• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to create Plopable items for the Mayor Menu

Started by jeronij, January 13, 2007, 05:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeronij

Quote from: RippleJet on January 13, 2011, 03:20:56 AM
Isn't that the texture range that Tropod reserved?

Thanks for the extra info...  ;) ... and no-thanks for your idea about updating the id's ranges list... havent worked that much in quite a while...   ::)  $%Grinno$%  :D :D

Quote from: Badsim on January 13, 2011, 08:36:07 AM
Hi ,

I've just been successful to create my very first Mayor Mod Ploppable item , thanks to this great & clear tutorial !  :thumbsup:

The link about how to create custom icons by Deadwoods at Simtropolis doesn't work anymore ... could you give us another link , if this tutorial or another one is available somewhere ? Thanks .  :)

For information , I have chosen 1962#### as personal range without having requested for one , let me know if it's OK for you . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

Glad to hear that the tutorial has been useful Cedric  :thumbsup: ¡¡, and added your range to the list  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Badsim

Quote from: Lowkee33 on January 13, 2011, 09:57:46 AM

Travis has a good tutorial Here.

I use PIMX.  The upside to PIMX is that you can use one image and it will scale and duplicate it for you.  The downside is that you can't make custom borders.  You can only change Icons on a plopable in PIMX as well. 

Thanks Carl for these informations  :thumbsup: ... it looks quite easy and not that much time consuming . 
That's good to have always something to learn . ;D

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

JayStimson

I'd like to reserve BA30**** if that's possible. Thanks.
BTW, I think this is a great service you provide. Much appreciated.
Freedom is never free.

jeronij

Quote from: JayStimson on January 26, 2011, 11:36:58 AM
I'd like to reserve BA30**** if that's possible. Thanks.
BTW, I think this is a great service you provide. Much appreciated.

Done, and thanks for your kind feedback  ;)  :thumbsup: ¡¡
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Silur

May reserve for me C56C**** if that's possible. Thanks.

jeronij

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

kodlovag

Heblem using 2AB4****
Simfox using 5F83****

I started to use 5F85****  (how my texture range starts)
Visit my MD, welcome to Archipelago

jeronij

Quote from: kodlovag on April 08, 2011, 05:25:41 AM
Heblem using 2AB4****
Simfox using 5F83****

I started to use 5F85****  (how my texture range starts)

OK, added, added and added  :thumbsup:

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

yann

it's so difficulte !  I need your help jeronij

thanks in advance

Lowkee33

This tutorial explains what you need to do to get what you want.

It's pretty close to the same thing as with the pylons.  If you open a working Mayor Mode Plopable in Reader and change the RKT to your model, you will plant that model in-game.

The difference is that you don't want to overwrite the MMP that you originally switched.  This is where changing the Instance and the other properties comes in.

DCMetro2834

I am trying to make a MM plopable after this lot: http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/15878-wild-west-wells-fargo/.

The lot has all the aspects that you need for the tutorial except for the LTEXT files. This lot comes with a DAT file in the folder when you download it; nothing else is included besides a Readme.

I am really confused, to be honest. Can this DAT file even be turned into a MM plopable?

Thanks,

DC

nbvc

Can you add my range to the list?
4B7C**** nbvc

supremec

Click on the banner to see my BATs

jeronij

Quote from: supremec on August 03, 2011, 09:22:49 AM
And my range?
73C***** supremec

Done...

Quote from: nbvc on July 16, 2011, 05:00:20 AM
Can you add my range to the list?
4B7C**** nbvc

... and done too ;)

Quote from: DCMetro2834 on July 12, 2011, 08:24:32 PM
I am trying to make a MM plopable after this lot: http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/15878-wild-west-wells-fargo/.

The lot has all the aspects that you need for the tutorial except for the LTEXT files. This lot comes with a DAT file in the folder when you download it; nothing else is included besides a Readme.

I am really confused, to be honest. Can this DAT file even be turned into a MM plopable?

Thanks,

DC

Its been a long time since I made the last MMP mod, and I dont recall everything 100%, but missing LTETX files should not be a problem. You can add LTEXT files to the DAT with the Reader and then simply change the ID's and text strings to the ones you want, or you can copy two LTEXT files from another mod and copy them into the DAT and modify them.

Hope it is not too late to help... ;)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

DCMetro2834

Quote from: jeronij on August 03, 2011, 12:03:16 PM
Its been a long time since I made the last MMP mod, and I dont recall everything 100%, but missing LTETX files should not be a problem. You can add LTEXT files to the DAT with the Reader and then simply change the ID's and text strings to the ones you want, or you can copy two LTEXT files from another mod and copy them into the DAT and modify them.

Hope it is not too late to help... ;)

Oh, okay, thanks for the reply. :)

It's not too late :) , even though I was just toying with the idea of making MMPs. I need to learn more about the Reader and general and learn all the terms before I can do it effectively.

Thanks again,

DC

netmod

mooooooooooooooooo...

jeronij

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *