• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 31.1 Technical Support and Bug Report Thread

Started by Tarkus, April 16, 2013, 12:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuewr665

Caused by dragging plain Elevated Rail over L0 MHW using Symphony.

dyoungyn

What am I doing wrong?  I still cannot get RHW6C/8C to go over RHW6C.

Don

Born-in-HB

@Kuewr665
do u have this installed: "\SimCity 4\Plugins\z___NAM\El Rail Alternate Implementation"? I had the same, but there are the textures inside.

@Tarkus
My Plugin-Folder has 2,9 GB (2,6 with datpacker) and I havent made any other changes in it. And after experimential work to find the problem I think it is the NetworkAddonMod_Controller_RIGHT_HAND_VERSION_s-series.dat. This series-data seems to make an overflow of the whole NAM running a NAM-buildet city. Freezes after a few minutes. With the Controller of v30 which is much smaller, there are no problems.

greets
my MD

soon at SC4D!
http://www.simforum.de/showthread.php?t=182697 on SF (German)

jdenm8

Quote from: Kuewr665 on April 21, 2013, 04:44:42 PM

That's uh... odd. It looks like the Moonlight El-Rail compatibility pack was installed by mistake. (I don't remember there being one)

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

Quote from: dyoungyn on April 21, 2013, 05:19:57 PM

Don

Don, how is it messing up on that setup?  Are the overrides breaking, or is this still a case of your initial issue?  I'm able to build it, albeit it's a bit laggy if the L0 RHW-4 that forms part of the starter override runs unchecked and hits the L0 RHW-6C.

Quote from: Born-in-HB on April 21, 2013, 05:34:16 PM
@Tarkus
My Plugin-Folder has 2,9 GB (2,6 with datpacker) and I havent made any other changes in it. And after experimential work to find the problem I think it is the NetworkAddonMod_Controller_RIGHT_HAND_VERSION_s-series.dat. This series-data seems to make an overflow of the whole NAM running a NAM-buildet city. Freezes after a few minutes. With the Controller of v30 which is much smaller, there are no problems.

Thanks for providing that info.  The s-series controller is actually the smaller of the two--the one that's supposed to prevent crashing (it's about 33% of the size of the original NAM 31 controller).  Are you certain your game .exe is fully 4GB patched? 

I'm not running into the issue on a less powerful machine with more plugins (AMD A8-5500, 8GB RAM, 1TB HD and a 3.1GB Plugins folder), using the larger e-series controller (33% larger than the s-series) and with the 4GB patch on the game.  I have actually noticed that the game is less stable if you're running Task Manager at the same time, though not necessarily other applications.  I just ran my largest city tile (population around 332,000, quite a number of tall buildings) with Firefox, Notepad++ and my music notation software at the same time and was able to save the city without issue after a decent amount of time (~30 minutes) in the game.

-Alex

z

Quote from: feyss on April 21, 2013, 04:06:15 PM

There is no arch on my bridge.

By default, the Bridge Height Mod (new to the NAM) is turned on.  This mod allows bridges to be built without requiring them to be elevated.  However, it also results in flat bridges as you have shown.  You can turn this mod off by unchecking "Bridge Height Mod" in the Custom Installation; it will be visible near the bottom of the Components page.

Quote from: jdenm8 on April 21, 2013, 05:55:43 PM
Quote from: Kuewr665 on April 21, 2013, 04:44:42 PM

That's uh... odd. It looks like the Moonlight El-Rail compatibility pack was installed by mistake. (I don't remember there being one)

Moonlinght broke out various options of his El Rail mod for the NAM version.  Nevertheless, the installer is designed not to install any of them unless the main mod is installed.  I just verified that this function works.  Kuewr665, could you please tell me if the folder "z__NAM\El Rail Alternate Implementation" exists directly under your Plugins folder, and if so, is there a "Core Files" folder directly underneath it?  If you could also list the files contained in those two folders (if they exist), that would be extremely helpful as well.

memo

Quote from: z on April 21, 2013, 06:40:53 PM

By default, the Bridge Height Mod (new to the NAM) is turned on.  This mod allows bridges to be built without requiring them to be elevated.  However, it also results in flat bridges as you have shown.  You can turn this mod off by unchecking "Bridge Height Mod" in the Custom Installation; it will be visible near the bottom of the Components page.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the Bridge Height Mod. The Bridge Height Mod alters the behaviour of the default Maxis bridges only. The reason that no arch is displayed is that the bridge is too short, I suppose.

Quote from: Paul 999 on April 21, 2013, 04:09:07 AM
Problems whit the diagonal networks, or do i something wrong?

