• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM May 2010 Release

Started by Tarkus, May 09, 2010, 01:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack_wilds

hey NAM Team, Jack wilds here...

playing with the new toys; enjoy it muchly  $%Grinno$%...

also... will there a 2010 NAM essentials package or has the game plan concerning essentials changed... should I use the 2009 essentials?  %confuso

Fortunately, no issues on the install it went really simply... and it does pay to read the 'readme'; I may be an engineer of sorts but I learned -after writing a few of them, that perhaps readmes' might have something worth noting 

-go figure  %wrd

particularly like the NWM/tuleps the best  ()stsfd()

Jack

Orange_o_

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Andreas

Quote from: Jack_wilds on May 10, 2010, 02:45:14 PM
also... will there a 2010 NAM essentials package or has the game plan concerning essentials changed... should I use the 2009 essentials?  %confuso

Do not install any NAM Essentials that are older than the current NAM release! Actually, don't install any NAM Essentials right now, as the NAM always includes the files that come with the NAM Essentials. The NAM Essentials should have been updated to May 2010 as well, though.

I think many people don't understand the concept of the NAM Essentials; those are intended to provide an updated NAM Controller or Bridge Controller, in case we found a bug in the current controller, or in case new optional NAM plugins (such as the RHW, SAM, RAM etc.) are published a while after the NAM release. We just haven't made use of this feature very often so far, and the NAM Controller that gets published with a new NAM release also supports any NAM plugins that are released around that date (or on the same day, as in the current release). This might change in the future, though.
Andreas

Tarkus

I've just checked the uploads on the LEX and STEX as far as the Essentials goes.  They both seem to be the proper build (r67 on the NAM Controller), though due to some issues with the LEX software's handling of filenames, the one here will download as "June 2007", even though it's actually May 2010.

I'll second Andreas, though--NAM Essentials is not required.  Generally speaking, there's no reason to download it right now.

-Alex

Subbub1997

:o Well this Came out of your a##'s! Great Suprise! Thanks Everyone who helped make this Its AMAZING!

Panda_Power

First of all thank you for all your hard work and for giving us this! :)

Could you tell me if the new NAM 2010 is OK to install with the RTMT v3.50 and the v3.60 addon pack and also the DAMN (Daeley's Advanced Menu Navigator) already installed?

I checked the readme files in the new NAM and they weren't listed, but I'd rather check first.

Thanks!

nekseb

Thanks to all who worked on this great project &apls &apls &apls

You all made a great birthday surprise to me!

Because of all the new puzzle pieces and possibilities: Would it be possible for future releases to make an overview picture with all new parts (and where - in which icon - to find)?
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

z

Quote from: Panda_Power on May 10, 2010, 09:26:41 PM
Could you tell me if the new NAM 2010 is OK to install with the RTMT v3.50 and the v3.60 addon pack and also the DAMN (Daeley's Advanced Menu Navigator) already installed?

Yes, there are no incompatibilities there at all.

Panda_Power

Quote from: z on May 11, 2010, 03:59:23 AM
Yes, there are no incompatibilities there at all.

Excellent...thank you!

jpj_starfleet

Wondering if it is all right to reinstall Ebina's Zebra crosswalk MOD with the new NAM? its the only other non NAM team item I have that changes the look of the Ave/Road networks (Except SFBT's Street Tree MOD which I asume is all right also? right?  ()what() )

Andreas

There shouldn't be any compatibility issues with the SFBT Street Tree Mod indeed. There will be an update in the future to add trees to SAM streets as well, but it's still in development, and due to my busy schedule, it's undetermined if and when I can complete it.
Andreas

smileymk

Thank you so much! I got pretty sick of waiting...

Will download now and play with this tonight!

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube

Zippo

Fantastic !  &apls

Let's start downloading now...

hazsmix

excellent work nam team. brilliant coding and excellent functionality and integration.
one small thing ive noticed though: if you run a RHW-2 under elevated highway, the RHW underneath ends up as red/black/green checkerboard squares. its still fully functional though.
overall, a brilliant release.

Skins

Hm, is it just me or can I not download the newest RHW? The new NAM and NWM had no issues, but RHW takes me to the coding monkey. It says that the lot has reached its download limit.

Jack_wilds

wondering about a few things...

is the 'NAM vr' icon button thingy still part of the plan or has it been scrapped  ???

it almost appears that 'rural roads addon' and SAM are merging in purpose/use... is this a planned integration  ()what()

is there a picture reference card showing all the parts and pcs to rhw/nam/nwm

can the nam/rhw/nwm be d.a.m.n.

can rural road intersection pieces be mixed with all maxis roads/streets/sam streets

is there something or can something be added to the nam tobe able to pick intersection types -ie no traffic lights where the roads intersect (particularly in rural places, thru r/w-stopped cross rd), 4-way stop sign (street-str, street-rd, sam street-rd) one thru-one stop, t-stop...   ()what()

Jack  :satisfied:

wes.janson

Quote from: Jack_wilds on May 13, 2010, 04:08:47 PM
is the 'NAM vr' icon button thingy still part of the plan or has it been scrapped  ???

I can't answer your other questions, but I know that I have the NAM version icon. I think you have to select the option in the NAM setup.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

Andreas

The NAM Controller version marker icon is included in the NAM Essentials only.
Andreas

metarvo

Now that I've installed the new NAM, I've noticed that the Road tool does something rather interesting when I drag two 1x3 sections parallel to each other and click on one of the four ends.  ()stsfd()
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

wes.janson

Quote from: metarvo on May 13, 2010, 06:07:57 PM
Now that I've installed the new NAM, I've noticed that the Road tool does something rather interesting when I drag two 1x3 sections parallel to each other and click on one of the four ends.  ()stsfd()

The draggable FAR. I noticed that too!

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!