• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's BATs

Started by art128, February 20, 2009, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nas-t

great station Arthur! i love the simple design.

gn_leugim

not european? it would go well in any Portuguese city I say :P

art128

Gn_Leugim - hehe, true that. :P thanks for the comment amigo. ;)

thank you as well Nas-t and vortext.

and here is the latest preview.

I changed the roof texture for a lighter one, according to a comment I received on Simtropolis. I have to say I like it with this one.

click for full size

EDIT - forgot to reduce the picture's width.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

That was a good suggestion indeed. Also like the added reflection on the turnstile, though maybe you should add bars or something to it (for example), otherwise folks can still walk onto the platform wihout checking in.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

art128

Vortext - Thanks for the suggestion, although there are no bars on the original one! :P

And now seeing this picture I feel like I forgot something... Oh that's right, the two panel telling the platforms!

Props & Texture Catalog

CasperVg

That's looking really nice Arthur! It's not even rendered and I can already not wait to put that station in my cities :)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

noahclem

Quote from: vortext on September 13, 2012, 09:06:13 AM
Simple yet elegant design? Check!
Proper textures? Check!
Decent nightlighting? Check!

Looks like a job well done to me  :thumbsup:

I'll second that!  &apls

I'm embarrassed to say I didn't even realize you BATted. This one is simple and perfect. I'm also hoping you continue and do more stations--we've had a couple good chats about realism in station length and I'd imagine you could design some very realistic stations  :thumbsup:

gn_leugim

Suggestion: some grime on the brick are, on the base of the platform, would look nice. after all is where the gravel and stuff goes :P

whatevermind

That is a nice station.  I have to say the ticket machine most catches my eye - it's so realistic.  It also caught me that it didn't have any bars, but as you point out, some don't.

art128

Thanks guys!

I'll take your suggestion into account, I'm going to make the platform again with a custom ground texture which will fit the whole thing. :P Render later this evening. ;)
I'm also going to change most of the metal textures, as suggested on ST.

Props & Texture Catalog

io_bg

Looks great! How about lengthening the shelter a bit? :P
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

art128

Thanks guys!

Here is what I got so far.

I'm not really satisfied with the foundation texture yet.

Props & Texture Catalog

Girafe

Looks already good, work with the textures is well done :)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

noahclem

I'd say the foundation texture looks quite good as it is--nice work  &apls

art128

Props & Texture Catalog

Girafe

I prefer the first version of the plateform but it's my taste. After do you have just a tiny pb with your metal which is more chrome and should be more like aluminium (less reflexive)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

gn_leugim

well my taste differs from Girafe's. I like the second one, with depth better :)

Gilikov1994

Where is the like button? A, here it is!

:thumbsup:
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

vortext

The foundation looks good, though it could use more dirt. Also, I like the previous entrance with railings on each side better, in addition to the seats being further away from it.  &mmm
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

whatevermind

The seating-ticket spacing is a little tight, looks like it would get congested, and the ticket machine nearly disappears, it's so reflective.  No ticket machine is that clean beyond the first week or so of service.  I'm a little ambiguous about 1 handrail versus 2, or even 3 - they all make sense in their own way and look OK.  I think the latest foundation works well though.  There is some weirdness in the foundation at the tip of the platform, like it should be squared off, or something.  Overall looks good though.

So, I would slide the whole seating area about a bench-length or so further down the platform, and dirty up the metal parts a little.