• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Pense; Quite Some Time Has Passed

Started by WannGLondon, January 16, 2012, 08:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catty

Quote from: WannGLondon on April 27, 2012, 01:14:46 PM
...This roundabout somewhat provides an entrance to the southern-central area of Cross Haven and Lemgate. It is quite fun to watch cars and double-decker busses (yes Cathy, I took your advice and got some double-decker busses  ;)) make their way around this busy roundabout...

:thumbsup:

Can you be tempted by new bus stops as well as the STEX has the DEX British Bus Stop Pack

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/25948-dex-british-bus-stop-pack/ 

as always love the pictures and of course the region shot   :)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

nbvc

Great city and region overview. &apls

noahclem

Nice start on the new Pense  &apls

RickD

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

cmdp123789

Oh well... it is obvious that the new update is full of pics to review... but before I start, I must say that I am quite impress with the new Pense... I like the layout of the city... I can see the more circular pattern you are trying to achieve which I believe you mention a couple day back right? Although it is not that big yet, I really look forward for more development.. Keep it up

kelis

Well done with the W2W, I have to do something like that in my MD ! As always I like the region view  :thumbsup:

# Jonathan
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

WannGLondon

Quote from: apeguy on April 27, 2012, 02:15:54 PM
Looking good, it'll be cool to see the new Pense expand over time. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thank you, thank you. Me too

Quote from: catty on April 27, 2012, 06:22:01 PM
Quote from: WannGLondon on April 27, 2012, 01:14:46 PM
...This roundabout somewhat provides an entrance to the southern-central area of Cross Haven and Lemgate. It is quite fun to watch cars and double-decker busses (yes Cathy, I took your advice and got some double-decker busses  ;)) make their way around this busy roundabout...

:thumbsup:

Can you be tempted by new bus stops as well as the STEX has the DEX British Bus Stop Pack

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/25948-dex-british-bus-stop-pack/ 

as always love the pictures and of course the region shot   :)
Already got em, thanks. Check it out in this update  ;)

Quote from: nbvc on April 28, 2012, 12:06:05 AM
Great city and region overview. &apls
Thank you!

Quote from: noahclem on April 28, 2012, 02:57:39 AM
Nice start on the new Pense  &apls
Thanks!

Quote from: RickD on April 30, 2012, 12:15:16 PM
I like the new Pense, too. ;)
Glad you approve Raphael.  :)

Quote from: cmdp123789 on April 30, 2012, 05:47:01 PM
Oh well... it is obvious that the new update is full of pics to review... but before I start, I must say that I am quite impress with the new Pense... I like the layout of the city... I can see the more circular pattern you are trying to achieve which I believe you mention a couple day back right? Although it is not that big yet, I really look forward for more development.. Keep it up
Thank you, my friend and glad you noticed buddy.

Quote from: kelis on April 30, 2012, 06:44:55 PM
Well done with the W2W, I have to do something like that in my MD ! As always I like the region view  :thumbsup:

# Jonathan
Same to you Jonathan! Thank you.

Another update.

Good afternoon from California. Would just like to show you members some of my iconic busses and my charming high streets.

To start, here is a high street right across from Seward Green. It is one of my favorite high streets, I used Haarlemgold's Dutch building models to create some high street shops with the PIM and LE.

Here is another high street with a bus passing through it, a common scene in Pense.

And here is the famous Bank Court with some double decker busses passing through it. Bank Court is one of the hubs for Pense's bus empire.

And here are some busses just coming off of the Lemgate Bridge.

Sorry for the shortness, better updates will come later, promise. Hope you enjoyed.

*Please leave comments or criticism below.
Call me Warren.

catty

Love the closeups of the Double-Decker buses and those new bus stops are looking good as well ... no region shot   :(

but I'm sure we'll see one soon   ;D
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

cmdp123789

Nice update, although I would recommend the quai de seine by xannepan... It is better for river embankment you know... it gives a more european feeling...

vortext

Nice looking high street, I imagine you'll be using a lot of Ill Tonkso's BATs as well since most of his work is based on London.

And great to see the red decks are running around in Pense, however, I do have to second Cogeo's suggestion a while back; yellow road marking isn't found anywhere in London, or in GB at large. And frankly red on yellow is a bit of an eyesore.  ;)

In addition I second Caty's request for a regionview and some stats on population would be nice as well. After all, you do know that's why we follow your MD, right?! $%Grinno$%

In any case, keep up the good work  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

kelis

Once again great job with the W2W. We can see how you love London because we can see the london feel in every pic.

Great job  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

apeguy

Another great update from Pense. ;D ;D The first picture with the terraced houses is my favourite.

Good work as always. :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

WannGLondon

Quote from: catty on May 02, 2012, 10:29:50 AM

Love the closeups of the Double-Decker buses and those new bus stops are looking good as well ... no region shot   :(

but I'm sure we'll see one soon   ;D
One will be coming soon, promise  ;D

Quote from: cmdp123789 on May 02, 2012, 11:08:37 AM
Nice update, although I would recommend the quai de seine by xannepan... It is better for river embankment you know... it gives a more european feeling...
I do love those embankments, but they clog up my menu. They're gorgeous though, just not for me. Thanks though.

Quote from: vortext on May 02, 2012, 11:11:23 AM
Nice looking high street, I imagine you'll be using a lot of Ill Tonkso's BATs as well since most of his work is based on London.