Also that glitch on the intersection, is this normal?

As for the onslope puzzle pieces, the direction of the slopes has to be orthogonal. Try to flatten the tile next to the glitch and then place the puzzle piece again.

MandelSoft

Quote from: memo on April 21, 2013, 11:31:45 PM
Quote from: z on April 21, 2013, 06:40:53 PM

This has absolutely nothing to do with the Bridge Height Mod. The Bridge Height Mod alters the behaviour of the default Maxis bridges only. The reason that no arch is displayed is that the bridge is too short, I suppose.
Nope. This is normal. The arch is just not visible on the preview, because it's put on the bridge by T21 models. This is also what causes the cables not to appear in the previews of the RHW cable-stayed bridges. Why do we do that? Simple: to save up IIDs and therefore saving unnecesary work.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Tarkus

Quote from: Strife on April 21, 2013, 11:45:12 AM
im having crashes when saving, exiting region or freezing right after saving as well, but only on my biggest cities (+1,200.000 pop)  not sure if its because of NAM or other plugins i have, i have been making some test with a plugin backup i made 4 months ago on 2 identical cities and only the one with my current plugins folder (2.8gb and NAM 31.1 S-series) is crashing quite often while saving, while the other city (2.0GB and NAM 30) has never crashed, it started to crash when i got around 1,4kk pop, the 2nd one is at 2kk without a single crash yet. it is possible that the problem could be in other plugins though. im using an I7-2600, 8GB ram, win7 64bit, Radeon 6970.

Just want to clarify--one of your NAM 30 city is crashing with NAM 30 once you get to a certain population?  If that's the case, that would indicate a larger problem than just the NAM.

You seem to have the "classic" processor (an i7 Sandy Bridge) that causes the crash-on-save.  Make sure you're actually running s-series, and if you're still experiencing issues, as you have enough RAM to do so, try running the 4GB patch on your game (see the ReadFirst document in the NAM 31.1 download for the links).

-Alex

ivo_su

I had exactly the same problem when trying to safe a large and populated city. Strange but this problem does not occur in small and medium cities.
The solution I found yesterday when I installed the patch from Andreas and now everything works great and I get to do normal safes.
My machine is not the strongest, but maybe not use their full capacity RAM that the installation of this patch. I have the intel i3 core RAM-6GB DDR3 and Nvidia GT525M (1GB).So my advice is a must try with this patch because I had the same problem and thanks to him it is now fixed.
here

Strife

Quote from: Tarkus on April 22, 2013, 12:44:54 AM
Quote from: Strife on April 21, 2013, 11:45:12 AM
im having crashes when saving, exiting region or freezing right after saving as well, but only on my biggest cities (+1,200.000 pop)  not sure if its because of NAM or other plugins i have, i have been making some test with a plugin backup i made 4 months ago on 2 identical cities and only the one with my current plugins folder (2.8gb and NAM 31.1 S-series) is crashing quite often while saving, while the other city (2.0GB and NAM 30) has never crashed, it started to crash when i got around 1,4kk pop, the 2nd one is at 2kk without a single crash yet. it is possible that the problem could be in other plugins though. im using an I7-2600, 8GB ram, win7 64bit, Radeon 6970.

Just want to clarify--one of your NAM 30 city is crashing with NAM 30 once you get to a certain population?  If that's the case, that would indicate a larger problem than just the NAM.

You seem to have the "classic" processor (an i7 Sandy Bridge) that causes the crash-on-save.  Make sure you're actually running s-series, and if you're still experiencing issues, as you have enough RAM to do so, try running the 4GB patch on your game (see the ReadFirst document in the NAM 31.1 download for the links).

-Alex

no, the NAM 30 city never crashes, not even with all my plugins (2.8GB) and with 2.5kk population, it runs perfectly. however the NAM31.1 city starts to crash when i save on a city with like 1.2kk population or more with exactly the same plugins besides NAM folders, i tried both options on the same city many times and the result was the same, so i came to the conclusion that it was definitely the NAM 31.1, and im using the s-series but without the 4GB patch, i'll try with that patch later.

I also tried what Born-in-HB said about using NAM 31.1 but with the 30.0 controller, i thought it was going to get worse since the controllers are from different versions, but it really solved the problem, no more CTD when saving, but obviously many things broke up like TuLEP's and RHW FLEX ramps, i wasnt expecting this to solve the problem, but it proves that i need the 4GB patch even with the s-series.

