• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Version June 2007

Started by Andreas, June 01, 2007, 03:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snorrelli

Happy Birthday, Andreas - and thanks!
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

Tarkus

Travis, that's a really weird glitch there.  (4 billion Simoleans? :o)  I'd definitely say you have some sort of conflicting plugin there.    Looks like it may be related to something that would go on your Misc Transit menu.  I would suggest moving a few suspects out of your plugins, and seeing if that will solve the issue.  Also, you should possibly even look at uninstalling the NAM, running the included Cleanitol file, and reinstalling the NAM. 

I'm guessing its some other lot, likely something Transit-Enabled or at least Transit-Related, though.

-Alex

Travis

I'll definitely try that Alex, but with a 4 gigabyte plugin folder, it gives new meaning to the term "needle in a haystack".  :D
Thanks for the help!

nwelsh

Travis, did you install all of the items in the GLR Station Patch?  If so, take out the plugins for the stations that you do not have, and keep the patches for the stations that you do have.  I had the same problem, and this fixed it.  I hope it helps you.
nwelsh

Travis

Hey, I never thought of that! Thanks a lot nwelsh!   &dance

Yoder7652

happy b-day Andreas....just tried the new NAM out and....**drum roll**...I LOVE IT. The new GLR/avenue pieces are amazing...really great work to everyone in the NAM team!

l.h.

great job on the nam mode fellas.

Shadow Assassin

QuoteIf you start dragging there with the el-rail tool, the tracks change to GLR automatically. It's a bit tricky to use at first, but you'll get used to it soon.

Tricky? Yeah, right. It's so much easier to use compared to the old GLR. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

bat

Thanks for uploading the new NAM! :thumbsup:

MAS71

&apls Hi Andreas and A Happy Birth Day again !! &apls

and Thank you very much for sharing a NEW-NAM and  useful many added new parts in it!!
I'll try to test it and I'll introduce and guide of it for JPN too ;)

Thank you again Andreas and great NAM development staffs too from JPN!! &apls

A200

Hi,
This sort of hard to explain,
I have done everything said in the instructions:
1) Uninstalled NAM January
2) Did Cleanitol thingy
3) Installed the NAM Essentials
4) Installed NAM itself
5) Installed the bridges not included in NAM

I noticed the following issues:
ALL my roads disappeared (I had the Euro road mod installed)
NONE of the new NAM features work, the icons are there but nothing happens when I select them

Do you know whats wrong?

callagrafx

Do all these again but install NAM BEFORE the NAM Essentials.

1) Do Cleanitol
2) Install NAM itself
3) Install the NAM Essentials
4) Install the bridges not included in NAM
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

RippleJet

I went to bed early last night and missed all this! :o
What a perfect day it was yesterday... first wouanagaine's X and now the new NAM... &apls
I hope you got some time over for celebrating yourself as well, Andreas! ()flower()

cityhawk

Thank you for this new NAM, Andreas Roth and everybody else that worked on it! Thanks for spending so much time and effort to give to the community like this! Your work is truly appreciated!!

One question, though: I can't find the uninstall.exe file for the Jan. 2007 NAM, so would it be okay if I just deleted the files from my computer manually?

Wait, another question: How do you load the Cleanitol_NetworkAddonMod.txt in BSC Cleanitol TM? Yes, I have the BSC Cleanitol TM program, and yes I've downloaded the new NAM files, but I haven't installed them yet because the readme says to run BSC Cleanitol TM first, but I can't figure out how to load the .txt file in it...please help!
God is awesome!

mikeseith

Fantastic work everyone, once more you've made the old game new again...love the draggable GLR!
&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
Now we wait for those wider oneways and highways. 

Naufragus

Quote from: cityhawk on June 02, 2007, 10:56:12 AM
Thank you for this new NAM, Andreas Roth and everybody else that worked on it! Thanks for spending so much time and effort to give to the community like this! Your work is truly appreciated!!

One question, though: I can't find the uninstall.exe file for the Jan. 2007 NAM, so would it be okay if I just deleted the files from my computer manually?

Wait, another question: How do you load the Cleanitol_NetworkAddonMod.txt in BSC Cleanitol TM? Yes, I have the BSC Cleanitol TM program, and yes I've downloaded the new NAM files, but I haven't installed them yet because the readme says to run BSC Cleanitol TM first, but I can't figure out how to load the .txt file in it...please help!

I just deleted the old folder.  Or rather Renamed and moved it.

Move the cleanitrol file to an easy to find location... Say desktop, open cleanitrol and just open the txt file from the location you put it.

Andreas

Quote from: cityhawk on June 02, 2007, 10:56:12 AM

Thanks, much appreciated! :)

QuoteOne question, though: I can't find the uninstall.exe file for the Jan. 2007 NAM, so would it be okay if I just deleted the files from my computer manually?

As Naufragus said, just delete the NetworkAddonMod folder, this should do the trick.

QuoteWait, another question: How do you load the Cleanitol_NetworkAddonMod.txt in BSC Cleanitol TM? Yes, I have the BSC Cleanitol TM program, and yes I've downloaded the new NAM files, but I haven't installed them yet because the readme says to run BSC Cleanitol TM first, but I can't figure out how to load the .txt file in it...please help!

That's very easy. Start Cleanitol, and click on the button in the upper right corner (the one with the tree dots). Locate the NAM Cleanitol file and then scan your plugins folder. BSC Cleanitol will give you a report, and with "Backup" you can move the files outside the plugins folder.

Some people reported an error when running Cleanitol, this could be caused by the entry "NetworkAddonMod_Translation_Plugin_française.dat" in the Cleanitol file, or more precisely, the "ç". If it happens for you as well, delete this line from the Cleanitol file (it's located at the bottom of the first block of files) and try it again. In most cases, you won't have that file anyway (unless you've installed the French NAM version from ToutSimCity).
Andreas

cityhawk

Naufragus and Andreas: Thanks, but my problem was much simpler than that: please don't laugh, but i forgot to extract the files from the compressed NAM folder, and that's why it wouldn't show up in the ... menu ;D
God is awesome!

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Snaper

I will say a big Bravo (or cheer) for all this work  to you and the NAM Team  &apls &apls

I say RESPECT  :thumbsup: And Thank you very much  ;)