• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Robin thanks I feel OI I sooo feel like umm hidding now ******************************* ping gone lol....

Joan thanks I just honestly couldnt remember the shortcuts I used to use all the time and so you know that is the sandy bottom of the creek bed I havent gotten started yet  ;)

More replies will come as they come in and I will have another update soon thanks and now that I was refreshed in ummm some basics of taking in game pics lol.... See it goes to show you that even well seasoned player can have the lapse of becoming a beginner again IE myself now, but trust me I still know my love and my angle for this game and thats one thing I didnt give up on even though I havent done many things in the last years or so Ive gotten rusty but whats Davids favorite saying?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

Always rough when you get back into the swing of things, but I like the possibilities of the first two shots. Bodies of water are what this MD has become known for. Looking forward to what's next Pat.
-Matt

jmyers2043

Quote from: Pat on January 02, 2012, 07:12:08 PM
.... BTW if anyone remembers or knows the shortcut to take pics ingame please let me know thanks  :thumbsup: ....

Clip2Pic. I use it for screen grabs that I want to post on line. All you have to do is to tap the 'print screen' key and a jpg is saved.  Zoom, tap, zoom, tap, zoom, tap, rotate, tap, etc, tap. It's that easy.The difference between it and the Maxis screen grabber is that the Maxis one will automatically stop the game and show you a postage stamp version afterward - whereas you'll have to wait or exit the game to see a clip2pic screenie. 

http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1462

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

noahclem

Congratulations on another OSITM Pat and again welcome back   &apls

I'm also really curious to know how your water got so steamy. Look forward to the rest of the month  :thumbsup:

bat

Congrats on your third OSITM-award!
And looking forward to more great views of your nice work in this month (/year)...

carlfatal

Hi Pat,
never saw Your MD before, - it was an inactive one and i normally don´t look on these cause there is a lot of active portraits i still don´t know...
I only have read some posts of You in other MDs, thinking who is this man and what did he do...
Now i know and i will come back for sure, cause this is awesome, splendid, and i love rivers, creeks and...
waterfalls!  :)
Congrats on Your third award too!
Can´t wait for the next update,
greetz, Carl

Pat

@ Matt yupppers so your right there Matt is been hard to get back in saddle a bit in taking pics since I havent done it in a looooooooooong time lol

@ Jim thank you and I will check out clip to pic for sure there....

@ Noah thank you its great to be back, as far water being steamy? Ima tad confused havent posted any water works yet the pics I did post so far are just two of terraforming and the others I got are from waaaaay back when just let me know...

@ Bat thank you my friend great to see you are still going with your MD and great to have you back here in Waterfalls my friend!

@ Carl welcome aboard to Waterfalls!!! Now I hope you will get to know me a little more here as I get Waterfalls going again as this is my love the creeks the rivers and of course the Waterfalls....

So now with the replies done and I am sorry I didnt get an update in within a few days here as I did have them planned ahead... Thank god at least I had them planned ahead a bit lol.... Anyways Tuesday evening when I was gonna do number 2 update and by now we should have been at update number 4 tonight but as my health has it lol nope.... So now without further ado here we go with

Update # 2 mix of Peg water and VIP Rural Pack items

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

Pat, it's great to see Waterfalls (gee, I wonder where the name came from, eh?) back and in the spotlight.  Trust me, your "re-entry" aches and pains will quickly be behind you, and you'll be right back to where you were.  I know you've got lots of loyal readers out there, and I'm sure you'll attract plenty of new ones with your "lets have some fun playing SC4" approach.

A suggestion: you might consider losing whatever terrain mod is giving you beach looking terrain along your rivers and streams.  At first I was so focused on the oddness of it in your pics that I was wondering why you had plopped all that green flora on snow.  Then I looked at the whole pic and saw the green grass away from the bank.  It's just weird looking and doesn't do the nice work you do justice.

