• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to create Plopable items for the Mayor Menu

Started by jeronij, January 13, 2007, 05:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simcoug

I would like to request 'C008' as an ID range.  Thank you in advance.

jeronij

Hello to all,

It seems I missed some posts, and I apologize :)

Quote from: vortext on March 07, 2012, 01:02:07 PM
Does this apply to tree controllers as well? If so I would like to reserve the EEEE**** range.

Sorry, this is for plop items only :(

Quote from: mrbisonm on May 25, 2012, 04:37:12 AM
I would like to add and reserve my personal ID range please.........*2707*, as I hope that it is not taken yet. Thanks and Greetings.

Fred

Done ¡¡ ;)

Quote from: Simcoug on June 04, 2012, 06:44:07 AM
I would like to request 'C008' as an ID range.  Thank you in advance.

... and done again ¡¡ :D

Hope everything is up to date now :)

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

vortext

Quote from: jeronij on June 04, 2012, 11:10:07 AM

Does this apply to tree controllers as well? If so I would like to reserve the EEEE**** range.

Could I still reserve this range though, already started using it (see link in signature). Moreover, exemplars for MMPs and tree controller are the same (except for a few properties) so it would be inconvenient if someone started releasing MMPs within this same range, creating weird and unwanted interactions between the two. Besides, I'm planning to release a few mmps as well.  ;)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

jeronij

Quote from: vortext on June 04, 2012, 11:16:00 AM
Quote from: jeronij on June 04, 2012, 11:10:07 AM

Could I still reserve this range though, already started using it (see link in signature). Moreover, exemplars for MMPs and tree controller are the same (except for a few properties) so it would be inconvenient if someone started releasing MMPs within this same range, creating weird and unwanted interactions between the two. Besides, I'm planning to release a few mmps as well.  ;)

Ok, if you know what you are doing, no problem then ;)  Added :D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

vortext

time flies like a bird

Kergelen

Hi,

I would like to reserve 82AA**** range.

Gràcies :)

Links to SC4 websites

jeronij

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites

JayStimson

I am trying to use VIP's new flora, the lilypads specifically, in conjunction with PEG's tahoe ploppable water (1x and 1/4x sizes and the lilipad plop as well) but the VIP lilypads are either partially covered (z stripe issue) or hidden completely. Is there a rep in the flora parameter file that can raise them a bit or is this simply determined by the model and nothing can be done ?
Freedom is never free.

vortext

There isn't anything in the flora parameters that controls the height of the model. However you could use Cogeo's SC4Model tweaker to raise the model a bit or alternatively look up the specific MMP exampler file and convert it to Resource Key Type 4 to offset the model that way.
time flies like a bird

JayStimson

Quote from: vortext on June 30, 2012, 07:19:15 AM
There isn't anything in the flora parameters that controls the height of the model. However you could use Cogeo's SC4Model tweaker to raise the model a bit or alternatively look up the specific MMP exampler file and convert it to Resource Key Type 4 to offset the model that way.

The Model Tweaker worked like a charm. Raised the model .3 meters and perfecto.
Many thanks.
Freedom is never free.

JayStimson

Now for another question. I know, I'm a PITA.
Orange made the most beautiful trees I've seen yet (Fagus and Aesculus) (no offense to other creators)
and he made them as MMP items. I'd love to make them into props so I can use them in my custom lots but the PIM doesn't recognize the .dat model file. Can someone tell me how to copy and mod his model file to make props ?
Freedom is never free.

vortext

Quote from: JayStimson on July 24, 2012, 01:42:02 PM
but the PIM doesn't recognize the .dat model file.

()what() Should work properly. Maybe redownload again and make sure you've loaded the correct file, VIP_Or_Aesculus_Props.dat or VIP_Or_Fagus_Props.dat
time flies like a bird

JayStimson

I re-downloaded and re-installed but same result. I put the .dat file in the plugins directory as usual
but PIM still doesn't see it. Any other ideas ?
BTW, I've had this happen with other .dat (model) files so this is not unusual.
Freedom is never free.

vortext

Well it is unusual for me at least. If you're familiar with the Reader you could try the following. Best to it in an empty folder btw as you'll end up with a large amount of single files.

Open the file, select all the FSH & S3D files, right-click and choose 'save as decoded'. Next open an empty. dat file, right-click, choose 'insert file' and select all the FSH & S3D files (but not the TGI files). Reindex and save .dat file.

time flies like a bird

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

JayStimson

@vortext:
I tried what you suggested but no luck. Not sure why PIM doesn't see the models sometimes.
You'd think they would show up in the model list so you could drag each one to prop but no luck.
Thanks for trying.
Freedom is never free.

mrbisonm

Quote from: JayStimson on July 24, 2012, 04:58:33 PM
I re-downloaded and re-installed but same result. I put the .dat file in the plugins directory as usual
but PIM still doesn't see it. Any other ideas ?
BTW, I've had this happen with other .dat (model) files so this is not unusual.

Just to make sure: Do NOT put (or leave) these file in a subfolder. They must be directly in the Plugins.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

JayStimson

Okay. I have working props now using a much faster and simpler method. Thought I would share.
Made a set of dummy models in gmax (little boxes) and exported them. One for each version of the trees. Used the PIM to make them into previewable props. Replaced the resource key type 1 record in the .desc file with the one from Orange's file so it would point to the correct model. Deleted the dummy box model files. Now all is right with the world. They show up in the LE and the game perfectly. Fast and effective. Who could ask for more.

mrbisonm: yes. i no dat. i be doing this stuff awhile. thanks 4 the input ne way. i nose u just be tryin' to help.
Freedom is never free.

vortext

Doh, of course! Why didn't I think of that.   &Thk/(  :D

And you don't even need to make dummy models first, you can just copy an existing exemplar file, generate a new instance and redirect the RKT1. Glad you've got it working!  :thumbsup:

EDIT, by the way, as for the models not showing in the PIM. I realised this does happen to me too from time-to-time but only when there're special characters in the folder name, like & , - , or just a space. Maybe that's the culprit?
time flies like a bird