• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Japan Recreation(日本作成日時) - Teaser(ティーザー)

Started by ユミーちゃん, June 23, 2014, 04:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ユミーちゃん

Wow! We've made it to 100 replies on this! Thank you, everyone! :bnn:

There has not been an update in about a month. I unfortunately have not had much time, as April is coming up very, very soon, which means the start of my college years, so updates will probably be even more sporadic... ()sad()

First let me reply to the comments:
Quote from: Dantes on December 22, 2014, 08:52:38 AM
Wow, this is great japanes-typcal urban work ! I'm proud of you. You've developed quite strongly.

Thank you for your comment, Dantes. I have developed even more in this, so I hope that you're looking forward to this  :).

Quote from: Themistokles on December 12, 2014, 11:25:18 PM
I like the mixture of different buildings! It feels like in a metropolis, no real end or start to urbanisation, rather a continuous stretch of built-up lands. And the MMP work on the park is great!

Considering the density, though, I would've gone for viaduct rail and the RRW perhaps, but then I don't really know anything about Japan $%Grinno$%, except for what I've seen on this forum ::). Eager to see the other tiles develop! :thumbsup:

Thank you for your comment! And you're right about viaduct rail & RRW would be a good idea, thanks for your suggestion!

Quote from: Vizoria on December 13, 2014, 04:22:46 AM
Solid work and a great entry.

Thank you for your comment, Vizoria.

Quote from: Kisa Atsuko on December 24, 2014, 08:23:29 PM
Thit is a great update!  Nice work!

for some suggestion maybe get some catenary for realism toward rails, I suggest to use uki catenary: http://uki-sim.seesaa.net/article/259839686.html
also I suggest to avoid using maxis port, somy made great port set in his site but well if you think its better, you can keep it anyway...

I got the catenary for this city, with that exact link, too. And you're right, SOMYさんのport is better than the one made by Maxis.

Quote from: Shark7 on December 28, 2014, 01:10:39 PM
Another good update.  Very, very crowded looking to me, but considering that where I'm from you can literally look out for miles and miles of open plain, anything other than open areas look really crowded to me.  ;)  I do love how colorful the city turned out.  It is definitely not bland or boring.  :)

I did notice one thing in picture 7 that you may want to look into.  In the lower left corner, it appears the concrete texture behind the brown building is over-lapping the railroad tracks.  Its a graphical/texture issue, but was noticeable.

It is quite crowded, but somewhat low density and medium density. The thing in picture 7 I noticed as well, the reason of that was due to the placement of the train station, it is no glitch. But it does like quite bad though... &mmm

Quote from: benedict on February 21, 2015, 07:29:24 PM
Great to see you back with more - love your work.

Thank you for your comment, benedict.

Quote from: Magneto on February 21, 2015, 10:30:00 PM
Your house model is nice, but the textures are too slate. Those need to be dirtier to look more realistic. Maybe start a thread at Simtropolis in the BAT section, you might get some help to improve your textures

As for the family props, smoncrie wrote a short alternative tutorial to prop families: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5350.msg169424#msg169424

Beautiful recreation BTW. Hope to see more, and good luck with your project

You are right about the textures! I will go and start up a thread at Simtropolis so I get help with my B.A.T.s. Thanks for the alternative to prop families! It was quite helpful!

Fasan:
This is an excellent job.  &apls
It is a pleasure to look at each image, properly because one discovers beautiful things.  ;)

Thank you for your comment, Fasan.

noahclem:
Your new batting projects look very promising  &apls  Of course you're welcome to share your creations on the LEX as well :)

Okay, noahclem, I will definitely do that when I get the chance! :)

Dantes:

I wish you every success in your new project. It will be great. There are still too few Japanese residential buildings. I myself love old Japanese buildings as they jangle in the smaller towns and rural areas. No matter what you want to build, it will delight the Japan players.

Yeah, maybe I will create some of the older style Japanese residential buildings in my set. :)

Now, on to the update for today! It is going to have a ton of pictures, to make up for my inactivity lately.

This right here is a high-up view of the city of Tagawa (田川市、ローマ字:Tagawa-shi, which I think translates to, "Rice Field River City" in English?), a fictional city located in the fictional Tagawa prefecture (田川県、ローマ字:Tagawa-ken). This city was made for the monthly challenge on Simtropolis, but however, I did not have enough time to complete the city, as it was only half-way done. So when I got back on a couple of months after the fact, (March) I filled in the remaining space on the 1.8 kilometers of low-level flat-space in the Southern part of the city. However, the Northern and far-eastern parts of the city have yet to be finished. Here is the region-view picture for:

1. Here is the first area I will show you. However, the photo right here was taken a few years ago (not real years, as I said above that this was started in January) before the major Tagawa flood, caused from an earthquake in the ocean in the Tohoku region.

2. Another moment from before the disastorous flood came. You can see the rice paddies and the small farm houses off to the side, completely unaware of what is about to happen.

3. Even the citizens of southern western Tagawa who are up on a raised plain are not completely safe from the disaster that is about to happen.

4. Something terrible is about to happen, especially on this low level floodplain, which is closest to the wrath of the water.

5. The disaster that is about to happen is especially bad news for the industry and the powerplant, which powers up the whole Tagawa City area, of many people, who most are on 1.8 square kilometers on the raised plain.

6. The flood has reached land fall! The power lines which lead out inland have been completely submerged, cutting off power to those up north.

7. The flooding has reached the houses. The sirens in the city are blaring. People are fleeing from the home of theirs, and the power plant workers have been evacuated.

8. MIN'NA!!! THE WATER HAS REACHED THE POWER PLANT AND MANY OF THE INDUSTRIAL AREA! FLEE TO HIGHER GROUND AS SOON AS YOU CAN!

9. While the power plant workers survived and the people near it survived, isolated small villages like this got left behind along with the people in them...

10. This small village, which was closest to the river and on the lowest elevation got the worst of it.

11. The water eventually began to take over the whole village. The water begins to seep in toward the dense urban area up on higher land.

12. The water come onto the elevated land, destroying everyone that is in its path.

13.Tagawa Police Officer Tomioka on the horn: "Citizens of Tagawa City, Minami ku (Southern ward), please remain calm and evacuate to the northern parts of the city in which the elevation is higher! Evacuate now to the safe places, Denshi ku and  Kita ku up in the north!"

14. Tagawa News: Tagawa News Reporting! Today, on March,11, A huge tsunami has come to the Tohoku region flooding many coastal towns, such as Ishinomaki, Onagawa, Motoyoshi, Kesennuma, Rikuzentakata, etc. The one that we are covering today is the Tagawa tsunami, in Tagawa prefecture. As you can see, Minami ku is flooded, with the water rising at around 4.5 meters high, up here. Below on the floodplain, water levels reached almost 56 meters high.

15. Tagawa News: Despite all of this catastrophe, a man named Tomioka Kazuhito was a hero on this day, giving warning to those farther from the tsunami. He saved many lives on this day.

16. Tagawa News: The waters seem to be receding back in. Debris and other trash is getting pulled back in.

17. Tagawa News: Now some areas of the flood plain have become dry. The water is receeding quickly, taking all the debris it can with it.

18. Tagwa News: The waters have receeded to their normal level. Out of the 66,284 people in the city, there were 4,692 casualties, 2,314 people gone misssing, and 7,456 people injured. Due to water getting inside of the Tagawa powerplant, Tagawa has completely lost power.

19. ...So, 4 years after the tsunami of 3/11, Tagawa has rebuilt some of what has been lost. Slowly but surely Tagawa and other towns like it have been rebuilding what they have lost. Unfortunately, however some things can not be regained...

20. Tagawa now is good and well, and recovering from the incident. The grand re opening of the pedestrian mall just happened today.

21. More re development.

25. Sakurano, Tagawa's second indoor mall to open up.

27. An area near downtown.

28. Tagwa's major train station which sees countless numbers of people each day, and Tagawa's downtown along with the SOGO Mega Mall. There are always tons of people walking around here.

31. An industrial area in Kita ku.

32. Tagawa's new water filtration plant, along with industry.

34. The black and brown building is Tagawa's news station, home of Tagawa News!

35. Another train station in Midori ku.

36. A somewhat new residential area of Tagawa.

38.As one first enters the city from the south, the things that they will first notice first is that there are 3 big, major buildings here: The Aqua Research Institute, the Kitamura Major Art Musuem, and the Tagawa City College. There is also a hotel nearby (pink and gray building) for those who want to stay near it. Located in Minami ku.

43. The major highway, leading into and out of town.

44. An urban park.

46. A view of Minami ku (ward) (south of highway) and Midori ku (north of highway).

47.View of Minami ku (South of avenue/highway) Denshi ku (All of downtown, it is the electronic and office industry ward) and Kita ku (north of highway/avenue and of the downtown).

48. All of Mizutagawa ku (Rice paddy river ward), basically the whole flood plain.

That was the update. It was quite long, but well worth it for me, and for you guys! Comment, and feel free to ask about where I got the mods from!
I would also appreciate negative criticism. If there is something you don't like, or something you think that I am doing wrong, please tell.

romualdillo

ユミーちゃん

I am so sorry that I haven't been posting recently. My last update was in March, right before April, the start of my College years. Since then, it has been much harder to find a proper balance between school and SimCity 4. But anyway, I have been working on a little something, and I think it would be good to show you.

But before that, I must reply to the comments:

REPLIES:

romualdillo: Great update!!! I enjoyed it very much!!!

Thank you for commenting, and for liking it very much! I appreciate it! :)

TEASER:

1. The next update's downtown area, along with train station. The small city's name will be revealed in the next update!

Hopefully, I'll be able to get the next update down soon and be able to deliver a proper update. Thank you for viewing and Sayonara!

Comment, and feel free to ask about where I got the mods from!

I would also appreciate negative criticism. If there is something you don't like, or something you think that I am doing wrong, please tell.

c.p.

Themistokles

Nice work on the flooding! Especially like picture no. 10. And the new city seems promising  :)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

manga rivotra

Very nice teaser, i'm impatient to see the next ! :)
I've a question : Please, where did you get the pool close to the big grey building  ( high school building i suppose ) ?

I like your combination of buildings, they complement each other very well and nothing would stick out like a sore thumb. Don't worry about keeping your pace low, after all, real life is more important :). My only suggestion would be using underpasses (maybe with FLUP pieces from the NAM) instead of level crossings in inner city areas, this might be safer and improve traffic flow, especially if you have several railway crossings in close proximity.

Nanami

I missed few updates here.... the update are pretty interesting with that flood happening (too bad for the people there though). And looking forward for the city in that teaser.. :)

noahclem

A very well-deserved welcome to the Best Sellers section  :bnn:  So sorry this wasn't noticed earlier. Excellent work on the last updates and I hope college is going very well for you :)

Dantes

I like the teaser. I hope there are new pictures. I'm curious about the update!