later but with Waterfalls Update # 40 is now on the books and a special thank you to Tkirch for making the 400th post here....  now with out further ado here we go.....................

Remember earlier i said those bridges wasnt final well they wasnt i had to re-rain the area and the bridges disappeared all together so well now i will show a little bit in what i do to recover after the rain... 

as you can see here that the flooding as did something rather strange with the bridges...
Don't worry this effect is not final and after you save and come back everything will be just fine here...

Some more effects the flooding has on bridges....

As you can see after the rain had come down i had some flooding i wanted to fix asap...
I know saving and coming back would have cleared it but for this purpose to show that
when setting up bridges the area needs to be clear and readily useable...

Here you can see that i used the small hill tool from going back to god mode
and i set it to the smallest as possible setting at zoom # 2 and tool size as well # 2

Now we got to flatten the area that we made hilly to get rid of the water and now
i went into zoom 1 with size still at 2 to flatten the hills and not anything else....

See there we go its all good now after flatting the area ever so delicately and i do mean
take it easy when flatting the area you had to raise as you might cause damage to the
surrounding area and we dont want that....

Matt 3Stooges dont worry im getting to your questions and with the answers
i hope you will appreciate... OK continuing on here we now see that i did have something
going on in the last pic and now with this one we see more devolpment of the bridge area's...

Now in the next few shots im just gonna show off the devolpment process
and i will be quite for now lol

Here is a closer look of whats to come further up in devolpment going
on in here with waterfalls devolpment...

Ohhh wait was that anther teaser lol... HeHeHeHe...... 

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

This is some fascinating stuff, Pat. I'm so glad you decided to pass along some tips and tricks. And the bridges look really from here. (Did I mention more than 250 times that I love bridges? :D)
Thanks again for sharing.

Until next time...
Joan

Make that look really GOOD from here!

tooheys

Now that is clever, wouldn't have thought of that, using the rain effect to flood over the ploppable water to enable the bridges to draw (did I get it right?)

Thanks Pat  :thumbsup: and great pic's too. The update if it comes is going to be HUUUGE :D

Cheers

Dave

Schulmanator

Looks great! Please send the floods over here. We have had a 3 day rain last month as our only precipitation in ~3 months. I am eager to see what you have in store for us!

Rock on!  :thumbsup:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

bat

amapper

Nice tutorials. I still like the one you did on the lake/park.

Pat

Quote from: Jmouse on November 06, 2007, 10:43:29 PM
This is some fascinating stuff, Pat. I'm so glad you decided to pass along some tips and tricks. And the bridges look really from here. (Did I mention more than 250 times that I love bridges? :D)
Thanks again for sharing.

Until next time...
Joan

Make that look really GOOD from here!

Hey Joan welcome back my friend and thank you soo very much for sticking around here...
Really im trying my best to pass on some good stuff and nothing but the best for all..... Yea i think i
read somewhere that a mouse loves bridges lol.....

Quote from: tooheys on November 06, 2007, 10:49:42 PM
Now that is clever, wouldn't have thought of that, using the rain effect to flood over the ploppable water to enable the bridges to draw (did I get it right?)

Thanks Pat  :thumbsup: and great pic's too. The update if it comes is going to be HUUUGE :D

Cheers

Dave

Hey Dave i know i told ya's in a pm but i want to also to share with the community at large...
Flooding over PW or TPW is totaly accidental cause i made a boo boo and i was trying to fix it
and in the process i learned a thing or 2 lol.... all you need is a little bit of rain to get
the bridges to draw...

Quote from: Schulmanator on November 07, 2007, 04:06:19 AM
Looks great! Please send the floods over here. We have had a 3 day rain last month as our only precipitation in ~3 months. I am eager to see what you have in store for us!

Rock on!  :thumbsup:

Hey schul welcome and thank you for coming back to waterfalls as well, my fav little monkey maker and kitty kibbler  ;) I know we are so in need of rain up here as well its sad to see my fav lake drying up siigh
but on a better note i hope you like whats coming up now.....

Quote from: bat on November 07, 2007, 06:22:40 AM
Great work on that river! Looking forward to more...

Thank you Bat and welcome back.... I hope you love whats heading your way shortly.....

Quote from: amapper on November 10, 2007, 05:41:49 PM
Nice tutorials. I still like the one you did on the lake/park.

HIya's Amapper welcome back.... Im glad that you liked the update on the lake/park area....
Between you and i dont worry more to devolpe there soon  ;)

Hey to everyone else thanks for stopping in and looking in here please leave
a comment next time around... Its always good to hear from new friends that havent
said hi yet.... OK all just look beneath here and you got the next update.... Here i will
address Matt's Question from back on Nov. 3rd So now please with out further ado here we gooo!!!

Waterfalls..."Special Tut on how to get the right creek"

pic-1: First select the shallow canyon tool and begin to get your terrain low enough to like soo, im using zoom 2 and size 2 for shallow canyon tool

pic-2: Now take the flatten terrain tool and  set to what ever size you want but for this purpose im using size 2 at zoom 2... So now to begin to draw your river like soo....

pic-3:

pic-4:

pic-5:

pic-6:

pic-7: OK now we take out the rain tool woohoo flooding time.... OK here im at zoom 3 and size 4... I hold down until the rain stops coming down and then i repeat a quick couple times and then shortly the water
should start to fill up... This is a rather tricky part of this process and it takes some time to get it right...
when using the rain tool... one little trick is to sweep it back and forth in the area you are working with...

pic-8: As you can see here i flooded a little bit over but this is easy fixxer upper.....

pic-9:

pic-10:

pic-11:

pic-12:

pic-13:

pic-14: Now you need to flatten the area carefully and get the shore line right for smoothing

pic-15: Cont. to work out the kinks to get the area flatten

pic-16: anther random shot here for the preping

pic-17: Now what you are going to do is smooth the terrain with the smooth tool and go along the bank area,
Don't mind it if you loose the water that you can easily put back in a little bit

pic-18: Now after you resoften the area you will need to fill the area back up with rain water...
This time i gotten it just right no over flooding as you can see in the next few shots

pic-18B:

pic-19: Now you are set to draw out your bridges...

pic-20:

Well thats that for this update on Waterfalls Tut for "how to get the right creek"....
If you have any questions on how i did something please feel free to ask and i will do my
darndest to get back to you... Next update will be showing off some random stuff....
Matt and Dave I hope this helped to explain in how i do it.... If it dont like i said feel free
to ask further... OK cool!!! See you all soon again - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

Thanks to you, there just might be some TPW in my region's future.
This tuto is definitely going in my "best of the best" folder. Thanks again for sharing.

Until next time...
Joan

paroch

Pat,

Thanks for that tut, very interesting.  When I see the things you and other guys achieve I realise that I'm really just a beginner!  I'm gonna give it a go and see what I can come up with.  Does that mean you've inspired me ()what() ()what() ()what()

Pat

Joan and Paroch thank you to the 2 of you for your wonderful comments and compliments.... This afternoon i would like to take the time to say a special thank you to all Vets of ALL wars past to present from Active Duty to Peace Time tours and salute you all....

Now i would like to post here the soldiers prayer which please check out Here [linkie]

A Soldier's Prayer

Almighty Father, Whose Command is over all and Whose Love never faileth,

let me be aware of Thy presence and obedient to Thy will.

Keep me true to my best self, guarding me against dishonesty

in purpose and in deed, and helping me so to soldier and to live

so as to stand unashamed and unafraid before my fellow soldiers,

my loved ones, and Thee.   

Protect those in whose love I live.

Give me the will to do the work of a man and to accept my share

of responsibilities with a strong heart and a cheerful mind.

Make me considerate of those entrusted to my leadership

and faithful to the duties my country has entrusted to me.

Let my uniform remind me daily of the traditions

of the Service of which I am a part.

If I am inclined to doubt, steady my faith;

if I am tempted, make me strong to resist;

if I should miss the mark, bestow upon me courage to try again.

Guide me with the light of Thy truth ~ and keep before me the life of

Him in Whose example and deliverance I trust.

In the name of my Lord,

Amen.

Now from here in this post i will present to you a specail military update to Waterfalls.... No great nation shall be left undefended by one's self, its here we call upon our great citizens to do there civic duty and serve their country which so many have done to date.....

The Main Base............

A memorial to our fallen brethren and sisters........

Off base tribute to the soliders of the fallen....

Now some random shots of the base complex.....

Base Entrances.............

Parade Grounds.............

Base Transfer Stations..........

MIU Staff Sgt Neil Vincent Building......

Thats it for this special update for Veterans Day 2007 - pat

TheTeaCat

Very Nice indeed Pat &apls. Good work with the tutorial, the dedication on Remembrance Sunday and the nice army base. All in all  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Jmouse

A wonderful and fitting tribute, Pat. Few families have gone untouched by military service in one way or another. Most of us have friends or relatives who have served, and multitudes have contributed by writing to service men and women or helping to fill care packages.
My late husband served in the United States Air Force for four years during the Vietnam era.
Your military base looks great, but my prayer is that we'll someday reach a point where we no longer need them.

Until next time...
Joan

Schulmanator

Wow! The tutorial was very helpful.  &apls I have yet to use the rain tool but need to give it a shot. And, the Veteran's tribute is very nice.    ;DWhat a great area. I would love to make one, but I cannot seem to get the SNM pieces to show up.  %confuso I am gonna have to try out your techniques for some great new water features in Monkey Island.  :)

Thanks and have a great weekend!

kimcar

&apls &apls Nice tribute, and great tutorial you have done my friend. It`s nice to see some other technic to build. Very usefull .Thanks and have fun

FrankU

Nice tutorial.
But you put quite some effort in terraforming after the rain, and then you fill it up with rain again. Isn't the rain only useful because of the bridges? As far as I know the rain will disappear after closing the game and starting it again. So, for a saveable creek we need to work with ploppable water.
Or did I overlook something?

Lots of succes!

bat