Back again soon, my friend!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

rooker1

Hey Pat.
If you were to stop by Yan's MD and have a close look at his work you'll notice that he has a beaches every where, but has managed to hide them more often than not by painting over them with grassess, rocks and other MMPs.  You should give this method a try to be able to keep your beaches.  I also know there is a modd or two around that lessens the distance of the beach, that would be an idea, but I think I would try my first idea first.
Great work Pat.
Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

art128

Ya, Pat. Good looking start on that river. Everything is well placed and thought before. But, don't forget to put wide radius curves on that railway ~ the maxis one are really ridiculous now! :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

catty

Like your river pictures they are coming on nicely and the beaches are something you can see in RL as well

EDIT: Weird I posted a picture and can't see it ... the link is here  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mississippi_River-sand_bars.jpg

Fixed your pic for you. Robin ;)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

carlfatal

I like this river too, perfect the waterlilies in the calm area behind the few big stones!  :)
But i agree with art: build wide radius curves for the rail, some fans of this old fashioned means of transport don´t want to fall out of the train when spotting through the windows...  $%Grinno$%
But everything else is wonderful!
Greetz, Carl

bat

Pat

David OK point taken, ive slacken lol.... I will also try to figure out what terrian mod i got that has given the sandy beaches been looking and going nuts cant find it, I hate it too.... Looked at Corsica by Yan again and I know what I am doing wrong here... Sure Ploppable water is nice and all but man even looking at what I was doing with TPW... Someone please slap me!!!! Update 3 will be with TPW and of this same area just an fyi and I will have full replies then, thanks all!!!

Jmouse

Hi Pat. Your terrain mod might not be at fault. I'm using the Pyrenean terrain mod, PEG's Brigantine water mod and the Optional Olympic Beach mod. They are created by three separate people but work just fine together. I can't tell for sure, but it looks like you might be using the Maxis terrain. If that's the case, I'm sure you can find something better.

If I can be of assistance, just send me a PM or catch me in chat.

-Joan

Badsim

Hello Pat , :)

I'm glad to follow your new SC4 adventure ... I'm using the same kind of combination than Joan : The Pyrenean Terrain Mod from Orange_o_   and C.P.'s MissouriBreaksBeach Optional , not to pretend this is the only best possible one but you should give it a try ...  :P

First you can find easily your current ones with Desktop Search , typing Terrain then Beach as key words ... but about the Terrain Mod , It rather seems to be MissouriBreak on your pictures . Obviously , the Beach Mod is a separated one . ;)

You can download the PTM directly there (The 4 files are needed , this is an HD Terrain Mod ) :

PyreneanTerrainMod
Textures03
Textures02
Textures01

Then , just follow the instructions ( and make choices ) coming with the installer ... Missouri Break should be on the LEX ( if not already in your Plugins ...) , just keep and move the file CPT_B_MissouriBreakBeach_Optional.dat in the same Terrain Mod folder than the PTM , for convenience . For rivers like you intend to make , the riverbanks can be then designed with Heblem's ground textures MMPs ( Sand , mud , gravel ) available there : HBS Tropical Flora Pack (Mayor Mod)

Then , there's a lot of a new and beautiful ploppable rocks available from nbvc , munrimk , Pegasus , on the STEX .

Good landscaping ...  :thumbsup: that's my favorite SC4 activity since  2 years and with rural scenes my particular interest in other MDers work because , while there's a plethora of BATs for cities , those subjects are still to develop largely ( And I would say urgently  ;D ) .

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Pat

Thank you all so many great replies here today and just real quick I will show some update what Ive been up to in reworking the area... I scrapped pegs plop water, sure its nice and would work with some area's but i don't think it will do for me in my rivers or waterfalls... Maybe in a pond if I do them...

But anywho after this update I will do a full replies I promise that all and I did thanks to you Cedric find that annoying beach mod that changed shore lines... Normally I have all mods in a separate folder marked specifically for mods and what they do and what they effect, some how this one slipped into my misc lotters folder of lol...

SO without Further Ado here we go with Update # 3

Revamped

carlfatal

Hi Pat,
that´s nice, much better than before.  :thumbsup:
Nothing is better than ploppable water.  ;)
And now Knapp´s water is available here: http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/27199-rfr-plopwater-pack-1/
I would love to see what You´re doing with this!  :)
Greetz, Carl

noahclem

Nice work Pat  :thumbsup:  The PW was definitely an improvement--but what do you think of the brand new water in carlfatal's link? Perhaps the perfect addition to an MD name "Waterfalls" ;)

Battlecat

Each water type certainly has it's place, I'm fond of both the transparent water and the Tahoe water from Pegasus.  You're certainly getting the hang of both! 

The one downside to the transparent water is the blotchy look it sometimes gets when the multiple objects overlap.  I've yet to find a solution, it's just something we have to live with!  Looking forward to seeing what you've got coming next!