• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Question about Lk's Appalachian Terrain Mod

Started by longtimepcgamer, July 26, 2013, 08:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longtimepcgamer

Is it possible to remove the "Seasonal Flora" abilities from this mod.  I would prefer green all year!

Thanks,

Kevin

APSMS

The seasonal flora patch does not cause non-seasonal flora to change color with the seasons. Rather, it allows plants (that you choose specifically) to change color if they happen to have that ability. In general, the patch won't hurt if you leave it in. If you only want evergreen trees, then only plant evergreen trees, and they will stay that way, seasonal patch installed or not.

BTW, the seasonal flora ability is also used by some creators to make flowers that bloom in season, as well as farm fields which change in season, and these (iirc) are also affected by the seasonal patch, and look really neat regardless of whether or not you actually want seasonal trees.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

vortext

APSMS is correct and you can just use an evergreen tree controller.

Quote from: APSMS on July 27, 2013, 12:47:18 AM
BTW, the seasonal flora ability is also used by some creators to make flowers that bloom in season, as well as farm fields which change in season, and these (iirc) are also affected by the seasonal patch, and look really neat regardless of whether or not you actually want seasonal trees.

afaik there aren't any farmfields which use proper seasonal flora, as opposed to timed props. I think you have confused the two.  ;)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana