• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

I have made an interchange in SimCity 4 inspired by the 400 / 401 junction in Toronto.

Click here for a full size image: https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/779/23269149944_398dc3de30_o.jpg

Smaller image below:

Gugu3

Nice one Hal! &apls
The new NAM is sooooo amazing :P

Ralfger

Simply amazing!

Never ever use SetSeaLevel with RHW or other development - I had to learn it the hard way  &ops

I have no idea why the tunnel entrances didn`t show up anymore. So after redesigning:

compdude787

Yeah, the SetSeaLevel cheat doesn't really work that well. (It apparently destroys all your bridges, too, but I was surprised that it entirely screwed up your interchange) A better way to change the sea level is to open the terrain mod file in iLive's Reader and change the sea level property from 250 (the default) to a number low enough to drain all the water from the area you're working on. The process is described in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/v/qNM5cDXCeYc
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

stevyloh

Quote from: Ralfger on December 22, 2015, 03:44:56 PM
Simply amazing!

Never ever use SetSeaLevel with RHW or other development - I had to learn it the hard way  &ops

I have no idea why the tunnel entrances didn`t show up anymore. So after redesigning:

I'd try to fix that big lvl2 U-turn on the top. Looks a bit silly I'm sure you can make it shorter.
Anyway good work.

CasperVg

A basic (and not at all compact) parclo on/off ramp:

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

compdude787

Nice folded diamond, Casper!

I made this epic five-way interchange and I entered it in the Simtropolis NAM challenge.  I-20 runs from left to right; I-120 goes diagonally to the bottom-right of the image, I-220 heads south (towards the bottom of the picture) from the interchange, and SR-220 heads north from the interchange (it turns into a divided highway with at-grade intersections). Here it is:

Here's the full-size mosaic: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1715/23938888150_93db78feb6_o.jpg (WARNING: Huge Image, 42MB)

My YouTube Channel

kbieniu7

Well... it's complicated :D I always wonder, how do you manage not to get lost while creating such massive interchanges. When I make an interchange, I always stay with small and compact ones, like the CasperVg's one  :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Nanami

@compdude787: geez, that is a really big one interchange there... looking nice anyway! :)

Seaman

hi folks. In my winter holidays I relaxed with pen and paper and was thinking of intersections. When I returned, I brought this to the drawing board and into SC4. Maybe you can use it as an inspiration (as I did with your intersections in this thread).

Although I am completely absorbed by this thread (and the SC4D forum in general) for several years now, this is my first post. I apologize also for not switching the grid off.

vortext

Been a few years since I last played around with RHW and I have to say, between the DRI's, improved FLEX stability and last but not least the disconnecter piece, building interchanges has become quite easy really - even I can do it!  :D

That said, it still took me longer than I care to admit which was in large part because apparently I kept making a t-bone interchange rather than a trumpet until a visit to this thread informed me of my ignorance.  ::)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

compdude787

Seaman, that's an interesting way to do a parclo interchange!

And vortext, nice trumpet. :) It's good to see you using the RHW some more, and I can certainly agree that it's gotten easier and less frustrating to use after NAM 33. I think the Disconnector piece is a total godsend. It is very effective in preventing rage quits for me too! I often had to do those (or take a break to eat lunch or ice cream) after an hour of interchange construction using NAM 32.

My YouTube Channel

Seaman

yeah, I would say its a parclo-rotary(roundabout) bastard. On the one hand its biger than an ordinary six ramp parclo, on the other hand, there's just one traffic light per direction and you need that only if you want to drive straight on. Also the merging lanes on the bridge are not really crossing but rather real merging lanes.

The new DRIs are wonderful and very handy, but you need to get used to them and know what's possible. When I started with the NAM/RHW some years ago it was kind of self explaining. with the new patterns I definetly need to learn them via tutorials.

@Vortext: I like the curved height transition. Its the quick interchange piece with the rest deleted? I didn't know thats possible.

Shark7

Quote from: vortext on January 10, 2016, 03:12:26 PM
Been a few years since I last played around with RHW and I have to say, between the DRI's, improved FLEX stability and last but not least the disconnecter piece, building interchanges has become quite easy really - even I can do it!  :D

That said, it still took me longer than I care to admit which was in large part because apparently I kept making a t-bone interchange rather than a trumpet until a visit to this thread informed me of my ignorance.  ::)

NAM 33 has certainly made building the intersections easier, but I have to have a cheat sheet available to remember how to draw them out in the first place.  So its a trade off, a little more Pen and Paper needed at first for quicker and less troublesome connections in the end.

Nice looking RH4 to RH4 intersection there, btw.  :)

vortext

Thanks for the kind words everyone.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Seaman on January 11, 2016, 09:41:12 AM
@Vortext: I like the curved height transition. Its the quick interchange piece with the rest deleted? I didn't know thats possible.

no, it's a single curve which you can find in the flex height menu.

Meanwhile I start to enjoy laying down regional RHW, though come to think of it I also really enjoy laying down the streets all throughout Ærden. It's not all that different, just a tad more complicated.  :D

no puzzle pieces here.  ()stsfd()
time flies like a bird

compdude787

How do you turn left on/off the freeway? Are there roundabouts outside this picture that are not shown?

My YouTube Channel

vortext

hehe, yeah I realized the same a little too late and had hoped to replace the pic before anyone noticed.  ;D 

Just spend the evening rebuilding it as parclo, thanks Casper for providing an example.  :thumbsup:

Once again no puzzle pieces. Also not sure if it's the correct term but special shout out to the 'flex' starter pieces. Pleasant surprise to see the mis starters in front of the flex height transitions become part of the draggable WRCs.
time flies like a bird

Gugu3

Swordmaster

Nice work Erik! I'll have to familiarize myself with the current state of the RHW as well.

Cheers
Willy