• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiimeiser

Realistically, there'd probably be a barrier in the middle.
It could be improved if there were RHW-3 D1 Ramps and Wyes, though I'm not too sure how likely those are...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

SimSome

Was looking for some feedback on an intersection I am attempting.

I was attempting an interchange for a Collector Distributor system. I have RHW-8s as Collectors and RHW-6 as distributors. I split up the RHW-6 into 2 RHW-4s and used them as any other sane person would have used MIS.

Its a massive pic so ive provided the link instead.

http://imgur.com/Vpn6N

Any and all feedback greatly appreciated.

atilla5

Certainly nothing special, but here it is.   ;D

blade2k5

Quote from: Haljackey on April 09, 2012, 07:11:20 PM
I'm sorry Blade, but are you trying to build a 3 or 4 way junction?

-If it's a 3-way, a trumpet would be best based on what I see.
-If it's a 4-way, there simply isn't enough room between that and the other 3-way interchange to make one that will look good yet be compact.

Another alternative would be to demolish the existing junction you built and construct a new 4-way interchange with re-aligned RHWs. A hybrid design could work well here, as it would be compact yet look good.

Here's a rough concept that I brainstormed in paint:

Anyways hope these suggestions help.
-Ryan (Haljackey)

It's supposed to be a 3-way junction.  I intended to demolish the current t-section [it was a practice interchange] to connect the third highway to it.  I ended up playing again after I posted last night and spent 7 hours working on that tile.  I'll have to throw up a road map of the region so far so you can see what I'm doing.

Oh, I figured out a way to get past the 6-lane bridge [that we don't have, but don't know why ()what()] and used that puzzle piece that splits one of the lanes as an off-ramp and connected those to one-way roads that were easy to build bridges over the river and reconnect on the other side.  Doesn't look all that great, but it's better than having to narrow the freeway down from 6-4 lanes and re-widening it on the other side. 

I tell ya, I sure hate those yellow/white lines on the highways/on-off ramps.   Here, it's all one color, white.

EDIT

Here's what I ended up doing temporarily...

As you can see, the 6-lane RHW t-sectioned into what will eventually become the main artery in the region.  The 6-lane RHW had it's beginning in the next tile to the east as an avenue that was clogged with traffic near the border.  So it was basically built to handle all the freight traffic coming out from that part of the industrial zones.   

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Haljackey

SimSome: That's a pretty crazy junction. I would suggest moving your underpassing RHW's merging/expansion points a little further from the centre of the junction. That will allow your flyover ramps to come much closer to the middle, reducing the size of the interchange. I would also suggest using slopes to improve the look of it.

blade2k5: Interesting. Mind showing us a few pics with a closer zoom? Can't see it too well from region view.

noahclem

Construction on this one started last fall and I've finally finished it's surroundings to my satisfaction! This mini-mosaic spans two tiles:

It's featured centrally on this map:

More in Siilijoki, updated yesterday!

Haljackey

Wow, very original noahclem! What made you come up with a design like that?

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Haljackey on April 15, 2012, 01:31:27 PM
What made you come up with a design like that?

Agreed; It's rather curious... &apls
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

noahclem

Thanks guys! The main reason for that interchange's layout is because the motorway had to run where it is because of the city-tile border but the densest development that most needed motorway access was up along the shoreline. I also wanted local access to the north so I decided to combine a semi-directional "T" interchange with a regular diamond in a way that wouldn't result in weaving problems. This is what I ended up with  ;)

Note, you can see the tile border in the middle of the picture--there's a treeless spot between the RHW-6Ss where neighbor connector pieces run between them and under the river.

mike3775

Flatron

Just a little interchange of mine
It had to be a RA because of Space limitations

vinlabsc3k

Awesome intersections to all!! &apls

This is mine, sorry for the summer/winter difference

My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

noahclem

Dude, that looks awesome  &apls &apls  You should really consider starting an MD!

vinlabsc3k

Thanks Noah!! ;)
I have a book of stories to tell about my cities (mrbisonm style on ST), :-[ but I should translate them into English and I would end my patience :angrymore: and a photo gallery does not satisfy me. :(
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

mike3775

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on April 20, 2012, 01:28:47 PM
Awesome intersection to all!! &apls

This is mine, sorry for the summer/winter difference

Nice job on compacting the interchanges on the left and right, but I would suggest getting rid of the sharp curve you have on the one on the left.

epicblunder

Howdy folks.

I just wanted to show how the avenue crossover piece by Bripizza can be used (albeit kinda cheatingly) to make a compact T-interchange;

Its too bad we don't have a proper NAM piece that does this: the requirement for road and one way roads for one tile on each end of the crossover limit road capacity of course. (and no that's not a request for a new NAM-piece: i know those guys are slammed-full busy).  Just thought I'd share.   ;D

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: epicblunder on April 20, 2012, 09:49:03 PM
I just wanted to show how the avenue crossover piece by Bripizza can be used (albeit kinda cheatingly) to make a compact T-interchange;

. . .

Its too bad we don't have a proper NAM piece that does this: the requirement for road and one way roads for one tile on each end of the crossover limit road capacity of course. (and no that's not a request for a new NAM-piece: i know those guys are slammed-full busy).

I'll admit that that your use of tunnels is acceptable (though what happened to the tunnel caps is rather questionable), but I'll have to agree that the AVE crossover piece is a bit like cheating, simply because it's a lot-based item, and it's exactly what the NAM isn't. Admittedly, it's more of an anti-cheat due to the capacity bottleneck. :P
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

epicblunder

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on April 20, 2012, 10:32:53 PM
I'll admit that that your use of tunnels is acceptable (though what happened to the tunnel caps is rather questionable)

that's just a visual bug that I get on those tunnel lots only at that specific zoom level.  I don't worry about it because on the closer zooms and the further out zooms it appears normal (the zooms i take screens of for my CJ).   ;) 

oczomajster

Great intersections you made, guys!  :thumbsup:

Next two intersections by me! :)

The Cloverleaf Intersection

The Trumpet Intersection

Enjoy! :)

Sorry for any mistakes! I'm writing with translator!

mike3775

I love the compact cloverleaf you made oczomajster, great job