• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compdude787

Yes, this is a great interchange, Noah, and really huge! @odrzutowiec: It doesn't look like it's from NORO because it doesn't have the American road textures that are used in NORO.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Haljackey

Quote from: noahclem on May 21, 2014, 05:39:40 PM
Holy crap! I was trying to force myself out of a streak of not posting by showing an interchange I've been wanting to share for a bit: a real stack interchange with all smooth curves and slopes, no compromises and extra local connectivity made where possible. And diagonal because it turned out to be easier that way among other reasons.

Massive respect to McDuell,  Maarten, eggman, compdude787, and odrzutowiec. Durfsurn, don't be modest either :P

Blew me away!

I'd give you a +1 if I could... Oh wait, I can! ;)

sunv123

Amazing work Noah!!!!!

Here's a reconstruction of an earlier interchange from my MD a while back.

From another angle

Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Gugu3

Very nice everyone!Maarten and Noah:nice to see something's happening in NORO :P

McDuell

Thank you all!  :)

Quote from: eggman121 on May 21, 2014, 03:42:28 PM
McDuell Very nice  &apls.  I have a feeling that the DBE would have played a role in making the diagonal on-slope transitions in conjunction to the Filler pieces for the RHW. Is this true? gives me some ideas for experimentation of my own interchanges  &idea.

I will have to give that a try!

-eggman121

Yes, this is exactly how I built the interchange. It was quite a pain to build, as I had to fight a lot of 'no suitable grade for construction' and filler pieces that won't turn the right way when placing them, until I realized that the way to build the interchange was to first connect the RHW with the filler pieces and then build the underpassing OWR, not the other way round, as the intersection overrides stymied the placement of the fillers.

I'll still have to experiment a bit more in the next few days, if and how some of my other ideas are possible. After that, I might even put together a small tutorial for building this type of on-slope transitions.  ;)

Amazing interchanges btw, Noah and sunv! I love complex setups!  :thumbsup:

M.
----------------
It's redundant, it's redundant. (R.E. Dundant)
----------------

eggman121

Well thank you McDuell for the tip  :thumbsup:. I had stacks of fun with the DOST that you demonstrated. No pun intended thought :D

-eggman121

McDuell

Very nice stack, eggman121!  &apls

(Message to self: cancel the stack interchange as demonstration of DOST.)

M.
----------------
----------------

Durfsurn

Maybe a tutorial is in order?

Excellent work guys! I assume fillers and DBE involved in some way? Do paths work as well?

Varnado

Quote from: sunv123 on May 22, 2014, 06:58:41 PM
Amazing work Noah!!!!!

Here's a reconstruction of an earlier interchange from my MD a while back.

From another angle
Wow! Very snazzy work there, that's one of the better urban RHW interchanges I've ever seen.

Quote from: eggman121 on May 23, 2014, 06:12:23 AM
Well thank you McDuell for the tip  :thumbsup:. I had stacks of fun with the DOST that you demonstrated. No pun intended thought :D

-eggman121
How do you build the diagonal RHW-4 height transitions?
Check out my YouTube channel for dozens of hours of high quality SimCity 4 content and new videos uploaded regularly.

McDuell

Varnado, the diagonal height transitions are an advanced technique which involves the DBE and some special placement of RHW filler pieces. At the moment I'm still experimenting (and playing) around with the possibilities.

In the picture below I made heavy use of diagonal transitions. It can even be used as 'OBE'. As there exists no direct transition from L0 to L3 and there isn't enough space to transition twice, I had to use the DBE for my orthogonal L0 to L3 transition.

Ans yes, it's a stack again! (New message to self: Do NOT post messages to self in public again!)  :D

Close up:

M.
----------------
----------------

dyoungyn

McDuell,

WOW!!! Now that is impressive.  I never imagined one could do this with RHW in diagonal over diagonal.  Great work and keep them coming.  Diagonals are always my menace as I just don't have the patience  or imagination to do this.   

dyoungyn

Quote from: McDuell on May 23, 2014, 04:56:58 PM
Varnado, the diagonal height transitions are an advanced technique which involves the DBE and some special placement of RHW filler pieces. At the moment I'm still experimenting (and playing) around with the possibilities.

In the picture below I made heavy use of diagonal transitions. It can even be used as 'OBE'. As there exists no direct transition from L0 to L3 and there isn't enough space to transition twice, I had to use the DBE for my orthogonal L0 to L3 transition.

Ans yes, it's a stack again! (New message to self: Do NOT post messages to self in public again!)  :D

Close up:

M.

metarvo

Wow, I'm getting dizzy.  ;D  It's hard to tell it's diagonal until I look closely, which is the mark of an interchange well done.  I've never had any luck getting the DBE to work with orthogonals as you have here, so I must commend you on a good job.  Nice work, McDuell!  :thumbsup:

Yours is also quite nice, Eggman.  :thumbsup:  The inclusion of all four levels creates a busy feel, even before the traffic has begun rolling in.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Gugu3

Excellent!looking forward to seeing more and getting a tutorial

McDuell

I've put up a tutorial on how to build RHW-based diagonal on-slope transitions.  :)

You can find it here: (Tutorial)

M.
----------------
----------------

Geometry123

It's been a while since I've been here, and has played SC4, but wow, my eyes have fallen off due to the large number of possibilities of the new NAM!

And DOST? I guess that acronym is relevant to the DOST here in the Philippines, because you've made new technology for the RHW...
You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

compdude787

This diagonal onslope transition trick is so awesome! There's been several times where I've come up with an idea for an interchange but then I realize "aw crap, I can't do that; there's no diagonal height transitions." Finally we have overcome this issue!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Durfsurn

Using the new dOST technique, I made this - a DxDxO crossing. I don't know if I like the slip lanes but they add capacity I guess :D

noahclem

These recent stack pictures are just amazing  :o  I had no idea the NAM was at the point where such nice stacks were possible. Looking forward to making one myself soon ;)

Cool intersection Durfsurn  &apls  I'm not sure about the slip lanes either. They're nice from a practical standpoint for someone using the interchange but just don't look terrific. I made my first intersection with the highway fully diagonal recently and had a lot of trouble getting the draggable avenue viaducts over the highway. Limitations with that forced me to change the design from DxD to DxO. It's in a near suburb of Siilijoki.

EDIT-- I meant to include this interchange from my last MD update:

epicblunder

Quote from: noahclem on May 31, 2014, 06:16:03 AM
EDIT-- I meant to include this interchange from my last MD update:
pic

I'm jealous.  I haven't quite been able to get a stack one tile off a diagonal L0- to work that well and look that good.  You, sir, have strong Kung Fu.  :thumbsup:

metarvo

These interchanges are both a demonstration of what this great game has become and a show of your skills, Noah.  Did you use diagonal OWR-1 to OWR-2 transitions in the first one, since such transitions don't exist for MIS to OWR-2?  This is pretty creative stuff.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.