• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike3775

HAljackey, could you post a night shot with the lights on?  I ask because I am trying to find some highway lights where I do not need a billion of them to light up an interchange

Haljackey

Quote from: apeguy on March 28, 2012, 05:17:46 PM
Awesome interchange Hal, that's quite a unique design. :thumbsup: What would you call it though? A 2-level TOTSO Cloverstack? ()what()

Whatever you'd call it, I think it's one of the best interchanges you've ever made, and the detailing around them is really good, although I would get rid of a couple of those ponds and maybe just have trees instead. ;)

Thanks! I'd call it a double trumpet or something since it's it's only two levels (stack usually implies 3 or more levels).

Thanks for the suggestion. Perhaps I'll nix a couple of the ponds.

Quote from: mike3775 on March 28, 2012, 06:32:07 PM
HAljackey, could you post a night shot with the lights on?  I ask because I am trying to find some highway lights where I do not need a billion of them to light up an interchange

Let there be light. Hope this helps:

mike3775

that looks great Haljackey, awesome

Thanks

Haljackey

Quote from: mike3775 on March 28, 2012, 07:36:28 PM
that looks great Haljackey, awesome

Thanks

No problem!

Decided to make a video of the interchange. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/v/svzScwnDchU

http://youtu.be/svzScwnDchU

As the title states, this is my 7th interchange video. To view my other creations, check out this playlist here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL93B407A465E43BCF&feature=plcp

woodb3kmaster

My first experiment with a full-scale RHW interchange:

I suppose you could call this design a clover-mill...?

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Korot

Nice interchange. It's still a clover-turbine by the way, even though two 'right-turn' ramps are inside the turbine arms.
I would suggest putting the diagonal part of the turbine ramps on an embankment of sorts. This will provide these sections some support, since now they look to be floating in mid air.  :thumbsup:

Regards,
Korot

mike3775

Nice interchange woodb3kmaster

I agree about the supports on the angled portion as well.  Another suggestion would be to level off the land on the 2 ramps that have no connections, since they could maintain highway speeds, they wouldn't want a dip in the road which could lead to accidents

GDO29Anagram

One other thing I'm seeing here is the MIS diagonals; There's an area where weaving can occur, and we don't want weaving, now do we?

Other than that, it feels like you're restraining traffic flow, and if you look REALLY closely, you'll see a giant but really thin roundabout.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Wiimeiser

Have the Northwest arm go over the diagonal at both ends and join the highway a bit further down.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

woodb3kmaster

Thanks for all your comments! I've gone ahead and revised the interchange to be more of an actual clover-mill, in addition to smoothing out the slopes on those non-connecting ramps (as mike3775 suggested):

Nuclear City - 5/8

Wiimeiser

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
How's this for a cloverstack?

mike3775

Quote from: pierrebaptiste on April 09, 2012, 01:39:38 PM

Maybe I am looking at it wrong, but it seems you have the directions mixed up on the off ramps on the lower portion of E/W RHW-2

blade2k5

I need a little assistance with a couple of things.  First, I have a RHW 6-lane freeway connector that connects a couple of RHW 4-lane freeways.  What I want assistance with is what would be the best way to as compact as possible as this is going to be a med-high denisity R/C tile.

As you can see in the image below, how would you connect the RHW 6-lane freeway with the T-section interchange in the upper left-hand area of the image?  Oh, and I almost forgot, are there 6-lane RHW bridges available and if so, where in the heck do I find them?

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Wiimeiser

It depends on if the RHW-6 is continuing or not. If it's terminating it'd probably be easier to build a four-way interchange of sorts.
And as for the RHW-6 Bridges, they exist but aren't publicly available.

And people aren't paying attention to my cloverstack, it seems.

blade2k5

Quote from: Wiimeiser on April 09, 2012, 04:54:08 PM
It depends on if the RHW-6 is continuing or not. If it's terminating it'd probably be easier to build a four-way interchange of sorts.
And as for the RHW-6 Bridges, they exist but aren't publicly available.

It'll be a T-section interchange at that location, unless of course, ;) a better option comes along for the other idea I mentioned about connecting the 6-lane to the existing t-section and making it a 3-way interchange.  And that bites about the bridges. :(

Quote from: Wiimeiser on April 09, 2012, 04:54:08 PMAnd people aren't paying attention to my cloverstack, it seems.

I can tell you I liked what I saw on the past two pages. :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

mike3775

Quote from: Wiimeiser on April 09, 2012, 04:54:08 PM
And people aren't paying attention to my cloverstack, it seems.

I would get lost on it  :)

Haljackey

I'm sorry Blade, but are you trying to build a 3 or 4 way junction?

-If it's a 3-way, a trumpet would be best based on what I see.
-If it's a 4-way, there simply isn't enough room between that and the other 3-way interchange to make one that will look good yet be compact.

Another alternative would be to demolish the existing junction you built and construct a new 4-way interchange with re-aligned RHWs. A hybrid design could work well here, as it would be compact yet look good.

Here's a rough concept that I brainstormed in paint:

Anyways hope these suggestions help.
-Ryan (Haljackey)

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: blade2k5 on April 09, 2012, 04:24:15 PM...how would you connect the RHW 6-lane freeway with the T-section interchange in the upper left-hand area of the image?
I'd build a modified trumpet, like so:

The MIS coming in from the left side of the picture would branch off of your existing north-to-east ramp.

It looks like you need to rebuild the northbound side of your RHW-6S, though; it's facing the wrong way. Same with the ramps crossing over the RHW-4.

Quote from: Wiimeiser on April 09, 2012, 04:54:08 PMAnd people aren't paying attention to my cloverstack, it seems.
Nor my improvements to my clovermill. Your interchange looks pretty good, although I'm skeptical of combining opposite-moving ramps on the same carriageway, as you've done with your loop ramps.

Nuclear City - 5/8

Haljackey

Good design for the trumpet woodb3kmaster. I was thinking of a similar design, but with the loop mirrored so there's more room between the two interchanges to minimize or eliminate weaving between the two. (Loop would go from westbound-southbound to northbound-westbound)

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on April 09, 2012, 07:29:29 PM
Nor my improvements to my clovermill. Your interchange looks pretty good, although I'm skeptical of combining opposite-moving ramps on the same carriageway, as you've done with your loop ramps.

Just because there aren't comments directed toward your junction does not mean no one is paying attention to them, trust me :). Your junction reminds me of an early attempt I made of a simple two-level cloverstack for the RHW interchange guide. Tutorial here if you're interested: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6843.msg361567#msg361567