• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

samerton

Quote from: mrtnrln on August 11, 2010, 08:31:36 AM

A3 x A16: Hogevelden Crossing:

Couldn't build this interchange before because I didn't had enough room. Now with the new ramps I can.

Oh, and there is another new feature hidden in these pictures. Can you spot it?

Best,
Maarten

That interchange is brilliant! I love the new curved ramps!
I can't spot that hidden feature... it must blend in so well!

CraigKingOfIreland

Quote from: mrtnrln on August 11, 2010, 08:31:36 AM
Oh, and there is another new feature hidden in these pictures. Can you spot it?

Is it the road signs at the turnoff? Or the chevrons? :P

MattyFo

Yes! curving ramps are excactly what these highways need.  Right now cloverleafs require way to much space, at least this way they can be compacted a little bit more.

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

riiga

Very cool, Maarten! As for the hidden feature, is it the lights along the wide radius MIS curves?

- riiga

Biriali

I believe the hidden feature is ERHW-4 over RHW6. Man, that is sweet!
Nemo sobrius saltaret

MandelSoft

^^ Yep, you found it! A new feature of the RHW 4.1 is the ability for the ERHW-4 to cross wider RHW-networks ;)  In my pictures you can see ERHW-4 over RHW-6C as well as 6S.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

io_bg

Those new pieces will add so many possibilities in building interchanges! Can't wait for the next RHW release! $%Grinno$%
Now the only other thing we'll need is a smoother 2x2 MIS to diagonal MIS transition ;D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

j-dub

Current RHW 4, my large city really needed this, since building I have seen development resume, nothing was building for a while, until I built this so the highway just directly goes straight to the industrial area and out of the city. So now, I get a bunch of incoming auto traffic and a lot of outgoing semis &sly I think the issue was the trucks were clogging up the existing roads, taking away the residents side streets, and they needed to be moved elsewhere so traffic could flow through the existing development.  I still got a water pollution issue I have to figure out, which is hard in a large city tile, but that issue was not why city growth did not resume, it seems just to be because the lack of a highway since everything in development is fine now.

full image at- http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1iiv86&s=4

RickD

I just built this interchange. The main problem I had to deal with is the limited space because of the steept cliff to the ocean.
The merge lanes are quite short but these are two expressways with at grade crossings. This is the only interchange so even short merge lanes are better then the rest of the intersections on those roads.

Drivers on the elevated ramps enjoy a spectacular view over the ocean.

There will be suburbs around the interchange.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

chasespncr

Heres one i made with one way roads and avenues. RHW seems to be out of my skill level currently...

dare2go

Quote from: figui on August 03, 2010, 02:24:09 PM
you'd certainly never been in Uruguay nor Argentina  :P

mauricio.

Add Panama to that list, and maybe take Uruguay off it (I didn't find Uruguay too bad to drive except for all the Argentinos there in Summer)... In Panama everybody's driving like they're wearing blinkers (don't see anybody else on the road, eg. cut you off all the time, don't respect right-of-way, etc.), and the Argentinos are probably the most egoistic drivers I have come across. But then: I found Argentinos inconsiderate in almost every situation.
SimCity - proof that the earth is flat

j-dub

@RickD: You probably don't want to rebuild that interchange now, if you took a bunch of real time already, but I can think alternatively for that spot, without messing around with the cliff, but use of the diverging diamond technique, and the RHW further from the cliff would have to be moved up a little.

@chasespncr: Nice symetrical aesthetics.

@dare2go, while it should not be the case, I too have a noticed some bad driving traits in the differences of nationalities. I won't say which nations though because its not everybody, just a majority of people from some places. Example: France has a very poor traffic engineering setup with the arc de triumph because the people on the right are supposedly suppose to have right of way, but they don't even have lanes in the circle. At least they have lanes at the Seoul gate roundabout. The US on the otherhand, stops signs or yield signs (some good that does) have had to be put up at some traffic circles, because of how they have the lanes setup. This one intersection earlier this week, the yield signs were gone, and that does not mix on roads with 40 mph speed limits, so I come down today, they were back up. That road with the circle also has this one long single lane bridge, but too much traffic, no signal control, and head on collisions are eminent. Also, I do not see how these traffic circles are safer with being allowed to cross paths against someone next to you going a different direction. I can't wait to see what happens after the economy recovers and certain traffic circles are built out.

RickD

Quote from: j-dub on August 12, 2010, 04:23:46 PM
@RickD: You probably don't want to rebuild that interchange now, if you took a bunch of real time already, but I can think alternatively for that spot, without messing around with the cliff, but use of the diverging diamond technique, and the RHW further from the cliff would have to be moved up a little.

Sure I could have just moved the RHW but that wouldn't have been so much fun. Sometimes I need to create problems to keep the game challenging.  ::)

I don't have pics of the first design. I used a DDI piece to move the traffic from right hand drive to left hand drive and then let two one way roads pass under the RHW, make a sharp turn up to the RHW and connect to it with a simple Type A Ramp.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Jayster

Pretty much identical to mrtnrln's interchange  $%Grinno$%

travismking

simple interchange from me...

btw, anyone know why the RHW/avenue texture went stupid, just like myself on the right side but not on the left?

j-dub

Quotebtw, anyone know why the RHW/avenue texture went stupid, just like myself on the right side but not on the left?

On the left, the RHW does not technically touch the avenue, and you have a signalized intersection that only road/avenue can achieve. On the right, you don't, the RHW just hits the avenue directly with no road in between, no zones on the avenue will leave that side without a sidewalk, also look at the pieces where RHW turns into MIS, one side is further then the other.

travismking

hehe yea i figured that out when i rebuilt it, wanted to work in some entrance/exit lanes as well heres a pic taken right after development started in the area... It doesnt look like it because theres no cars and little development in the area, but over 10,000 vehicles a day use this interchange to get to the CBD which in this pic is on the avenue to the right of this interchange

P.S. we need RHW-Tuleps under overpasses ;)

emgmod

Ignore the fact that there's zero eyecandy. This is an interchange based on one in San Diego, made hours before the release of NAM 29.

Click for full size!

Kitsune

Quote from: j-dub on August 12, 2010, 04:23:46 PM

@chasespncr: Nice symetrical aesthetics.

@dare2go, while it should not be the case, I too have a noticed some bad driving traits in the differences of nationalities. I won't say which nations though because its not everybody, just a majority of people from some places. Example: France has a very poor traffic engineering setup with the arc de triumph because the people on the right are supposedly suppose to have right of way, but they don't even have lanes in the circle. At least they have lanes at the Seoul gate roundabout. The US on the otherhand, stops signs or yield signs (some good that does) have had to be put up at some traffic circles, because of how they have the lanes setup. This one intersection earlier this week, the yield signs were gone, and that does not mix on roads with 40 mph speed limits, so I come down today, they were back up. That road with the circle also has this one long single lane bridge, but too much traffic, no signal control, and head on collisions are eminent. Also, I do not see how these traffic circles are safer with being allowed to cross paths against someone next to you going a different direction. I can't wait to see what happens after the economy recovers and certain traffic circles are built out.

bad driving traits in the differences of nationalities....... you should come to Toronto... all those nationalities combined during rush hour. I've always said Toronto is the only city in the world where you can hear people swearing at others during rush hour in over 100 languages :)
~ NAM Team Member