Tarkus

Quote from: Strife on April 22, 2013, 08:36:59 AM
I also tried what Born-in-HB said about using NAM 31.1 but with the 30.0 controller, i thought it was going to get worse since the controllers are from different versions, but it really solved the problem, no more CTD when saving, but obviously many things broke up like TuLEP's and RHW FLEX ramps, i wasnt expecting this to solve the problem, but it proves that i need the 4GB patch even with the s-series.

That's actually a test we used in helping diagnose some of the crash-on-save issues, which proved that it was most likely a filesize issue.  Let us know how the 4GB patch affects things.

-Alex

dyoungyn

Quote from: Tarkus on April 21, 2013, 06:37:49 PM
Quote from: dyoungyn on April 21, 2013, 05:19:57 PM

Don

Don, how is it messing up on that setup?  Are the overrides breaking, or is this still a case of your initial issue?  I'm able to build it, albeit it's a bit laggy if the L0 RHW-4 that forms part of the starter override runs unchecked and hits the L0 RHW-6C.

@Tarkus

Thanks for providing that info.  The s-series controller is actually the smaller of the two--the one that's supposed to prevent crashing (it's about 33% of the size of the original NAM 31 controller).  Are you certain your game .exe is fully 4GB patched? 

I'm not running into the issue on a less powerful machine with more plugins (AMD A8-5500, 8GB RAM, 1TB HD and a 3.1GB Plugins folder), using the larger e-series controller (33% larger than the s-series) and with the 4GB patch on the game.  I have actually noticed that the game is less stable if you're running Task Manager at the same time, though not necessarily other applications.  I just ran my largest city tile (population around 332,000, quite a number of tall buildings) with Firefox, Notepad++ and my music notation software at the same time and was able to save the city without issue after a decent amount of time (~30 minutes) in the game.

-Alex

Tarkus,

Yes, I used the 4G Patch link that was provided with the information about the update and it worked flawlessly; meaning it resolved the issue of the game shutting down when saving.

I wish I could figure out how to attach a pix of what I am running into.  I tried extra space, using the new Flex over passes and all 6C/8C over 6C the center tile is not showing up and rather garbaged.  I tried all different types of scenarios and no joy.  Now I am thinking to revert it back to 6S/8S over 6C. 

Funny thing is that existing interchanges with the same configuration look fine.  But, when I re-do with the new 8C over 6C, I am having anomalies like with NAM 3.0.

I must be doing something wrong to keep coming up with a similar anomaly as NAM 3.0. 

BTW, I absolutely love the new NAM 31.1 as it is working much better than I had expected; OUTSTANDING work.  You guys are truly talented worked very hard on this update.   I only wish there was a video tutorial on all the new features with NAM 31.1 as I found the existing with NAM 3.0 is very useful and informative.

Don

k808j

After installing NAM 31 (both versions) Simgoober-CAL canals pieces and MAPP textures have disappeared. I have Simgoober selected as the CAN-AM mod. I am also having CTD's with NAM 31.1.
Specs
Intel 1.6 Ghz Dual
Win 7 32 bit
3 GB mem

Bump

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

Jack_wilds

Hello NAM-folks

luv the v31.1 as I am still mucking  :P about the sand box, its all fun  ;D ...

anywho, concerning the "4bg" patch... where exactly do I place it  %confuso for whatever reason I am not clear on the instructions as to what to do with it and then how to implement it and then know its working...  ??? 

:satisfied:

Haljackey

Quote from: Jack_wilds on April 22, 2013, 01:45:55 PM
anywho, concerning the "4bg" patch... where exactly do I place it  %confuso for whatever reason I am not clear on the instructions as to what to do with it and then how to implement it and then know its working...  ??? 

You place it right on the SC4's EXE file.
-A good way to know if it's working is to open up task manager with SC4 running and see if it's using more than 2GB or RAM.

245a

The RHW-10 bridge seems broken. &mmm I think it was visual only, but paths confirm it.

Strangely, other bridges did'nt have this bug.

Wthrwyz

No amount of clicking around fixes this. Is it a known issue or do I have some sort of plugin conflict/borked install?

L1 RHW-2 over L0 RHW-4

Edit: After a bit of experimentation, I've found that if I move the transitions a bit further out, then it does eventually get to the point where it will stabilize...but it's very flaky. Unfortunately, it doesn't help me one bit in tight spaces...which is exactly where I would want to use an L1 overpass.
Wthrwyz: It's "weather wise." You see, it has to fit on a license plate...
Oh, just call me Nathan.

weekendgamer

That can be resolved by putting RHW-4 starters on either side of the overpass.

z

What about the city you had where all the props disappeared?  Do they come back when you have the v30 controller installed?