• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RAM Request Thread

Started by CasperVg, February 10, 2008, 12:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

Only if they were true 3D yes?

RSC18

The RAM looks like it will develop into an interesting project, I can't wait to see it add on to SC4 railroads. For requests, I would also be interested in:

• 3-Track and 4-Track rail lines, and if possible, 3 and 4 track elevated and subway lines. For the four track line, I would be interested in this arrangement: L:E:E:L, where L=local trains, and E=express trains.
  • I would also be interested in seeing a greater vairity of train types in SC4, particularly (personal opinion) Electric Multiple Unit (MU) commuter and subway cars. I would be especially interested in MU commuter and subway cars from the New York City region, and if anyone is interested in creating these, I can provide information.
  • Since someone mentioned overhead electric wires, a electrified third rail addon would also be nice (although it might be to small to be seen; if that is the case, forget about it :P)
I hope the RAM is sucessful, and I will visit the thread on many occasions to come.

[Delta ²k5]

Quote3-Track and 4-Track rail lines, and if possible, 3 and 4 track elevated and subway lines. For the four track line, I would be interested in this arrangement: L:E:E:L, where L=local trains, and E=express trains.

I think that is a very good idea. some types of new stations are the only thing that needed for that. In the city I live the trainstation has 2 main platforms, but three tracks that are running in the station. the track in the middle is used by freight trains and high speed trains (Thalys and ICE) beacause they don't stop in my little town. The other 2 Tracks are for regional service to Aachen and Cologne.

Maybe someone can make some stations like this... for 3 Track setup: P - B-F-F - P, for 4 Track setup: P - B-B-F-F - P as regional stations und for bigger stops: P - B - P - F - P - F - P and P - B-B - P - F-F - P (P = Platform, B = (Track) backward, F = (Track) forward)

Also for rural stops I think something like: B-F-B - P - F (that happens often at the "S-Bahn" here in Germany... the outer tracks are for regional (City connecting trains), the tracks with platform are for town connecting trains

Also I have a "small" request: I would like to see some stations for a rural 1 track rail that spawns a railbus instead of the standard heavy rail lines... something like Andreas Roth did with his tram set. This would add some realism and looks like a new network type, but I don't think that this will be possible, beacause the railbus will have the heavy rail cars behind... :(

greetings - Markus :)

Henry Midfields

Thanks for your story Markus. :)  Here's my rail story from Tokyo, Japan.

1. There are direct services between different lines, but many train lines in Japan, or at least in Tokyo, have their own dedicated set of tracks. Especially for the Tokyo Metro (subway), it's rare to have direct services with two metro lines, although there is going to be one in June this year. (Yurakucho Line (有楽町線) and the Fukutoshin Line (副都心線)) And the Shinkansen runs entirely on it's own set of tracks.

2. Usually, when catering for both local and express trains, four tracks are built: F-P-F - B-P-B. I haven't seen much of three-tracked stations, but there is definitely one. In Kita-Senjyu (北千住) Station, which in on the northwestern part of Tokyo, the JR Joban Line (常磐線) track-platform configuration is F - P - F/B - P - B. In other words the centre track is used as an "extra" track for express trains, in both directions. I'm not exactly sure, but it's most likely due to limited amount of space.
(F: front direction tracks, B: Back direction tracks, P: Platform)

3. I don't know the difference between the metro rail and the heavy rail; in fact, most metro lines in Tokyo have direct services with other above-ground suburban rails, (and the power is supplied by overhead power lines,) so there's very little in differences.

Yeah, there should be the four tracks (express-local) with the regular rail and the metro el-rail. I also would like a "smooth" transition LOT (BAT?) for the two versions of the four-trackers.

Duvad

This might have already been mentioned, but an ability to go from the standard 2 track to two separate 1 tracks, with each of the tracks dividing opposite ways so an island-platform station is in the middle.

eg.
TT
TPT
(...)
TPT
TPT
TPT
TT
TT

Where T = track, P = 'platform' which is really just an unused tile for us to plop our railway stations in the middle and use overhanging props so there is no gap between the track and the platform edge.

The transition from the standard 2 to the two separate 1 tracks could probably be more realistic by being gradual, and not taking place in just 2 or 3 tiles.

Edit: On inspection of real life examples in Google Earth, a whole tile and a bit is probably too wide for a standard island platform. Perhaps just having the standard 2 track split a bit within the single tile would be better.

JoeST

Duvad, There are already stations like this in existence. I think Ill Tonkso created one and there is a Japanese one too.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Duvad

It isn't stations I'm after. I want to create my own island-platform stations. I just want the tracks to split a bit so I can create my own realistic stations.

kassarc16

I'd like to see the addition of new crossing signals for Avenues, the TLA project, and the RHW.

Something like this (without traffic signals, of course):

Or this for roads:

A long while ago on ST, I believe Swamper had worked on the same request for me, and had the prop and a some of the work done on it. I believe he scrapped it because of the way diagonals were switching the props around to the wrong side.

Jonathan

This is the RAM board, Rail Addon modd, although its been pretty inactive recently. I think you meant to post in the NAM board

jplumbley

Quote from: Warrior on February 23, 2008, 02:45:53 AM
This is the RAM board, Rail Addon modd, although its been pretty inactive recently.

Reason being the person who started the RAM Thread has no clue what he is doing, and those of us who do, dont have the physical time to work on this project yet.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

CasperVg

I would also like to request, if it is possible, an onslope embanked rail (15m) to elevated rail piece. (like the embanked highway to el highway piece in the NAM). If possible, UDI compatible.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Jonathan

Like I said I'd be happy if HSR was included in RAM, but to be honest I dont know why this even has a seperate board, Seeing as SAM didn't and the RAM will have to be part of the NAM anyway. And it would probably be better if this wasn't seperated from the NAM, because (and I'm not being rude) the NAM team are more "able" to create this (That's why it's called Network Addon Mod)

Andreas

Well, I think the main reason why David set up a separate RAM board was to attract more contributors, but I don't know if that will happen. As you said, the RAM will have to be a NAM plugin anyway, so maybe it's feasible to do some forum cleanup eventually. :)
Andreas

RebaLynnTS

I see no reason for it to be seperate, either. I think trying to garner interest is the main reason, as well.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

superhands

this is more a request for modding information. im trying to convert deadwoods monorail shops into RAM shops (raised rail).
ive tried to compare morifari's/sfbt raised stations to normal low rail in reader but cant find the difference. any one with any clues or hints to wich file/property?

dave

Andreas

You have to change some properties in order to convert a monorail station into a rail station, and of course you need to change the transit enabling from monorail to rail as well. The first part should be done with the Reader, and the transit enabling can be changed with SC4Tool. When you compare the monorail station with a rail station, you might notice that the latter doesn't have the properties "SFX:AlarmSoundId" and "SFX:AlarmTime", so remove those two, if you like (it's just some ambient sound that plays if you're close to the station in the game). Also, change the "Query exemplar GUID" in order to get the rail query UI.

The next property that needs to be changed is the "Occupant Groups" - copy those from the morifari/SFBT station as well. Then change the "Query Sound" and finally the "Transit Switch Point" properties (the latter one can be done with SC4Tool's TE editor as well). Have a good look at the transit enabling in particular - you need to switch to the "Expert View" in order to access all IDs. Rep16 contains the path file ID for the rail viaducts - of you don't set these, the train will "sink" to the ground when it enters the station.
Andreas

j-dub

I don't know if this is possible, or a good idea, but a thought since the SLR-single line railway, (1 track) instead of the \//\ 2 way, if it could be done the same for highspeed/mono rail too, since mono does mean one. Definately not to forget a rail to subway transition, el-rail to rail transition, maybe as a puzzle piece, because I know there is something like this as lots, but I thought that causes problems with NAM. I don't know if this has to do with transit network, but something where it will be possible to have multiple types of trains. In example, everyone has two frieght trains and one passenger train. How, the one freight train has the old steam engine in the front, but look at the back, its the same as regular modern freight train. So this must mean more than one type of train is possible, with that I would like to request more than one passenger train at once as well.  And @kassarc16, two people at least, have tried that type of rail light/gate before, and I know for a fact that it has been done as an exemplar on filefront.com, where the gates will go down when the train comes. Can't remember who or where though.

Jonathan

I had thought about some of those things you have requested. Generally on my to-do list everything is HSR or Monorail.
1)HSR
2)GHSR
3)Double height HSR (If it's realistic)
4)Double height Monorail
5)Double decker HSR (If it's realistic)
6)Double decker Monorail
7)Single line monorail (1 way,like you said j-dub)
8)Single line GHSR
9)Single line HSR (again if it's realistic)
10) Some random fixes for monorail
11)Some Random highway pieces.

So I'm on number 1) with 3 puzzle pieces to go and T21s.
But all the HSRP (after HSR) things should be quite easy and quick to make.

superhands

thanks for the help andreas!
i have just finished modding deadwoods monorail shops for raised rail. capacity is around 5000 same as morifari's raised rail station. (thanks deadwoods for this fantastic model)

a couple of small problems. udrive it and normal timed trains disapear when they touch it (this is only visual and doesnt affect the traffic/rail network/commute). i noticed this is the same for mo's station. also, rail texture at the moment, is for el-rail.

it's people like andreas that really help get things moving. i would of been staring at a screen for hours thinking this is immpossible

ps. im not a RAM member

Andreas

Looking good so far! In order to let the automata pass the lot, you need to drag with the rail tool inside the station, so the paths get activated. This has to be done with all TE lots, even the Maxis ones.
Andreas