• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

^^ You should definitely get a slope mod. Those slopes are just scary...

Other than that, it looks OK...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Risu

I am wondering how all those stray roads & rail lines are gonna connect. Very intrigueing. ;)

Haljackey

Quote from: mrtnrln on September 24, 2011, 11:08:45 AM
^^ You should definitely get a slope mod. Those slopes are just scary...

I agree. Getting a slope mod will do wonders in improving the look of your roads. So much more realistic-looking.

-----

I finished that parclo I was working on the last page.

Click images for full size

Adding eyecandy:

Zoom in:

View from afar, showing it in comparison to other junctions in a new city I am building.

...And a little bonus, showing a partial-y interchange which connects a RHW to a TLA-7

ivo_su

Quote from: SimRisu on September 24, 2011, 11:39:38 AM
I am wondering how all those stray roads & rail lines are gonna connect. Very intrigueing. ;)

There is not very interesting, it is terribly  difficult for her to connect. I have an idea how to connect the railway through a tunnel, but the intersection of HSR I do not want to think. Believe me all the hard work with  an extensive network of RHW  for their support to other networks is weak. But at least better  than nothing.

banditp61

I figured I would give this a shoot. Here's a few of my interchanges along the main highway through my city Denver

Risu

Wow, which terrain mod are you using?

Anyhow, here's another contribution:-

I'm anticipating heavy traffic.

Just trying something out here, with the ingame hwys....

Swordmaster

Full Y in a modified shape:

What's this in the top, a quarter cloverleaf?

Risu

Woah, look at all that going on! :o Very busy; especially those adjacent bridges.

Swordmaster

Quote from: SimRisu on September 25, 2011, 03:47:30 AM
Woah, look at all that going on! :o Very busy; especially those adjacent bridges.

Yes, it's an urban highway really, leading straight into downtown.

Oh, and about that first avenue intersection of yours, you could always use the avenue exit puzzle pieces of course, converting that OWR into MIS (which has a higher capacity, actually).

Risu

Quote from: Swordmaster on September 25, 2011, 04:05:31 AM
Oh, and about that first avenue intersection of yours, you could always use the avenue exit puzzle pieces of course, converting that OWR into MIS (which has a higher capacity, actually).
I couldn't find those pieces.... Guess I'll look again. Thanks!

Swordmaster

Quote from: SimRisu on September 25, 2011, 04:07:53 AM
Quote from: Swordmaster on September 25, 2011, 04:05:31 AM
I couldn't find those pieces.... Guess I'll look again. Thanks!

They are in the avenue tab-ring (the avenue roundabout icon).

Edit: they're actually in the avenue x RHW rab-ring, with the overpasses in them.

trafficnut

Here's another one. Because of the railway, the water and the position of the highway connecting to the east, I don't have a lot of room. The ramps on the south side will have to merge on the other side of the water, I guess... ???

http://test.servertje.nl/sc4/CompactJunctionLinkCity.png

Please remember to convert your pics to jpg. - Robin

noahclem

Nice work guys!  &apls  It's fun to see the 5.0/30 stuff out there!

A shot of the latest reiteration of one of my region's major interchanges--you may find it familiar ;)

Visit my MD for more ;)

trafficnut

There's something ugly about it... :P

Risu

Quote from: trafficnut on September 27, 2011, 03:43:36 PM
There's something ugly about it... :P
Indeed there is.... It isn't a freaking jpg. >:(

trafficnut

I get a JavaScript error when trying to modify the post, so can't refer to a JPEG image. Sorry.

Risu

Quote from: trafficnut on September 27, 2011, 05:19:28 PM
I get a JavaScript error when trying to modify the post, so can't refer to a JPEG image. Sorry.
Oh, whoops. Ignore me than; I'm not authorised to tell you that anyhow.

Swordmaster

I guess I've been browsing this thread too much as this morning, I automatically started building two parclos (my first):

A2 design edit: B2 design

A4 design a little further south. EDIT: B4 design

Risu

That's really good stuff there! Especially the wide-turn and FAR pieces used in the second one.

Swordmaster

Quote from: SimRisu on September 28, 2011, 05:43:23 AM
That's really good stuff there! Especially the wide-turn and FAR pieces used in the second one.

Thanks, SimRisu. I absolutely love the FAR pieces.

I discovered one thing, though. Since I'm using a left-hand driving version, and I basically replicated from Haljackey's pictures, these are not "A" designs at all, but "B" designs (parclos being non-symmetrical). I did some research and found out about these B2 and B4 interchanges, and their differences with the other versions (link)

I don't recall reading about them here, so maybe the interchange guide should be expanded to include them.

EDIT: Here's the reworked design, a left-hand drive A4 now, with two-lane offramps and the fantastic FAR tulep intersections. I hope it's correct this time.