• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doorknob60

Here's a Y (or partial Y?) interchange I made today, which also serves as sorta a diamond with another perpendicular avenue:

Here's a cloverleaf I made (I know I make a lot of them with RHW...not good at getting other ideas for full 4 way freeway interchanges with RHW):
Click here if you want to play SimCity 4 in Linux :)
Click here if you want to try Linux :)

canyonjumper

Here's two more pics!

I redid that last pic I showed. I eliminated the left-hand exit, its now safer, and more realistic.

and something a Brit would be proud of :D

Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

smileymk

and something a Brit would be proud of :D

Jordan :thumbsup:

You weren't inspired by my earlier attempt at the Magic Roundabout (as that interchange is called), were you? Besides, some of those roundabouts are redundant - maybe get rid of that middle layer of 4.

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube

el_cozu

Check this out... new windmill design

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

MandelSoft

That are quite a lot of arrows. Try to leave some space inbetween them next time.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

el_cozu

I just want my sims to know they're about to enter an intersection... lol... i don't want them to get confused.

darraghf

Quote from: el_cozu on July 02, 2010, 10:02:05 AM
I just want my sims to know they're about to enter an intersection... lol... i don't want them to get confused.

It looks more realistic if you space them, every two tiles
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

Haljackey

canyonjumper: Cool, but could use a braided ramp between the avenue and the RHW... they are a little too close IMO. I also agree with mrtnrln, keep your pavement markings at least two one tile apart for a more realistic look.

Nice windmill-ish setup el_cozu!

Reconstructed a highway to fit some collector/distributor lanes in.

I decided it was the best way to go because it would keep me from replacing the original Maxis ground highway. Volumes were high and there would be a lot of weaving if I simply widened it to a RHW 8 or 10 and added more ramps. I decided some distributors were the best course of action. Here are some pics.

The new system starts north of this sunken stack interchange. I built this a while ago and it's finally starting to get good use due to nearby developments.
-I happen to think it's the best layout as Maxis (NAM) stack interchanges go.

Beginning of the system. What's up with the pathing?  ()what()
-I guess as long as it works I'm good. :P

Dedicated merge lane near the loop ramp. I hardly ever build weave lanes but this is an exception since it is right where the new extension starts. Also, due the fact I can't place cosmetic pieces under overpasses I may as well stick a few merge arrows on the other side before the dotted line begins.

The acceleration lane for this ramp is a little short, but I think the relatively straight ramp makes up for this as it allows cars enough room to accelerate to highway speeds.

So many onramps on the left side. You could certainly call these "collector" lanes as the RHW-4 collects the entering traffic before sending it to the mainline.

Angled loop ramp near the other terminus of the outer lanes.

I think this an interesting loop ramp setup.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed these!

rusummer1

Check out my SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/russmass

dany10000

An highway exit... like italian style :P

Greetings

doorknob60

I've done an upgrade :P There was (and still is) a lot of traffic going through here, so I made probably the highest capacity cloverleaf I can make (within reason).

Old:

New:
Click here if you want to play SimCity 4 in Linux :)
Click here if you want to try Linux :)

Terring7

Just an idea... ::) ::)

Epic Fail, right? ;D
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Gilikov1994

Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

the7train

Here's a collector-express highway with 2 interchanges I made up

And a DDI:

Kevin1a

I like the DDI, well built with plenty of room between the lights for traffic to stack up.

emgmod

Haljackey

the7train

Thanks guys!  Here's some more...

The whole of my main city (Yet to be completed):

Northern-most exit near residential zone:

Next two exits from the north:

Large 3 way interchange near airport with Collector / Express in all directions:

Zoomed in:

Zoomed in to the west:

Further west, basket-weave:

Hope you enjoy!  Questions/comments/criticism always welcome.

Nego

I like it, though I think you might have over done it a little. It still looks good and I'd love to see some pictures with cars on the highway. It looks like you put a lot of work into your highways.

rusummer1

the7train. Those look AMAZING. &apls I think if you build up your city and suburbs more the highways will fill up pretty nicely.
Check out my SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/russmass