• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Whats the price of petrol (gasoline) per litre where you live?

Started by jonoboo, May 25, 2008, 03:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonoboo

Quote from: Palpatine001 on May 25, 2008, 07:36:23 PM
Here in NZ 91 unleaded has hit $2/l for the first time with diesel not at $1.739/litre

The exchange rate as I wrote this is NZ$1= US$0.779

And we are looking at going more self sufficient energy wise

I wouldn't mind moving to New Zealand, the UK has nothing to offer now, taxed to much, NHS fails, Police fails, Schools fail. Its all the bureaucracy they have to put up with.

The only thing that worries me is the fact that they have started censoring and banning certain video games and stuff.
Meh!

krbe

DKK 11,43 here, or USD 2,415 / EUR 1,532 for 95 unleaded.

When t comes to European prices v. American, it's right that most of them are taxes (70 % or something I believe). But this also lead people to buy more fuel efficient cars, in addition to being less affected by rise in oil costs (since most taxes are fixed, and not percentage based). But I'd really like to see the oil cost go down, so that they can remove that kerosene charge on air tickets could be removed!

wes.janson

Quote from: jonoboo on May 25, 2008, 04:52:09 PM
Lucky you  ;D

Seeing as how Canada has more than enough oil in northern Alberta to supply the US for 300 years and even more than that believed to be in northern Saskatchewan, I really don't see why we are needing to pay so much. THANKS OPEC!

Also.. a good chunk of that buck thirty is federal tax.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

iamgoingtoeatyou

It just had to hit 4 dollars a gallon when I got my Driver's Permit :P I think someone's trying to tell me something.

Andreas

I heard another unsettling thing in the news today - during the summer, the price of natural gas might go up by 20 or 25 percent, since it's connected to the oil price (but other than oil, there still seems to be a lot of natural gas left). This could be another hit for many, since it's rather common (at least in Europe) to have central heating that is powered by natural gas. The reason is that back in the 70's and 80's, when big gas resources were found in Russia and elsewhere, the energy companies made big investments to build pipelines and such, and to ensure that they would get back their money eventually, contracts with made that connect the natural gas price for up to fifty (!!!) years with the oil price. So now that the oil price went up dramatically, the natural gas prices will go up as well, and that means an additional 200 to 300 EUR that every household would have to pay per year...  &mmm
Andreas

Pat

same here in the states when oil is up so is natural gas... One thing folks are doing at least here in the northwoods of Wisconsin is to invest in outdoor wood burners to cut down on the heating crunch as its cheeper to do...  Currently gas price here in Rhinelander has droped down to 4.09 9/10

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

vab423

$4.15/gal in San Jose, California, for regular unleaded at an off-brand gas station.  Name-brand regular unleaded is about $4.29/gal.  Diesel is more than $5/gal at all gas stations.

But the oil companies aren't making a profit from sales, according to the execs' testimonies last week on Capitol Hill ... they're just "investing wisely."  Yeah, whatever. 

Sucks because my commute's gone from 2 miles per day to 60 miles per day.   :angrymore:

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

Pat

Quote from: vab423 on May 28, 2008, 08:20:43 PM
But the oil companies aren't making a profit from sales, according to the execs' testimonies last week on Capitol Hill ... they're just "investing wisely."  Yeah, whatever.

Whats worse it seems that congress investagtions bite into that and belive that BS....  Vicki Im soo sorry for you that you got to put 120 miles on your car a day now, you must be filling up every other day?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Shadow Assassin

Last year, $50 of petrol would give me at least two weeks of good, everyday driving.

Now, to get that, I have to put in $50 every other day, because it hardly puts in a quarter or so of a tank of petrol now.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

mthdscrd

i dont know what u all are tlking about-gas is free.  well, it is if u have a length of hose and a gas can... &idea

jjune4991

where i live, here in florida, it is between $3.95/gallon and up to $4.05/gallon. i can't do the exchange, but with my 30 gallon bronco, i'm sure it is worse than yours. for any of you europeans, or australians, or asian, or others that i have not seen, what is the largest tank that you know of? cause i've heard people say, "oh, it's almost $9/gallon in England, so we should be happy." but i also heard that some of the cars dont hold many gallons of gas. so what is it?
Wha??? Where am I? Oh, that's right! I'm here!

vistla

It's $3.73/Gallon right now, here in Wichita, Kansas. I have a F150 pick-up with a 30 gallon capacity. It cost me $107.00 to fill up a few days ago. It's really starting to cut into my beer budget!

rodrigogua

cogeo

Around €1.20 per litre. That's more than US$7.00 per gallon.
It's gonna rise more, as the tax we pay is lower than the rest of Eurozone, but EU dictates that the tax is "harmonised" throughout Eurozone. I think it's the last year we pay lower tax.

Andreas

Quote from: jjune4991 on May 29, 2008, 08:02:52 AM
i also heard that some of the cars dont hold many gallons of gas. so what is it?

It doesn't matter how many gas can go into a car's tank during one fill-up, but it matters how much gas a car needs for a certain distance. For a 30 gallon fill-up, I'd have to pay 175 €/$275 in Germany. Luckily, my car only needs about 5 liters per 100 km, so I could go at least 2000 km/1250 mi with said 30 gallons...
Andreas

Q-Tips

I just came home after filling the car up. And the price have just recently gone up from 2,8$ litre to 3,0$ litre (regular). That should be about 11,4$ for a gallon.

The government have just stated that they will raise the taxes on fuel, so we are waiting for even higher prices.

bwatterud

Last time I saw, it was $4.09 a gallon for regular, and going up by about 3 cents every couple of days.  And that was about a week ago.  And I get my license in about a month.  :thumbsdown: Hopefully I'll be able to mooch some gas money off of my parents. 

blade2k5

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

daeley

Quote from: bwatterud on June 01, 2008, 10:19:04 PM
Last time I saw, it was $4.09 a gallon for regular, and going up by about 3 cents every couple of days.  And that was about a week ago.  And I get my license in about a month.  :thumbsdown: Hopefully I'll be able to mooch some gas money off of my parents. 

when I got my licence (which is only a couple of year ago) I could fill up for 30 euros. Now I fill up for 55. Talking about inflation...  %wrd I'm going to start refining my own bio-fuel if this continues :P
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!