• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to use the GLR?

Started by WorfoSAUR, March 12, 2007, 05:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WorfoSAUR

I've never been able to figure out where the GLR is located ( Yes, I know it's puzzle pieces), or where the stations are for it.  If anyone could give me a few pointers on how exactly to use this it would be appreciated.

vester

Well, first you need to install NAM, which you probably already have.

The GLR is to be found in the Misc Transport menu, at the top.

I made a thread over at ST with an overview of GLR Stations.
Here is a quote from the thread, hope that helps you:

QuoteHow to use the GLR:
There is a known bug in the game, that is causing the game to crash, when ever you hover a puzzle piece over a thansit enable lot, like station ect.
A good way to avoide this is to lay out the track, making room for the stations. Then place the station last.
To activate the paths within the station you need to drag EL-Tracks through the station.
A good idea is to place a busstops or parking garages near the station to get the sims to use the them.

And yes that was EL-Tracks you need to drag through the station.

vester

On a side note: Forgot to add my EL-Station to that list.  &mmm

WorfoSAUR

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm going to get this into my city asap.

Gaston

Okay for as long as I have been doing this I still didn't know that I needed to run el-rails through my GLR stations for them to work.  LMAO    I really appreciate you telling why too.    I never realized that GLR was just a modded form of el-trains.  &ops  Guess you really can teach an old dog new tricks.   Thanks vester for posting that link.   If you hadn't, I still wouldn't know why my GLR stations didn't work.    Thanks again.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

thundercrack83

Quote from: Gaston on March 12, 2007, 09:53:35 PM
Okay for as long as I have been doing this I still didn't know that I needed to run el-rails through my GLR stations for them to work.  LMAO    I really appreciate you telling why too.    I never realized that GLR was just a modded form of el-trains.  &ops  Guess you really can teach an old dog new tricks.   Thanks vester for posting that link.   If you hadn't, I still wouldn't know why my GLR stations didn't work.    Thanks again.

---Gaston

Me, too! I've been ready to smash something, wondering why nobody would use this stupid GLR that took hours to construct due to multiple crashes. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle...(G.I. Joe!)

vanderaap

I've been trying to make a station, and I want to put the platforms close along the railway tracks, as done with Frogface's King's Cross (below) and Xannepan's Amsterdam Central Station. However, I can't see how I get the railway tracks to function, and I suppose it has something to do with GLR? I noticed some purple blocks showing up on the railway track overlay on both Frogface's and Xannepan's model, but I can't select these.

Glenni

They show that those tiles are transit enabled, if you don't want it to be trasnit enabled any more you either need to remove it with sc4tool or ilive reader :thumbsup:

vanderaap

Quote from: Glenni on May 01, 2007, 01:50:26 AM
They show that those tiles are transit enabled, if you don't want it to be trasnit enabled any more you either need to remove it with sc4tool or ilive reader :thumbsup:

Is there a quick way on how that is done? Can't find a decent tutorial of Ilive  ???

sarungman

the easiest way is, by using SC4Tool..... go to ST and find it in Modds and Downloads section...... :P, by using that, u can easily remove or edit that transit enabled..... :thumbsup:
:::=:::=:::=:::=:::=:::

please wait for my return :D
-AsianEvolusioner AKA Sarungman

mattb325

Vanderaap - I can't use the reader (too complicated for me) but the SC4 tool is a breeze for transit enabling almost anything you want.

If you have the SC4 tool, simply open the lot in question, check/uncheck the direction arrows, right click to add the transit and then modify the transit switch information (if necessary).
I would use an existing station which I know works well and copy those stats, or use the existing in game station and copy those stats; it depends on what you want to achieve in terms of capacity etc...

vanderaap

all right thanks for the fast replies :D going to try that

Glenni

Looking forwards too see that station of your's by the way, knowing your works it will probably OWN! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

vanderaap

Seems to work, Sc4tool is way userfriendly   thanks for your help!

dioangel

sorry to bump it..   ???

speaking of GLR having trouble. I downloaded the bus transit enbaled here in the lex. Strange thing is all the sims are using the bus instead!! The population is under 3,000.. does the NAM GLR peices have to be connected to another city?

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0