• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riiga

I've now released the Toll Booth on the STEX:)

- riiga

shanghai kid

Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

canyonjumper

Awesome!! The banner is changed, Alex is teasing us (again :D), and riiga has released the first RHW toll booth! Great start to the New Year (almost!)

-Happy Holidays!, Jordan
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

j-dub

So, its official, real highway. Well, I guess it was time for it as we are headed into a new decade.

Tarkus

riiga, congrats on the toll booth release, and thanks for sharing the link here.  I've just added it to the
Optional/Recommended RHW Add-Ons list in the stickied FAQ post (which will be getting a small facelift today).  :thumbsup:

-Alex

Haljackey

Happy New Year everyone!  Welcome to the 10's!

Today is also RHW 2.0's second birthday!  You remember that one, right?  The one that totally revolutionized the project and introduced the Modular Interchange System?

For those of you who are newer to the project and never used version 2.0, or those who want to refresh themselves on what RHW 2.0 was like, take a trip down memory lane Here.

I'm sure 2010 will be a great year for the RHW and NAM.  I can't wait to play with the new content that will come out this year!
-Haljackey

six9nc

I'm sure I missed the answer but I cant find any on slope puzzle pieces.  I'm trying to make a road over RHW2 and cant find the puzzle piece for it. I tried the shift + tab but it doesnt seem to find any other them.  I have the RHW mar 09 and nam july 09 installed.
"The man who sleeps on the floor never falls out of bed"...Martin Lawrence

MandelSoft

TAB through the Road Overpass Pieces TAB-ring in the Roads menu. There you'll find the on-slope piece.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

ecoba

Thank you riiga for sharing that wonderful toll booth with all of us online!

Are you planning on making a RHW-4 one as well?

Ethan

Gillian1981

Hi,

I downloaded the RHW some time ago, and I'm finally getting the hang of it. My highways keep getting better, as do the interchanges.
However I'm a bit confused with the neighbour connections.

I know that with the wider pieces like the RHW6 and RHW8 it is impossible to make a neighbour connection, unless you use a specific trick.

But what about the normal piece, the 2-lane one (you know, the first piece you can choose), is it possible to make a neighbour connection with that or not?

If not, what is the best (or easiest) way to make a neighbour connection then? Perhaps with an avenue, or one-way streets?

Thanks for your help.

Gillian

MandelSoft

If you use the RHW-2 (the one with two lanes in opposite directions), don't worry, there are no problems with that when it comes to neighbour connections. Any other RHW width has to be connected with the other half. Or for the RHW-4, you could use a Maxis Highway (with the same capacity as the RHW) or the avenue to connect.

This problem sould be solved with special neighbour connector pieces in the upcoming version of the RHW. I can't say when it will be released, but now it's not ready to do so.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

six9nc

I'm trying to upgrade all my maxis highways with RHW...mainly the ones that are approaching my 2 main metro areas.  I want to use RHW-6 and then RHW-8 for my outerbelt(perimeter, beltline or orbital whichever word is used in your region). Are there any examples of custom made interchanges using these.  Oh yeah these highways that I'm upgrading are in existing cities so I hate to bulldoze and not have any interchanges for these cities.  I am trying to make things look as realistic as possible. Man I wish there were flyover puzzle pieces.

j-dub

Just like in real life, your going to have to wait until construction is done on Alex's end in the future then you will be permitted to build single lane curved flyovers in your city, but not until later. Hopefully before 2020, but dates are not guaranteed. You mentioned widening to 8 lanes ? Then also like real life, prepare for some more demolition to upgrade that highway. The later RHW provides the option of making RHW-6 mostly just two tiles wide, rather then four. There also is another wider El-RHW in the works. So if current stuff does not work out now, remember some real highways can take 20 years to finally break ground after owning the land or not all that time.

six9nc

First of all a big thank you to all who have answered my questions.  Also to all the NAM developers for renewing my intrest in SC4.  Lastly this site is the holy grail IMO of all SC4 sites.  Any question or problem I have I know I can come here to get it resolved.  Having said all of that I am sooooo happy and proud of my new creations that I thought I would share them with the community.  IF I can use the NAM and RHW then anybody can.  Again thanks everybody.
My first trumpet!!!!

My version of a SPUI
[URL=http://img706.imageshack.us/i/delwoodsep4021263075540.png/]

j-dub

Six9nc, if your ever going to post pictures again, I'm going to ask you not to use png's, because the bigger the portable network graphic image, the longer amount of time they take to load and really slow peoples bandwidth speed down. Jpegs or jpgs are a compressed type of image file where as pngs take a lot of memory.To save to jpeg, you open your pictures in the program paint, save as, then select jpeg. You do have the right idea with how the RHW is suppose to work though.

Haljackey

Nice work six9nc!  Great to see another avid RHW enthusiast!

To build on what j-dub stated, its best to present your images in a jpg format, because the filesize of the picture is significantly smaller than the PNG images generated from taking a screenshot in Simcity 4.  The best way to convert them is to use a program like photoshop, GIMP, or Irfanview.
-In addition, this thread is generally directed toward RHW development and support, so its best to present your creations here.

That's a good looking trumpet, too!  If you need any guidance or support about building them or other interchanges, see the RHW interchange guide here.

Those links, along with others, are found on the sticky post at the top of every page in this thread.  I look forward to seeing additional creations from you!
-Haljackey

six9nc

OK thanks guys I learn something new everyday on this site.

Patricius Maximus

Well, now that it has been over a year since RHW 3.0 was released, has there been any further progress on 4.0?

Haljackey

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on January 20, 2010, 04:21:30 PM
Well, now that it has been over a year since RHW 3.0 was released, has there been any further progress on 4.0?

Progress on textures:
-Notice the new networks there as well, the RHW-3 and the RHW-8C

Just be sure to note nothing you see here is final.

More later as development continues.