And great to see the red decks are running around in Pense, however, I do have to second Cogeo's suggestion a while back; yellow road marking isn't found anywhere in London, or in GB at large. And frankly red on yellow is a bit of an eyesore.  ;)

In addition I second Caty's request for a regionview and some stats on population would be nice as well. After all, you do know that's why we follow your MD, right?! $%Grinno$%

In any case, keep up the good work  :thumbsup:

I had downloaded to Euro Street Texture Mod, and I liked it, but my 'no-grass mod' began not working and I think it was the result of having that texture mod, but I will look into it again, thanks. And thank you for the comment, haha :D

Quote from: kelis on May 02, 2012, 11:11:38 AM
Once again great job with the W2W. We can see how you love London because we can see the london feel in every pic.

Great job  :thumbsup:
Thank you, thank you.

Quote from: apeguy on May 03, 2012, 11:35:10 AM
Another great update from Pense. ;D ;D The first picture with the terraced houses is my favourite.

Good work as always. :thumbsup:
Thank you!

Another update.

This is just an update about some of Pense's transportation system, especially trains.  :D

In this first image we see one of Pense's elevated trains crossing over into the LaRoujse into the financial heart. It is leaving from an area known as Cross Haven, an area inspired by Southwark, London.

Here is that same elevated rail bridge with two trains crossing at the same time, a new meaning to the phrase 'double-crossing'  ;)

And here we have some trains cutting through Hammerhill. This line is currently one of the busiest in the city.

And not so much about trains, but here is Castle Circus, a busy roundabout that serves as a smaller entrance to Cross Haven.

And lastly, I would like to thank Carlos (Debussyman) for donating these ever-so-gorgeous terraces to me. I will finally be able to complete my city because of his contribution. Anyway, here is a preview of them.

Region views will be up soon, sorry! Thanks for enduring my corny posts, as always, please leave comments or criticism below.
Call me Warren.

vortext

Once again a nice update.

JENX's quays are difficult to work with indeed, however, you might want to level the ground before plopping any kind of seawalls. Otherwise they misalign like they do now (and what's up with the waves in the first pic btw ???).

Last pic is my favourite. Mind telling where can I find those coloured terraces?
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

cmdp123789

Nice update... I really like the pictures... terraces are stunning... I need those last terraces hahaha gotta give us the link buddy!! I like the way you use the terraces... it gives a more London feeling on the cj... keep it up

RickD

The Hammerhill neighborhood looks very good. And the the new terrace houses are beautiful.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

WannGLondon

Quote from: vortext on May 05, 2012, 10:32:08 AM
Once again a nice update.

JENX's quays are difficult to work with indeed, however, you might want to level the ground before plopping any kind of seawalls. Otherwise they misalign like they do now (and what's up with the waves in the first pic btw ???).

Last pic is my favourite. Mind telling where can I find those coloured terraces?
Yeah, sorry about the waves haha, but the Thames is tidal  ;). The colored terraces are from Debussyman, you'll have to ask permission from him to use them, and if he says yes, I will send them to you. Thanks for the comment.

Quote from: cmdp123789 on May 05, 2012, 05:55:32 PM
Nice update... I really like the pictures... terraces are stunning... I need those last terraces hahaha gotta give us the link buddy!! I like the way you use the terraces... it gives a more London feeling on the cj... keep it up
Thank you my friend.

Quote from: RickD on May 07, 2012, 05:27:35 AM
The Hammerhill neighborhood looks very good. And the the new terrace houses are beautiful.
Glad you like it Raphael, thanks.

Another update.

I would first like to start off with Vaulte Village, a small area developed to the south of the Central Area. It is famous for head shops and ethnic enclaves. It is nearby to Parliament Oval, a crowded stadium surrounded by even more crowded streets. This picture does not do it justice, but the one way road surrounding the stadium are very crowded with traffic during morning and evening commutes. It is one main entrance to the Central Area.

Second, I just wanted to show you all a train making its way into the Central Area. Sorry about all the train/bus pics, I am just really loving my automata.  :P

In this image we have the Great Southern, Great Eastern and Great Western railways coming together. They all arrive in Cross Haven Central Station, right across the river from the financial district and Bank Court.

This image is for my friend, cmdp123789, he told me that I could basically make an elevated (train) rail bridge and I found out how to do it, so thanks.

This has to be one of my favorite areas in the city. It is Derling Hill, a hilly, wealthy suburb that rises about 100 feet above the central area. You can go to the end of one of these cul-de-sacs and see a view down the street right into the Central Area. This hilly area was inspired by Westow Hill in South London, where you can look down a street and see London's Central Area. Love my views  ;)

Here is the pic that inspired me, if anyone is interested.

Second to last, we have a small, red Routemaster bus coming from the neighborhood of Gatton. One of my favorite busses to see roaming the city.

And here we have the anticipated region view. Sorry for the wait everyone, but here it is. The population is about 300,000 plus, I am using the RHW instead of the Maxis Highway in the east in case you didn't notice and some things have been changed. Changed, but improved. For example, I got rid of St. George's Park, because I believe I can do better. Well, hope you enjoyed.

*Please leave comments or crtitcism below.
Call me Warren.

cmdp123789

Another great update... as always... I really like the hill picture, good job with the bridge... it gives you more freedom, since you dont have to go to ground level railway in order to do the bridge.. NICE ONE! Region is looking good... although the old Pense had more towers... didnt it??  ;D ???

WC_EEND

Really enjoying this so far, and I'm happy to see more region views :P

Also Warren, if you don't mind me asking, have you ever been to London yourself?

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

art128

Clean! I like it. We can really feel the British atmosphere from London.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog