• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

show us your airport!

Started by jaronamo70, December 21, 2006, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaylan221

AMAZING PROGRESS kevinaj! Awesome you went from mediocore to  &apls &apls &apls &apls

WELL DONE!
Come check out my new exciting MD:

"The Life of a Tour Guide"

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11351.0

thomil

With the New Cargo lots now available, I have decided to expand/upgrade some of my airports. Here are some pics of the newly expanded Derrics Airport.

A look at the new Terminal 3. This Building houses all Star Alliance carriers currently serving Derrics, Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa, British Midland and United Airlines.

And here we have Terminal 1, the former Main Terminal. Nowadays it houses Low Cost Carriers like Ryanair, Easyjet or Air Berlin.

The Executive Aviation Terminal at Derrics Airport, recently redesigned and expanded.

The Maintenance Hangars and Ramp. Parked in front are two UPS Boeing 757s. The Parcel Giant from Louisville has set up its Southern European / Balkans Hub at the Airport, with direct connections to its Europe Hub at Cologne/Bonn and the Worldhub hat Louisville, Kentucky.

The newly built Cargo Terminal and Ramp. Parked in Front of the Building are two Boeing 787 Dreamliners, one operated by Maersk Air under contract from UPS for it's service to Louisville, Kentucky. The other one is operated  by ANA Cargo on a weekly rotation to Tokyo Narita.

That's all from me for now. One rebuilt airport down, 12 to go...  ;)

tag_one

KoV Liberty

Nice work! But the two last pics are the same. ;)

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Haljackey

One of my older airports:

I've been wanting to build a new, modern airport for some time, but I keep procrastinating lol

trapmaka

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/thomil/Sim%20City%20-%20Lankhalja/Derrics-4Apr541261933756.png

The Maintenance Hangars and Ramp. Parked in front are two UPS Boeing 757s. The Parcel Giant from Louisville has set up its Southern European / Balkans Hub at the Airport, with direct connections to its Europe Hub at Cologne/Bonn and the Worldhub hat Louisville, Kentucky.

I must know where those hangars are from!!!! Been looking around for these forever.

thomil

Those hangars are part of the MICairport set over at Simtropolis. Just search for that term on the STEX. It also contains a terminal, light masts and an air cargo center.

I'll take care of that dual photo once I'me home. I'm currently posting from work and can't access photobucket.

riiga

This is my large international airport I completed yesterday. However, I wasn't quite satisfied with my terminal layout, but for now I'm glad I completed the airport. The airport is located in the Österköping Region (My MD) and serves two major cities.

Warning! Large picture! (5316x3416)

(click for full resolution)

- riiga

Cyclone1001

I'm glad somebody knows how to build a realistic airport! Thank you! Most of these on here are junk, at least I think so.

KoV Liberty

Hal: Is that plane taking off from a taxiway? Lol.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

thomil

Quote from: Cyclone1001 on December 28, 2009, 09:42:35 AM
I'm glad somebody knows how to build a realistic airport! Thank you! Most of these on here are junk, at least I think so.

I wouldn't be quite so harsh on them. SC4 Is a game after all, and not a religion. Half of my airports fall into the unrealistic category as well, with the runways or taxiways being too narrow, or too short. Don't forget that the highly realistic airport lots only started coming out over the last two years, and many people simply don't know the huge dimensions that modern airports have.

Cyclone1001

Quote from: thomil on December 28, 2009, 11:58:07 PM
I wouldn't be quite so harsh on them. SC4 Is a game after all, and not a religion. Half of my airports fall into the unrealistic category as well, with the runways or taxiways being too narrow, or too short. Don't forget that the highly realistic airport lots only started coming out over the last two years, and many people simply don't know the huge dimensions that modern airports have.

Why do you think I am criticizing? I was in that same boat, but now I download almost every airport related plugin to be as "modern" as possible. I typically build 2-3 full-size airports a week, just so I can make them look as good as possible. It just seems some people haven't left 2007, while I didn't start playing until March of this year. I understand some people have "older" packs and techniques, but they could always upgrade .In a nutshell; I try to make mine the best possible, and some people appear that they don't. Just my two cents, the rest is up to you.

Haljackey

Quote from: Cyclone1001 on December 28, 2009, 09:42:35 AM

Quote from: Cyclone1001 on December 29, 2009, 04:35:37 AM
Why do you think I am criticizing? I was in that same boat, but now I download almost every airport related plugin to be as "modern" as possible. I typically build 2-3 full-size airports a week, just so I can make them look as good as possible. It just seems some people haven't left 2007, while I didn't start playing until March of this year. I understand some people have "older" packs and techniques, but they could always upgrade .In a nutshell; I try to make mine the best possible, and some people appear that they don't. Just my two cents, the rest is up to you.

I agree.  People generally get better when you build more and as time goes on.  If you look at the image I posted, I thought it was great back in the day, but now I think it looks like crap and want to build a new one that's more realistic.

As the old saying goes, "practice makes perfect!"

Cyclone1001

Quote from: Haljackey on December 29, 2009, 12:45:18 PM
I agree.  People generally get better when you build more and as time goes on.  If you look at the image I posted, I thought it was great back in the day, but now I think it looks like crap and want to build a new one that's more realistic.

As the old saying goes, "practice makes perfect!"

Thats true, because 'back in the day', that was as good as it got.

Pushu

How do you make all of the planes appear? ()what() All of my A320s and Buisness and Reigional Jets and Cargo Lots are just blank with tarmac? ()what()

Korot

You make a custom lot, using the LE, in which the plane props are raised a couple of meters.

Regards,
Korot

Zacharuno

I've recently started a new region, and I'm trying to create a city that's as close to real as I can get. My airport for this city is no different. Based on my pictures, I challenge you to tell me the area where the city is located! This is Georgetown International Airport. Yes, it is small for an international airport I know.

frdrcklim

wow. that's a big lot. you must be considering developing the rest.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

kbieniu7

First screen looks nice!
I suggest to use one way roads near terminal, and made more of road infrasctructure  :thumbsup:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Zacharuno

kbieniu7 I'm actually use RHW for all of the roads around the airport in the shots as I don't really like the one way road arrows. Can you help me out with the road infrastructure. I know it needs works, but I'm not sure what else to do.