• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

show us your airport!

Started by jaronamo70, December 21, 2006, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canyonjumper

@Zachauno: Do you use the NAM's One Way Arrow suppressor? That would make it so the arrows only appear near intersections.
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

kevinaj

Here are preview pics of my new airport for Americatown (Name: Franklin Roosevelt International Airport).

I love airplanes.

sc-4

WoaW Kevinaj your airport is stupendous  &apls

Call me Ludo

kevinaj

One of my other cities (Americatown) airport Franklin D. Roosevelt International Airport. It carried about 71,051,297 passangers last year, making it the 2nd busiest airport in the world, behind Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport (to be surpassed with an airport I'm currently making which can hold about 135,000,000 passengers max.). NOTE: The area with trees will be used for land developement.
I love airplanes.

fafalone

I've been working on a major international airport for a while now and wanted to start sharing pictures of it. The parking area and transit areas are barely done, but the airport itself is maybe 90% done.. just need to add a couple areas then start detailing. The links for the full size pictures are 1680x1050. I tried to capture the scale of a large airport the best I could; but to get the runways up to the scale of the length required by a fully loaded 747 or a380, runway would be longer than a large city tile, and I didn't want to split it. So the largest runways are a full large city tile long minus the minimum space for approach lighting.

Let's start off with the general aviation area:

Domestic flights...

Full Size

The main terminal, serving international travelers, has a drop off area for departures across from a building that serves as the airport hotel and a terminus for the airport EL shuttle, conveniently, an additional 2 tracks link up with the main el rail lines that are extensively developed in the region.

Airplanes you'll find for international flights include 747s, 787s, A340s, and A380s. I lotted the AC787s and tabi's a340 and a380; thinking about releasing them somewhere.

Full Size

Supersonic fliers have their own first class terminal.

There's also a major cargo center. I'm still too scared to unpause it, so the dark areas will show cargo when I get to it.

Three of the 5 completed runways (1 more small one is planned). Until RMIP3 is out, I had to use RMIP1 for the large runways; but the approach lights for RMIP2 don't quite line up.

And finally, a view of the entire airport.

Full Size

There's still lots to work on, especially small details like fences, activity, and the surrounding area, but I wanted to put it out there and get some feedback about what could be done better.

drx.94

Haha fafalone! It just takes (nearly) the whole city!  :P

kevinaj

:o (Filled with envy)  :thumbsup: Better than all of mine!
I love airplanes.

Haljackey

Wow, awesome airport Fafalone!

QuoteI lotted the AC787s and tabi's a340 and a380; thinking about releasing them somewhere.

Please do.  I saw you tried to host them on some public site but you had to pay for downloads.  Perhaps the STEX may be what you're looking for.  Everyone loves the super-jumbos and next-gen airplanes!

Cyclone1001

Quote from: Haljackey on February 04, 2010, 07:43:39 PM
Wow, awesome airport Fafalone!

Please do.  I saw you tried to host them on some public site but you had to pay for downloads.  Perhaps the STEX may be what you're looking for.  Everyone loves the super-jumbos and next-gen airplanes!
If he doesn't then I will. I have most of them ready.

firdausabdullah

Wow, that's one massive airport Fafalone you got there!

I got something that might interest your airport authority "Deal $ $ Since I installed the BAT tool, I had done a number of airport ground handling stuffs, one of them is the Towbarless tug, which I name as the 'F747 Super Tug' . I have used it in my airport and they look pretty good. Thanks to Joel 'joelyboy911' for the useful tips and technical advice on developing the tug. I might upload it with the rest of the stuff to lex and stex when I have settled some minor technical issues. Well, enjoy the pictures;)

-firdaus -

While the old tug is still in use, Hygheaven airport authority is starting to replace their heavy tug spankingly with the new F747 Super Tug. The lucky airplane that was greeted by the F747 ST is this Virgin Atlantic airbus.
[img] http://www.ld-host.de/uploads/images/85f2a2668efdcd67a2c54ba5e4bba701.jpg [/ img]

The F747 ST pulling the VA to the passenger bridge on arrival from London.
[img] http://www.ld-host.de/uploads/images/9930a573d4d864637a49eb5931aab011.jpg [/ img]

More of the F747 ST in the cargo depot waiting to be delivered to more launch customers. The whites are for AF and the blue ones are for KLM.
[img] http://www.ld-host.de/uploads/images/d83ac45e97fd2513f4915a7ada5f59fe.jpg [/ img]

feliwi

@firdaus: You're tug is really looking incredible, I've always waited to see something like this.
@fafalone: Your airport already looks pretty cool. But I would suggest some little things to make it look even better. You should use at least one addtional taxiway between your apron and your runway, and I would improve the design and layout of the landside roads. But it already looked very impressive!
@kevinaj: Your airport looks very impressive as well but there are some beauty-mistakes. There is only one taxiway to your concourses, which are quite long. Imagine a plane has to stop on one of these taxiways, then no other plane can find a ways out to the runways. Apart from this is really looks quite cool!
@Zacharuno: Very nice airport. It can be expanded very easily. As well you have a love for detail. My only suggestion would be a add a bit more apron (for standing, future bus gates and so on). Apart from this, my respect at your work!

I will try to upload pics of one of mine airports as well, but it will probably take some time

Eliteforce

First Custom airport I've ever built. It's only regional size. But it will grow as the region grows.

RBC

Nice one, Eliteforce!

I've also finished my first custom made airport. Actually I'm not so much into airports, but for the realistic look it's the only way. I have to admit that. This is Eppley Airfield, the largest airport in Omaha, Nebraska:

josh6

Well heres my Airport

Its a large Airport with 4 runways and 4 modular terminals out side of the the main section in the center

This airport has more of an emphasis on Asiatic flights

More pics

[imghttp://i45.tinypic.com/18nogp.jpg[/img]http://

I'm building another one in a contest over on Simtropolis

Cyclone1001

WC_EEND

Quote from: Cyclone1001 on February 15, 2010, 11:22:33 AM
Last pic= WOW!

couldn't agree more

I really sould start playing some more SC4 :D
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

fafalone

My airport has become the primary hub for Air France, which has its own terminal, concourses, and cargo area. Virgin and Emirates also have hubs here.

Click for full size (2901x1530 mosaic/1.8MB JPG).

antimonycat

Another shot of Endora's airstation and its landing platforms, this time at night.

hconline

AMAZING pic Antimony... Could totally submit that to picture contest!  &apls &apls
Life is like a butterfly, ephemeral, yet beautiful beyond belief. -Me

firdausabdullah

Josh6 - You got a really massive airport there, how long did it take for you to do it? I also followed you post in ST. Great stuff  :thumbsup:
fafalone - Amazing, is the only word to describe it.  &apls
antimonycat - Yes, I totally support that idea, great futuristic image. Could well deserve a place in HOF &bis&