• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordmaster

Yeah!!! Highway mania!  Spectacular pictures, 00V00! :thumbsup:

MandelSoft

*drools!

Those are the most awesome interchanges I've seen in days! Way to go, 00V00! :thumbsup:
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

00V00

mike3775

I love the last one the best.  Great job

Haljackey

Quote from: mike3775 on November 07, 2011, 07:08:02 AM
I love the last one the best.  Great job

Agreed. Great work on all of them!

mave94

Those interchanges are very good! &apls

oczomajster

Great intersections, 00V00! Really great!

Now there are some intersections from  my the ring road of my new city - Würzstadt. Do not pay attention to the surroundings. Everything is still under construction. ;)

1. Miaschauer Dreieck. Straight - We are going to the city, to the right - the city ring road

2. Großer Stern - the roundabout at the end of highway

3.Heerdamm - the diamond interchange

4. No name yet junction :D

before

Unfortunately I had to rebuild it, because I ran out of space on the rest of the highway.

after

Sorry for any mistakes! I'm writing with translator!

shanghai kid

looks great with the new tunnel entrances :thumbsup:
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).

metarvo

Nice work on the diagonal parclo, 00V00!

Here's what I've been working on for the last four days:

I'm guessing it would be a cloverstack, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.  I've used the DBE and NWM to supplement the RHW and allow some unusual left exits.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: metarvo on November 10, 2011, 06:15:28 PM
I'm guessing it would be a cloverstack, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.  I've used the DBE and NWM to supplement the RHW and allow some unusual left exits.

In order for an interchange to be a cloverstack, it has to have cloverloops.

The only interchange that comes to mind when I look at that is the one that's dubbed the "Spaghetti Junction".
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Haljackey

Quote from: oczomajster on November 07, 2011, 10:24:48 AM

Oh cool! I really like how your RHW goes over the tunnel!

This ramp is too curvy, even before the rebuild. Try using some 45-degree ones instead of the 90s to take out a bunch of the bends.

metarvo! You're a cheater!  $%Grinno$% Using one-ways and diagonal on-slopes and the like. ::) Who do you think you are?  :D

I'd classify that as a full diamond as it looks like this:

metarvo

Lol!  $%Grinno$%  I guess I should have seen the diamond that is clearly formed by the intersecting left exit ramps.  You know, now that you mention it, I once remember someone who used OWRs for ramps when there was no MIS.  I wonder who that would been?  ::)
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: metarvo on November 10, 2011, 06:55:54 PM
You know, now that you mention it, I once remember someone who used OWRs for ramps when there was no MIS.  I wonder who that would been?  ::)

Everyone. Now, go further before the Modular Interchange System, and try doing all of that without the RealHighway System.

Quote from: sanantonio on January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM
Here's a place for us to share our transportation intersections.

These are a few from an upcoming Mayor Diary, and all are still under construction.

This is actually the very first post of this thread.[/sub]
<INACTIVE>
-----

Tarkus

Quote from: Haljackey on November 10, 2011, 06:33:10 PM

This ramp is too curvy, even before the rebuild. Try using some 45-degree ones instead of the 90s to take out a bunch of the bends.

Looking over that, I'm getting the sense that an L1 FLEXFly would really be the "breakthrough" item on T-interchanges.

-Alex

Haljackey

Quote from: Tarkus on November 11, 2011, 11:57:30 AM

Looking over that, I'm getting the sense that an L1 FLEXFly would really be the "breakthrough" item on T-interchanges.

-Alex

Oh definitely, especially when it comes to setups like this. It would become more compact.

Gurning_Chimp

Quote from: Haljackey on November 11, 2011, 12:52:51 PM
Quote from: Tarkus on November 11, 2011, 11:57:30 AM

-Alex

Oh definitely, especially when it comes to setups like this. It would become more compact.

&apls

Well done good sir.

rhwfanatic221

One of my interchanges that I have in a region

art128

Looks great!

One of mine that i pretty like actually.

I'm at the moment making it much smaller.

EDIT, here it is! tell me if you liked most the new, or the old one.

Oops, forget a filler pieces..  &sly
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: art128 on November 12, 2011, 02:04:13 PM
One of mine that i pretty like actually.

You know, on the off-chance that you want the wide-radius version of that trumpet, you could always use C2 ramps (and FARHW) as opposed to B2's.

Even on your compact version, there's still room for C2's to be added where the A2's are right now.

-----

Here's a thought: The acronym "MIS" stands for "Modular Interchange System", which referred to the system of ramps used in the RHW for interchange construction. Nowadays, you almost never see that acronym unless it's referring to that "RHW-2S" thingie. What happened between RHW versions 2 and 5 that literally dissolved the essence of the Modular Interchange System?

1. The renaming of the "MIS-1" network to just "MIS".

2. Reclassifying every ramp interface to integrate the theoretical MIS-2 and MIS-3 networks (assuming that the "MIS-1" implied different MIS network widths), which can be seen as the current RHW-4 and 6S.

3. The fact that there are people who use the RHW-4 the same way a theoretical "MIS-2" network would be used.

And by considering that the RHW-4 and 6S are equivalents of different MIS network widths, looks to me like the entire RHW has become the MIS. (RealHighway Interchange System, RHIS?)
<INACTIVE>
-----

metarvo

I like the new one, Art.  It seems less blocky than the old one, even with an A ramp being used instead of a B ramp.  You could actually use a B ramp still if you moved the ramp a few tiles closer in.

Really, RHW-2S.  ( :D )  I guess that makes the real RHW-2 become the RHW-2C, and the RHW-4 would become the RHW-4S just in case a RHW-4C analogous to the MAVE-4 RD-4 is released.  With that being said, there are no MIS(-1) ramps in either Art's interchange or mine.  For an interchange between two RHWs, and particularly those of any width over 4 lanes, MIS ramps don't do it IMHO.  I feel that they are still representative of the onramps typically used for diamonds and other surface street/RHW interchanges, though.