• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Bridges!

Started by Ennedi, June 03, 2007, 06:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 3!

Great picture of your nice bridge, willy88! :thumbsup:

apeguy

hey ennedi, I've had the ocean river mod before, & I used all the textures together, & it looked like a stormy sea! so what you're saying is, different texture combinations look like different things, cool! :P

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Ennedi

Quote from: apeguy on September 10, 2007, 02:01:54 PM
hey ennedi, I've had the ocean river mod before, & I used all the textures together, & it looked like a stormy sea! so what you're saying is, different texture combinations look like different things, cool! :P

Read the readme carefully, there are examples in it! :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

RickD

Here is one of my Autobahn-bridges:

Constructive criticism is very welcome.  :)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Madeira aka Constantina

That's a pretty good shot at it, but close ups might give better detail

Ennedi

@RickD:

Your bridge is very well done :thumbsup:
The general view is excellent - both the bridge and the river  (and especially islands  &apls)
It is a huge bridge and you had very good idea with parking/service areas on both ends. But you can improve something in these places. Here are my suggestions (of course you decide  ;)):

1. Remove both windmills, they look unrealistic in such place. If you want to have power, put an SFBT Stromgenerator (it is 1x1 lot with a fence and small diesel generator, it will look very good here. If you don't have it, I think you will find it on SimCity Plaza or Simtropolis.
2. The end with the tunnel entrance: leave the parking, small PEG's building and viewpoint as they are. Move the highway exit 2 tiles closer to the tunnel entrance. Why? It would be good to hide transitions from one grass texture to another. You can do it using trees (or better bushes) around both parking areas. And there is the only place at this exit you can't do it. If you move the exit by 2 tiles, you will be able to hide an ugly lot corner.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Travis

I'll pitch in one from my MD...

:thumbsup:

Chrisadams3997

Willy88: Nice close up, a lot of times I forget just how good the bridges in SC4 really look at that zoom.

RickD: That looks cool, the bridge and the terrain just make a really awesome combination.  The only thing is the grass transitions in the close ups as Ennedi pointed out.

Travis: I like it, the embankment and sea walls give it a very clean, planned out appearance, and I really like the road passing under the bridge there at the waters edge.  What lot is that making the underpass, don't think I've seen it before?

dragonshardz

i think its part of the japanese highwalls set, which is the embankment set he's using.

bat

Fantastic looking pictures of your great bridges, RickD and Travis!

Gaston

Hmmmmm, for some reason I can't seem to look at Travis' picture.   I just get the dreaded "X".     Not sure why.    I'd love to see it.   I'm really curious about the embankments.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Travis

Imageshack is acting weird tonight, did the same with several of my pictures. Anyway, I re-uploaded it and it should work now.  :thumbsup:

EDIT: I'll hunt down the link for that underpass, too. :thumbsup:

Gaston

Okay,   thanks I can see it well.   Very nicely done indeed.    Those are Jeronij's seawalls I think.   But I to want to know:
QuoteWhat lot is that making the underpass, don't think I've seen it before?
That is really kool.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

RickD

Hi Ennedi!
This are some great and useful tipps. I will try to do this. Thanks.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

rooker1

Here are a few pics from the two really big updates I did in my MD yesterday.

Robin   ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Beautiful looking pictures of your bridges, Robin! :thumbsup:

Dark_Jedi06

The Punt da Trais'Arvieut (Bridge of Three Arches) as seen in my CJ:

;D

I like the train bridge rooker, especially the placement of the piers and the foliage underneath, however it would look a lot better with a train running over it. :thumbsup:
...this space to be filled soon...

thundercrack83

Can't get enough of that bridge, Dark_Jedi! Outstanding job!

bat

Wonderful picture of that bridge, Dark_Jedi06!! :thumbsup: