• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinlabsc3k

Yeah, I think it's better a T21 version for ortho and diag RHW and a LOT based version for other roads, smooth curves, FAR and Ramps. ;)
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Haljackey

Well I finally finished it:

High-Res Pan Of The Highway System (Click for full size!)

The retextured 'jughandle' MIS curves from NAM 31 complete the project. Traffic is starting to use it too. (The unused stretch is used during the evening commute)

EDIT: Central look at the 3-way junction:

Bipin

Nice work there Haljackey, reminds me of the 401 basketweave.

metarvo

Nice work on the DxO interchange, Bipin.  You've shown real dedication by making custom props for that setup.  :thumbsup:

Yours is very good as well, Haljackey!  :thumbsup:  The GTR style adapts to a new NAM once again.

What is L0? Baby, don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more... (begins to bob)

And now for the musical, "What I Did for Ramps."
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

eggman121

Just Playing around with the new RHW

In know there are bugs in this photo before anyone asks but these are the sort of interchanges you can build with NAM 31.

TheAttendee

Here's my first big NAM 31 project nearing completion.

Warning! It is a HUGE picture!

metarvo

Wow, you've put just about everything except the kitchen sink into that one.  Impressive!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

GMT

here's my days hard work, a 3 level something interchange also providing u-turns  &apls
didn't come up with a name yet...

still need som cosmeticization (nice word) but the main work is done already, you wouldn't believe how many hours I spent on this one, first encounter with NAM31...

... really, it is. I swear.

Bipin

Nice interchange GMT, I especially like the addition of U-turn ramps, that's often pretty under-looked, albeit important. As for my own intersections:

It's a continuous flow superstreet with a Michigan Left setup in case you're wondering.

Enjoy!

eggman121

Nice work Bipin  :thumbsup:

Still playing around with NAM 31

Its a bit big I know before anyone asks. Anyway I hope to see some more great interchanges soon.

spot

My first 3 level interchange : )

eggman121

vinlabsc3k

Good intersections to all. :thumbsup:

@spot: Invert the ramps on the collector to avoid weaving. :)
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Gugu3

Well done Spot!very nice intersection...i like the way you use smooth curves/FAR pieces &apls we're still missing flex 45 mis curves...that would make our intersections even more smooth :thumbsup:
cheers
Gugu3

Shark7

Quote from: Bipin on March 14, 2013, 03:13:18 PM
Nice interchange GMT, I especially like the addition of U-turn ramps, that's often pretty under-looked, albeit important. As for my own intersections:

It's a continuous flow superstreet with a Michigan Left setup in case you're wondering.

Enjoy!

U-Turn Ramps are especially common where I live.  Great for those times when you are on THIS side of the highway and where you need to be is on THAT side of the highway.   Ours generally are found at crossroads, going from one one-way frontage road to the one-way frontage road on the other side, usually going under the main highway.  Basically it allows you to change travel directions without having to actually go through a red-lighted intersection.

I also have to ask, as I've not had a lot of time to try out the new NAM yet (just got SC4 working again a couple of days ago after many tries).  Are the guardrails part of the NAM now or is that a completely different mod?

Interesting little cross-over intersection you've built there.   :)

TEG24601

I love Michigan Lefts.  I wish they were used elsewhere.  However, I usually do the same thing on avenues, simply buy not allowing road to cross, then having one way streets at different locations to connect the traffic directions.

TEG

Indiana Joe

Quote from: Shark7 on March 29, 2013, 09:41:12 AM
U-Turn Ramps are especially common where I live.  Great for those times when you are on THIS side of the highway and where you need to be is on THAT side of the highway.   Ours generally are found at crossroads, going from one one-way frontage road to the one-way frontage road on the other side, usually going under the main highway.  Basically it allows you to change travel directions without having to actually go through a red-lighted intersection.

I also have to ask, as I've not had a lot of time to try out the new NAM yet (just got SC4 working again a couple of days ago after many tries).  Are the guardrails part of the NAM now or is that a completely different mod?

Interesting little cross-over intersection you've built there.   :)

He's said that the guardrails are his own personal creations.  And you might not want to upgrade your NAM yet; this current version is rather buggy.  The bugfix update will be out very soon.

Bipin

Thanks for the kind words everyone, those indeed are my own BATs, and I plan to release them, along with a slew of other generic, albeit "revitalized" pieces:

Can you spot all the new props?

I hope to finally solve the decade-old issue of driveways (or rather, a lack thereof).

jzmajor

I really enjoy the tactile paving, Bipin! It reminds me of the yellow ones we have in New Zealand.