• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Eloaria (23 April 2016- City near the river)

Started by Kergelen, October 07, 2011, 02:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

Really cool RHW work  &apls  Outstanding work in general and the overview picture is especially nice  :thumbsup:

RickD

Looks very nice. I like how realistic the railway's bridge approach is in pic 8.3.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

bat

Great update on 14th December!
The first update of 2012 is also great!
Beautiful overview.
Looking forward to more...

kbieniu7

Superb!  :thumbsup: Using RHW2 you have made a good choice n my opinion - dual carriageway highway would be too big for this area. Now looks better.  :)
I like the railways - many curves between trees smash the grid a bit ;) By the way, I suggest you to use, for example, more grass or bushes to hide "stairs" on the fields.
But you are also inspiring me. I was thinking how to mix CP's and Girafe's trees, especially at Italia terrain mod - and I can see your effect is quite nice! I must think about it more, trying at my region  ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Dantes

The road system looks great and is very convenient.  &apls I like how you equip an ancient landscape with a modern RHW.  :thumbsup:

dedgren

Kergelen, hi!  I'm going to "unlurk," as it were, for a minute and say that with Eloria you have created a quite credible rural European countryside feel.  I particularly liked your update of December 17th, and can only imagine the time it takes to search out and place lots and plops that create such an integrated feeling of antiquity carried forward into modern times.  I agree with kbieniu7 that the RHW-2 used as a "Super-2" is the perfect regional road for what you have created, as we saw similar RL equivalents in the same sort of countryside as we traveled through southeastern France last fall.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

art128

Great looking farmlands. That one tile highway is wonderfully placed.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Kergelen

rambuckel: Thanks! Have a nice time with the RHW. :)
Noa: Thanks! It was my first RHW work ;D
RickD: Many Thanks! :)
Bat: Many thanks! I hope 2012 will be a good year. :)
Kbieniu7: The next time I'll make field without the "stairs". With some diagonal texture lots or with MMP. Many thanks! :thumbsup:
Dantes: Many thanks! As you said I wanted to do like in the RL, medieval city with modern infrastructure.
dedgren: I'm glad you have stopped to comment on my region. Yes, quite work due to most of the city are growable and I spend a lot of time making lots for every stage and wealth. As you said I wanted to "connect" an ancient village into the modern times and I appreciated you have noted it . My goal is in the future create a better credible cities and landscapes. Of course I have learned a lot with this medieval citiy and if today would build again, would be better. Many thanks! :)
art128: Many thanks! :)

This update is something new.
With the medieval city of Liaudginai,  I realize one of my dreams with SimCity4: build a medieval walled city. So I close this phase and start another when I'll build the capital of the region, wich I will show in future updates and will be a different style. But before, I want to show this update of natural environment and inspired by a real swamp. The "Panta de Sau" reservoir, located near Barcelona. As in other reservoirs was built where formerly there had been a village and now the old bell tower of the church stands out of the water. It is a very appreciated place in Catalonia.
And I want to dedicate these update to Girafe, that recently announced his retirement (perhaps someday he'll return?). ::)

Thanks The Floraler

A part from the borders, no photoshop on the pictures.

Hope you like it! And your comments are very appreciated! :)

Links to SC4 websites

carlfatal

Oops - best place for a church!  :D
This is a splendid idea and perfectly done. Wonderful details at the shore, also the people kayaking around the old tower. Horrible only: i can´t stop looking...  $%Grinno$%
Keep it on, this MD becomes a more than nice one!   :thumbsup:
Greetz, Carl

Framly

What a great idea &apls very unique ;)

Your landscaping is also very nice

Keep it on my friend :thumbsup:

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

bat

rambuckel

Wow Kergelen, those pictures are fantastic! Every single little scene is so detailed and the idea with the sunken church is just great!

&apls &apls rambuckel  &apls &apls
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

noahclem

Beautiful update!  &apls &apls &apls

Just beautiful work with the MMPs and water. Both seasons look very nice  :thumbsup:

Nanami

Nice work! how could you put it like that?   :thumbsup:

Battlecat

The flooded church is a great touch!  Looks great!

Yan077

Excellent update ! Great use of the VIP MMP's stuff !
You have some strange places near Barcelona  $%Grinno$% the church in the lake is a fantastic touch  &apls

nbvc

harryloko20

ur skills and ur props are awesome, u have a fan from brazil, ME :D, i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ur Diary !!!!, wonderful !!! , i want all props what u use hahha *-* , land how u create awesome florest ? :o i never get it with props :(

Kergelen

Quote from: 976 on January 16, 2012, 03:30:37 AM
Nice work! how could you put it like that?   :thumbsup:

Thanks 976! You can use the attached file in the first post of this board http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11555.0, or use the file in the Diagonal Bridge Enable to remove the water. :thumbsup:

Quote from: harryloko20 on January 16, 2012, 03:36:48 PM
ur skills and ur props are awesome, u have a fan from brazil, ME :D, i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ur Diary !!!!, wonderful !!! , i want all props what u use hahha *-* , land how u create awesome florest ? :o i never get it with props :(

Thanks! All the seasonal trees are from Girafe and Orange. You can found on the LEX searching by creator. And others are from Vnaoned in the VIP Rural Pack avilable on the STEX. :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

harryloko20

I found them , Thank you .... but just for curious, how much is folder plugins is? 4GB+? Hahaha ,And, what is the plugin u used in  pic 9.3 , the road dirth , i dont found here in lex :s , and how u create ur regions...You draw a design on paper before moving on to a program that makes the region? But I entered this forum because of your diary, it's really amazing ... looking forward to new images ... I have some "prop" the Lex dowloaded from here, some you have ... and so I've also got some ST ... you have inspired me to use props ... and I never really wore an air of incredible realism ... and how to create all sorts of things, as you do.!