• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightygoose

its is a plain old turbine but the onramps merge before joining the main carriageway.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

darraghf

Just a few pictures of the many interchanges on the two Main Routes in my city of Mansfield.

All of the interchanges are part of the cross country N1 and N2 routes within Mansfield Metropolitan Boundaries.

Apologies for the lack of actual traffic. My public transport systems seem to be so effective as to leave little or no car use on the motorways. Their main purpose anyways is to connect Mansfield to other cities while the public transport system consisting of Heavy rail, MetroRail and bus services connects the suburbs and boroughs to the main business districts of Mansfield city centre proper, and Turnham which is the main economic centre where most high-rise development takes place.

Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

samerton

@ darraghf: A very nice range of interchanges there  :thumbsup:

Cali

"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Nego

Really nice interchanges, darraghf! I especially like this one: Keep up the great work! &apls

zakuten

A bit offtopic, but that sunken rail by the airport, where might that be found?
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

H2Odk

Quote from: zakuten on February 26, 2011, 07:18:48 PM
A bit offtopic, but that sunken rail by the airport, where might that be found?
It was made by tadasu, link to post where it can be downloaded

zakuten

H2Odk, thank you kindly! Here's one of mine, but it's rather terrible.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This one's inspired by Shanghai, where I studied for a while-- Several of the major roads have elevated highways built onto them, which I tried to replicate the feel of. Putting the avenue in the middle was purely aesthetic, but it wound up with this. It's an ugly interchange for sure, but somehow it feels like the kind of head-scratcher someone might actually build to me.
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

deathtopumpkins

Playing with the new avenue MIS ramps:

NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

MandelSoft

@io_bg: Nice parclo and nice use of FARHW!
@DTP: a simple, yet very usefull setup  :thumbsup:
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Haljackey

You know, there is some very creative and great looking junctions on this page and the last. Great work everyone!

zakuten: I don't think that's terrible, I think it's unique. Nice job!

darraghf: Your images seem squished. It's too bad because I really like your junctions and would like to see them in better detail!

Here's some of my newer creations.

Half-diamond on an expressway built in a very narrow right of way.

Another half-diamond a bit further down the road completes access to all directions of the expressway.

Zooming out, you can see a star junction built at the edge of the city boundary. Stars are quite compact and keep entering and exiting traffic off the intersecting road. Access is provided by roads running parallel to the freeway/expressway.

A parclo interchange located on a freeway in an agricultural zone. To the north the terrain becomes hilly and the RHW transitions into a ground highway. This is done because the shoulder becomes an additional lane for slow trucks and has barriers on either side of the carriageway.

A major intersection with double left turning lanes located near a busy diverging diamond junction.

I thought this is interesting to show: a OWR-3/OWR-4 intersection.

Nego

I'm seeing some great stuff here! Keep up the great work, everyone!

darraghf

Quote from: Haljackey on February 27, 2011, 11:10:24 AM

darraghf: Your images seem squished. It's too bad because I really like your junctions and would like to see them in better detail!

Thanks for your thoughts. The reasons I squishes them is because that is how I see them on my screen. My laptop resolution is 1366x768 but the game has to be 1024x768, so for me the game is always squished like that and I have come accustomed it. I thought I'd show the pictures in the way I see them.

Regarding your pics, top standard as always! I can never fault your planning and construction. You're much more creative than I can be with the RHW.

Haljackey

Quote from: darraghf on February 27, 2011, 11:48:02 AM
Thanks for your thoughts. The reasons I squishes them is because that is how I see them on my screen. My laptop resolution is 1366x768 but the game has to be 1024x768, so for me the game is always squished like that and I have come accustomed it. I thought I'd show the pictures in the way I see them.

Regarding your pics, top standard as always! I can never fault your planning and construction. You're much more creative than I can be with the RHW.

Looks like you haven't set a custom resolution. I play SC4 at 1920x1080 (16:9) and 1920x1200 (16:10) depending on what I'm doing. If you have a shortcut on your desktop linking to your C drive, right click the icon and click properties. Add this to the target: "C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\SimCity 4.exe" -l:english -Intro:off -CustomResolution:enabled -r1366x768x32
-If all goes well, you'll set a custom resolution for SC4 that isn't stretched or squished.

Getting back on topic, thanks for the compliments! Even if you don't have a vision you can modify your existing networks to make them better. It does take a lot of experience and trial and error, however.

darraghf

Quote from: Haljackey on February 27, 2011, 12:22:11 PM
Looks like you haven't set a custom resolution. I play SC4 at 1920x1080 (16:9) and 1920x1200 (16:10) depending on what I'm doing. If you have a shortcut on your desktop linking to your C drive, right click the icon and click properties. Add this to the target: "C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\SimCity 4.exe" -l:english -Intro:off -CustomResolution:enabled -r1366x768x32
-If all goes well, you'll set a custom resolution for SC4 that isn't stretched or squished.

Getting back on topic, thanks for the compliments! Even if you don't have a vision you can modify your existing networks to make them better. It does take a lot of experience and trial and error, however.

I actually run the sc4 on steam, so that target won't work with me :D

samerton

Risu

Quote from: darraghf on February 28, 2011, 10:46:47 AM
Nor will Shift+Tab.

I love this thread. So much creativity.

jdenm8

Quote from: darraghf on February 28, 2011, 10:46:47 AM

Ha ha ha! Yes it will!
Stick the extra settings in the Launch Options field in Properties and it's just like a Retail Version.  ;)

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley