• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RCI buildings which grow along diagonal roads.

Started by Unassigned, May 28, 2008, 02:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unassigned

Do they exist? I'm thinking of RCI growables, more than one tile wide, which grow along diagonal roadways (road, streets, avenues....). I looked hard but could "only" find some ploppables. If such growables exist, where may they be found?

Probably they're not possible and I might even be posting in the wrong section of the forums.  ::)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

N1_2888

If you mean "diagonal" buildings: There are only CO/CS-plopables available.
As you may imagine, it would be very, very difficult to handle diagonal growables - therefore they don't exist. ;)

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

Unassigned

That is indeed what I meant. Thank you for replying.
(\__/)

RippleJet

1. Click on Power Search in LEX.
2. Select Type: Diagonal
3. Click Submit

You should find 4 uploads, by Prepo, Krio and xannepan. :thumbsup:

EDIT:
And, yes indeed, those are all ploppable, and probably the ones you already said you had found...

I think I'm off to bed... &ops

j-dub

Quote from: UnassignedIf such growables exist, where may they be found?
I don't know about RCI, but I can say I have diagonal growable residential.
On my game, I have diagonal suburban houses that somehow know to grow on the diagonal streets, but the lots themselves are still 2x2 square, the building and texture look like diagonals though. From what I have seen from Mattb325's residential work on the LEX, I think diagonal commercial growable buildings could be made from an uncommonly used sized lot, assign that building to all style sets, and if you switch the straight road requirement in the Lot Editor to neither one of the corner roads, it MAYbe possible to make a diagonal growable, but someone would need to make it. How else did Mattb325 manage to make diagonal houses actually grow on diagonal streets otherwise?

(You may want to look at show us your suburbs, page 18 to see diagonal houses on diagonal streets and curved streets in action)

Unassigned

I will see if I can grow 2x2's on diagonal streets. Meanwhile I got lucky with some 1x3 residences on diagonal streets, as shown on page 19 of "Show Us Your Suburbs".
(\__/)