• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New NAM??

Started by Alek King of SC4, January 03, 2007, 07:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alek King of SC4

Anybody have info on the possible new version of the NAM? maybe a new features list?

mjig_dudy

Well i had a lookie at the German version (link)
The biggest addition is the underground rail puzzle pieces
There is also the curved rail piece, and some useful diagonal street pieces.

thats all thats new, i think.

Gaston

I am really tempted to DL the German version but I have dial-up so I don't wanna spend all that tme just to have to replace it with the English version as soon as Dirk gets it up on ST.   From what I have seen it looks pretty kool.    I'm hoping someone might post a few more shots of the new stuff for us to see here.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Alek King of SC4

hmm sounds okay i really had my hopes set on ground highway onslope puzzle pices to conntect with elevated highway, guess i will just have to wait and see, the curved rail is interesting but i will have to see how that works, thanks for the replies and if anyone can offer anything new that would be cool.

%BUd%

Gaston

I just remembered that David has a picture of the curved rail piece at 3RR in the mayor's diaries.   You might check that out.     

---Gaston
白龍

WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Fukuda

Hmmmmm...
New things
"$Deal"$

(I was planning to make the highway onslope piece)
Back to europe ;D

Gaston

Thanks Fukuda for the preview.    Can't wait till Dirk uploads the new Nam onto ST.    It looks sweet.

---Gaston
白龍

KyNYC

Looking forward to the New NAM!  Thanks in advance to all those who have worked hard on it!

derek_pearce

if u cant wait for the new nam add me to msn and im able to send it to you since i have it  ;D "$Deal"$
Signature comming soon

vab423

Quote from: derek_pearce on January 03, 2007, 10:40:22 PM
if u cant wait for the new nam add me to msn and im able to send it to you since i have it  ;D "$Deal"$
Are you one of the creators?  Don't you think it would be detracting from their hard work if you started distributing it freely and, I assume, without their consent?

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

derek_pearce

well i guess first ill ahev to ask them but im sure since its already released at simszone its ok or if im worng then forget it.
Signature comming soon

Alek King of SC4

so there are on slope ground highway pieces? if not i don't think i am gonna download this new NAM there doesn't look like any thing i really need. thanks for the pics  &apls

vab423

alek king, I don't know about the highway pieces but there are some cool additions.  i like the curved rail and the diagonal street pieces. 

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

Alek King of SC4

the curved rail looks interesting but i have questions are they puzzle pieces, if so how many tiles do they take up, can you build right up to the curves? will the curved sections always have no base texture?

and i thought we already had diagonal streets, what is different about these?

vab423

Ah, but these are special diagonal street puzzle-type pieces.  There are several of varying lengths that you can plop -- much better than the current method of right, left, right, left, right left -- very cool and ergonomic, to boot.  Also, the diagonal pieces are more slope friendly (I hope that's a good way to describe it) than the current method of laying diagonal streets.

The curve looks to be about 7x3 tiles and I don't know about the rest of what you asked. 

(uh, looks over shoulder, is it ok to be talking about this or am I ruining the suspense? -- if i shouldn't be telling you this, then please ignore what i've just said - i don't know what i'm talking about)

Gaston

Okay, I've given in.   I am dl'n the German NAM.   Andreas said it was okay.   So I don't feel too guilty.    I'm assuming I just need to unzip to the plugins.    (readme will be in German)    But Andreas said to delete the German translation file.   I wasn't sure which that is.    Anybody DL'd it from simzone.de and know what file to delete?    I just couldn't wait for it any longer and Simtropolis seems to be having so many problems as of late.   I'm not even sure when they are gonna find Dirk to upload it.     Oh well, as someone important (John F. Kennedy) once said linkie "Ich bin ein Berliner."   Wait doesn't that mean I am a doughnut?   Hmmmm,   Well you are what you eat they say.

---Gaston
白龍

FromTheAshes

Quote from: Gaston on January 04, 2007, 06:49:42 PM
Oh well, as someone important (John F. Kennedy) once said linkie "Ich bin ein Berliner."   Wait doesn't that mean I am a doughnut?   Hmmmm,   Well you are what you eat they say.

---Gaston
Looool, yes, that's the meaning  $%Grinno$%
I think the file you're searching for is the "NetworkAddonMod_Translation_Plugin_deutsch.dat". Save before trying it, so you don't have to re-install if it's not the searched file ;)
Visit Vorsfelde.

Gaston

Thank you FromTheAshes,
   I have always found it funny that his speach writers didn't catch that.      I wish now I had taken German in college when I had the chance.    It always interested me.    I can usually do a fairly descent job of reading it.   Not the details just a few of the main words.

Thanks Again for the info.
---Gaston
白龍

FromTheAshes

Well, german is a dificult language to learn but allways useful I think...
Ok, if you any problems, feel free to ask.
Back to topic now, you can write me a personal amssage if you want  /&HiPP/%
Visit Vorsfelde.

vab423

@Gaston, you should be able to follow the prompts, even if they're in German. Just remember to click the + for the different options so you can select the optional components (path finding, etc).