• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

Quote from: FrankU on November 06, 2013, 06:47:04 AM
RRW RULs!

I see what you did there. ::)  :D

It's getting boring but it can't be said enough: fantastic work Willy!  &apls

Also, I'm really hoping elevated STR (be it pp or draggable) will become reality someday!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Meeston

Quote from: vortext on November 06, 2013, 09:35:10 AM
Quote from: FrankU on November 06, 2013, 06:47:04 AM
RRW RULs!

I see what you did there. ::)  :D

It's getting boring but it can't be said enough: fantastic work Willy!  &apls

Also, I'm really hoping elevated STR (be it pp or draggable) will become reality someday!  :thumbsup:
we don't know when the next NAM to be release.
this is Meeston. the best SimCity gamer.

MandelSoft

Meeston, do you have to reply on every single posts on the NAM board? This comes off as spamming...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Meeston

Quote from: MandelSoft on November 06, 2013, 10:18:40 AM
Meeston, do you have to reply on every single posts on the NAM board? This comes off as spamming...
no.  /wrrd%&
this is Meeston. the best SimCity gamer.

Indiana Joe

Kuewr665

Fine with me.

The current viaduct looked too historic for my preferences. I know this would require a lot of model creation, but concrete viaducts would fit better for modern or industrial railroads.

Indiana Joe

Quote from: Kuewr665 on November 06, 2013, 02:53:22 PM
Fine with me.

The current viaduct looked too historic for my preferences. I know this would require a lot of model creation, but concrete viaducts would fit better for modern or industrial railroads.

They already exist.  Made by Rivit three years ago.  They're available in the NAM installer I believe.

In case I'm wrong, here's a link

Kuewr665

Swordmaster

The last RAM piece is on the drawing board. . .

Cheers
Willy

agunter999

Could we have a piece where the track split into 2 separate STR bits,
Removed sig, as it linked to a site that promotes unauthorized "modpacks" (see #10 on Site Rules). -Admin

Simcoug

Quote from: Swordmaster on November 07, 2013, 08:25:05 AM
The last RAM piece is on the drawing board. . .

I love it - great looking texture  &apls

gn_leugim

thanks for your time and explanation it makes a lot more sense know  :thumbsup: I'll be looking forward to see those changes you promise, by the pictures I think I may know more or less what they are, but let's wait to prove them eheh =)

Regarding the new textures, once again, great job !  :thumbsup:

Gugu3

Like Agunter i'm interested in the idea of having a STR to 2STR puzzle piece...think many others are actually interested...probably you too Willy :D I'm just wondering if that is possible...think I've seen a piece like that somewhere on the RAM thread or maybe in 3RR posted by Dedgren...any ideas about it Willy?of course it is not a priority and might just be just an idea for future development...even though i think you've already taken such a puzzle piece into consideration ;)
Guglielmo

Kuewr665

For those, I think modifying the existing crossover pieces so that the mainline tracks have bidirectional paths should be done to work properly.

Swordmaster

I'm redoing my previously sloppy diagonal S curves. Who takes the bait? ;D

Winner gets a cookie. Or more probably, arctan (cookie/2).

Quote from: agunter999 on November 07, 2013, 11:32:24 AM
Could we have a piece where the track split into 2 separate STR bits,

Which track? STR track (that exists already) or DTR track? Following the RHW nomenclature, the former would be the STR A1 switch while the latter would be a DTR D1 switch.

Quote from: Gugu3 on November 07, 2013, 02:35:38 PMLike Agunter i'm interested in the idea of having a STR to 2STR puzzle piece...think many others are actually interested...probably you too Willy :D I'm just wondering if that is possible...think I've seen a piece like that somewhere on the RAM thread or maybe in 3RR posted by Dedgren...any ideas about it Willy?of course it is not a priority and might just be just an idea for future development...even though i think you've already taken such a puzzle piece into consideration ;)
Guglielmo

I think you meant DTR to 2x STR since the one you described already exists (see above). And it's definitely a necessary piece, though I've not thought of the design yet.

Cheers
Willy

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Swordmaster

Swordmaster

WINNAR!!!

Those pesky engineers. . .  $%Grinno$%

Here's cookies:

Cheers
Willy

Girafe

Indeed I did approximation and it changes a lot, I think Arne is good.

I got 11.465 but with 3dsmax and not mathematically
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    *