• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM May 2010 Release

Started by Tarkus, May 09, 2010, 01:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadeSlayer

:D

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1614/yaycb.png

It looks amazing, but I do have one question: Why do the transition/connector RHW pieces have different road textures than regular RHW?

Andreas

This doesn't look right. Are you sure that you don't have an older version of the RHW buried in your plugins folder?
Andreas

ShadeSlayer

*deletes the "Rural Highway Mod" folder*

Fixed?

Andreas

Most likely - the RHW 4.0 gets installed in the "Real Highway Mod" folder. ;)
Andreas

ShadeSlayer

Yeah, it looks better now. Perhaps you guys should include a cleanitol with RHW?

SeanSC4

Aiee!! All these new cool puzzle pieces to learn how to use!!!   :thumbsup:

un1

I love it NAM team! Looks great and I cant wait to try it out.  ;D

nerdly_dood

I notice that the RHW is called the "Real Highway" mod, yet the ZIP folder I just downloaded is called "NetworkAddonMod_Rural_Highway_Mod.zip"  ::)

&apls

None of this "imminent" hype making people impatient this time, you just reveal the "secret weapon" and the next day you release it... much better tactics this time. :thumbsup:
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Andreas

Quote from: nerdly_dood on May 09, 2010, 03:48:24 PM
I notice that the RHW is called the "Real Highway" mod, yet the ZIP folder I just downloaded is called "NetworkAddonMod_Rural_Highway_Mod.zip"  ::)

Unfortunately, that's something we cannot circumvent. The same goes for the title of the download at the LEX - those entries were written to the database, and don't change when updating a file. But rest assured, the ZIP contains the most current version. :)
Andreas

turtle

How wonderful  ()stsfd() I look forward to play around with TulEPs  ;D

Thanks for all the work you guys have put into this!
My name is Thomas...

Masochist

Dedicated the mothers, right? ;)

This is...this one's big.  That's about all I can say.  I can't remember the last time an update for the NAM came with so much new stuff.  The NWM is going to change the face of the game absolutely...I can't even comprehend it.  All I can say is THANK YOU for all the hard work &apls &apls &apls!

And now, for the first time this year, I'm going to go play SimCity 4 :thumbsup:.
(Under Construction)

Gringamuyloca

QuoteNetwork Addon Mod May 2010 by the NAM Team
Before your run off in excitement and install the new NAM version, please make sure to read this (short) document first and then take action, otherwise some things might go wrong.

Uninstalling the previous NAM version

Since many things have changed compared to the last version of the NAM, it is highly advised to uninstall the current version first. The original NAM download comes with an uninstaller, which is either available via an entry in the start menu, or by double-clicking the "uninst.exe" file in the NAM installation folder. If you have modified the NAM files for yourself, please make sure to backup them to a safe place, so you can apply the changes to the new NAM installation later.

Using the BSC Cleanitol TM File

wouangaine developed a tool that can remove outdated files from your plugins folder before installing a new download. Simply load the Cleanitol_NetworkAddonMod.txt in BSC Cleanitol TM and scan your plugins folders....

Please, where can the Cleanitol_NetworkAddonMod.txt be found ?...my searches have come up empty...

Thanks

EDIT:
Quote from: rjaap on May 09, 2010, 04:24:13 PM
The cleanitol file is included in the zip file of the NAM update.

Not in the Mac version... that I can find... but yes it is in the windows .zip..

Thanks!
Tamara

rjaap

The cleanitol file is included in the zip file of the NAM update.

Great update guys!

JoeST

oh this is AWESOME!!!!

Thankyou very much, once again, you awesome NAMsters :D

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

TJ1

After I installed the new NAM I noticed that SAM, HSRP, RAM, and the Rual Roads Plugin folders are no longer in the NAM folder would I have to install  these all over? ()what() ()what()

mightygoose

time to start glomping interchanges again.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Haljackey

Congrats guys, this is the greatest release day in years!
-New NAM? Check.
-New RHW? Check.
-Anything else new? Check (NWM probably being the largest and most anticipated.)

Give yourselves a pat on the back. You've continued to make a game made all the way back in 2003 top of the line. I can't wait to have a crack at the new content.

kj3400

So excited, I came out of hiding to post. Look forward to using these wonderful addons! Thanks NAM team! :thumbsup: &apls
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

nerdly_dood

Quote from: Andreas on May 09, 2010, 03:58:34 PM
Unfortunately, that's something we cannot circumvent. The same goes for the title of the download at the LEX - those entries were written to the database, and don't change when updating a file. But rest assured, the ZIP contains the most current version. :)
Something tells me I won't be the last to mention this... ::)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Kevin1a

I'm taking bets on how many hours before the first patches come out ;)
Three new mods in one day is sure to cause some interesting synergy.

I'm just kidding though!  Congratulations on the release I can't wait to play with it.