• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike3775

Quote from: Risu on December 01, 2011, 05:32:30 PM
Quote from: mike3775 on December 01, 2011, 01:12:28 PMMaybe thats why its designed that way, to make that faster than trying to travel through that convoluted interchange where to go from point A to point B, you have to take ramps A,B, and C then circle back to A  lol
Oh I get it. The highway is intended to look discouraging, in an attempt to increase mass transit ridership, thereby producing the city some revenue? That's clever. ;)

Yep and I bet it works that way also

Paul 999

Recently rebuilt node. Previously this was a cloverleaf.

Risu

Intresting.... Altho' the El-Rail clashes with the farming community.

mike3775

Quote from: Risu on December 02, 2011, 01:59:56 PM

That wouldn't look odd if it were built where I live, where the town is surrounded by farms and the state highway basically cuts through nothing but farmland, and there is talk of adding a commuter rail line to connect my town, and the city to the south and city to the west together via rail line, and when built, it would cut right through mostly farmland

TEG24601

Quote from: mike3775 on December 03, 2011, 10:36:39 AM
Quote from: Risu on December 02, 2011, 01:59:56 PM

That wouldn't look odd if it were built where I live, where the town is surrounded by farms and the state highway basically cuts through nothing but farmland, and there is talk of adding a commuter rail line to connect my town, and the city to the south and city to the west together via rail line, and when built, it would cut right through mostly farmland
I like the El-Rail cutting through farmland.  It wouldn't be much different than the MAX line traveling through farmland between Beaverton, OR and Hillsboro, OR.  Then again, I would have built it as Monorail, but then again, I've always lived near Monorails (Oahu and Seattle), so they just seem more natural.

Rionescu

This was definitely one of the most annoying interchanges I've ever built, just because of how many times I had to rebuild parts of it. I am quite happy with how it turned out though.

I've also developed the area around and inside the 3-way pinavia I showed a little while ago. There's a decent amount of repetition there, but I'm sure I'll get bigger buildings once I expand my region.

mike3775

I really like your top most interchange, well done and nice looking. 

Here is an interchange in my regions second Residential city.  The river to the south kinda hindered my original plans for the interchange between the two RHW-10's, and I really didn't want the East-West RHW-10 to go down to a RHW-6 in this area since the N-S RHW-10 heads directly into the heart of the industrial city to the North, but traffic is still heavy heading to the East into the second commercial city(The growth in this Res city is to the south well away from these RHW's right now) so I came up with this due to space constraints and having plans for the area near the river

Unfortunately, after 5 game years, that entire interchange was blood red in both directions(even with a subway route directly underneath the RHW's), so I had to modify it to this

with the other ramp all the way down the highway

So far after 25 game years, it seems to be working, but if it gets congested again I intend to build a bypass RHW-4 nearby to feed into the N-S RHW-10 to try and get some of the traffic to split off that interchange and connect farther down the line, and also add another mass transit option with HSR to go down the middle of the N-S RHW-10

solovinodelmal

Cool interchanges everyone!  :thumbsup:

Here's a couple of mine. I'm a flex-fly enthusiast as you can see, here's a cloverleaf, the first one I've ever made I think. Click on the image for detail:

And a T-bone interchange (I think), Flex-fly madness! (I'm really missing some flex-fly erhw-4 curves though)

Jayster

Wow! solovindelmal those interchanges are really nice! Some what complicated though  :thumbsup:

Jayster

apeguy

Amazing interchanges solovinodelmal, the collector-express system is really well done. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

mike3775

You were not kidding about the FlexFly  lol

Great job, I could only imagine what you will come up with once we get multiple levels of Flex Fly ramps 

Haljackey

Wow, your second image has the highest density of flex-fly I've ever seen, and it doesn't look excessive. Great work!

mike3775

What I really like about picture #2 is how you left enough room for expansion if traffic warrants as well as being able to connect the second highway as well to that avenue if need be.

You did great on not only implementing a good interchange, but also for planning for the future

mike3775

LOL thats awesome Haljackey.  Reminds me of the one in my town which is about as long as half a car lane and no one ever uses it for that reason(they still turn from the right straight lane), and the police gave up ticketing for the left turn because of complaints and nullified every ticket issued since it was put in

mike3775

Quote from: Will12 on December 18, 2011, 11:35:44 PM
@Mike3775
Lol

Thats what happens when a downtown area was built in horse and carriage days, and had buildings built right up onto the street for the most part(minus a 6 ft sidewalk).  They had a chance to fix that issue in the 1920's when the entire downtown was destroyed in a fire, but they rebuilt it exactly as it was pre-fire instead.  They did sometime in the 1950's, eliminate a sidewalk on the West side of the street to widen the road enough to allow on street parking on the East side, but the road is way to narrow and with a railroad crossing just past the traffic light, they decided to put in a left turn lane to try and keep cars from queing when a train comes through(which is around every 20 minutes or so just about), yet its to small.  The town board is going to vote tonight whether to redo the striping to where the lane will be straight or left, and have the right lane(which again due to stupidity is way to small) be a straight.  All I see happening is no one using the right lane period, since it is basically going to be 3 parallel spots long.  I tell you, my town is run by morons

MandelSoft

^^ Fortunately, they are a bit smarter around here: in Rotterdam (heavily bombarded they converted the old city center (which was completely destroyed) into a harbour area and a worthy CBD. In older cities they just closed down or limited access for cars to go through the narrow streets of the old city center.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Haljackey

HOV transfer AKA "Weave Lane"

Zoom out just cuse I want to show off my new HOV highway  :D

This RHW has been constantly modified since version 1.3B!

If you guys want links to the full size images let me know

j-dub

@mike3775: From what you describe sounds like not one, not two, but multiple towns around me by the tracks, with the constant zig zags.

As for the HOV thing, the interstate by me that has something close to that is nothing but a crosshatched yellow shoulder in the center. There are signs that indicate the shoulder as bus only, but no diamonds still. There is one curve sign that says Shoulder: 20mph, but I doubt they redo it as per USDOT standard any time soon. The funny thing is, all the bike lanes use that diamond indicator though. My elementary school, briefly had those diamond indication for the pull-off, then quickly tossed it, and was never seen again.