• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Siilijoki

Started by noahclem, December 07, 2010, 06:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nbvc

Great work. I like the night image of the industrial area. :thumbsup:

art128

Superbe update, and congrats on the year of Siilijoki. I really liked the dedicated picture! :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

theblacksheep

the city is great  :thumbsup:
you've got many nice quality of buildings there

Dantes

The Avenue with streetcar under the other road looks great.  &apls The industrial area is a great transportation hub. The passenger train station and freight train station look great.  &apls  &apls  &apls

jmdude1

excellent update!  all the pics were great, youre very creative.  you did a great job with the underpass and Xannepan's Quai Seine. the diagonal bridges look good in your region view too.

if you (or somebody else) dont mind, where did you get the apartment buildings in photo 18.4?

Ol.S / Benoit

Really nice update ! I'm a big fan of your industrial area with that sunken avenue  :thumbsup:
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Swordmaster

Kergelen

Really great work!
I love the sunken avenue and industrial surroundings. The motorway exit is great too &apls

Links to SC4 websites

wallasey

A very big congratulations for your first year! The update was as fine as ever and a real good marker of this special anniversary.

It is also very refreshing to see how much preparation and planning is spent out of SC4 too. Perfection takes time...like Guinness!

All the best for the next year!

Skimbo

The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

bat

Congrats on your first anniversary! &apls &apls
Great update,
looking forward to more... ;)

Nanami

Happy 1 year anniversary! and nice update! I like most the regional view!

zzsteven

Decided to look at your MD last night and was very pleasantly surprised. Normally, I don't like the skyscraper MD's but a very good job integrating the various parts into a whole that is artistic.  &apls

I like how you show the "works in progress" pics, the region views, and the maps. When looking for inspiration or a how do I do this type of question your MD will be on my list to look at.

Happy Anniversary,
zz

noahclem

A belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Years from Siilijoki!

And of course my best wishes for those celebrating other holidays this season  :)

I've been blessed with family visiting from across the world for the season, and consequently haven't been able to put out my planned holiday update. But never fear, it will yet see the light of day. most likely tomorrow

In the mean time here's a preview:

REPLIES:

Quote from: nbvc on December 21, 2011, 05:51:07 AM
Great work. I like the night image of the industrial area. :thumbsup:
Thanks nbvc, a great compliment from a master of industrial areas like yourself!

Quote from: art128 on December 21, 2011, 06:16:30 AM
Superbe update, and congrats on the year of Siilijoki. I really liked the dedicated picture! :)
Glad you liked your picture Arthur! I created much of that area a long time ago, mainly inspired by the work you were doing with Soviet cities at the time--so the dedication was actually planned months ago  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Sciurus on December 21, 2011, 07:55:22 AM
That's incredibly wonderful!! &apls &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
Thanks for the great compliment Guillamme! I hope you had a great holiday season!

Quote from: theblacksheep on December 21, 2011, 01:44:29 PM
the city is great  :thumbsup:
you've got many nice quality of buildings there
Thanks theblacksheep, and welcome to Siilijoki! Feel free to let me know if you need help finding a building you like (reply or PM are both fine)

Quote from: Dantes on December 21, 2011, 04:12:16 PM
The Avenue with streetcar under the other road looks great.  &apls The industrial area is a great transportation hub. The passenger train station and freight train station look great.  &apls  &apls  &apls
That's very kind of you Dantes, I'm really glad you liked that area! Season's greeting!

Quote from: jmdude1 on December 21, 2011, 05:50:36 PM
excellent update!  all the pics were great, youre very creative.  you did a great job with the underpass and Xannepan's Quai Seine. the diagonal bridges look good in your region view too.

if you (or somebody else) dont mind, where did you get the apartment buildings in photo 18.4?
Thanks for the nice reply jmdude1! The apartment buildings are delijah21's Blok63 found on the STEX here:http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/23427-blok-63-low-wealth-version/ (re-lotted low-wealth version, though you'll get the original med-wealth version from a dependency) and the SFBT Block44 by Sam Johnson found on the LEX here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2543

Quote from: Ol.S / Benoit on December 22, 2011, 07:03:51 AM
Really nice update ! I'm a big fan of your industrial area with that sunken avenue  :thumbsup:
Thank you Benoit! I'm very glad you liked it  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Terring7 on December 23, 2011, 01:52:19 AM
Happy birthday Siilijoki &dance &dance &dance

Thanks Elias, you rock! Again, a happy birthday to you and your MD  :party:

Quote from: Swordmaster on December 24, 2011, 07:03:08 AM
Great update, Noah!

Cheers,
Willy
Thanks Willy, hope you had a great holiday season!

Quote from: Kergelen on December 27, 2011, 02:35:16 AM
Really great work!
I love the sunken avenue and industrial surroundings. The motorway exit is great too &apls
Thanks very much! I'm glad to get feedback on the exit too!

Quote from: wallasey on December 27, 2011, 05:04:56 AM
A very big congratulations for your first year! The update was as fine as ever and a real good marker of this special anniversary.

It is also very refreshing to see how much preparation and planning is spent out of SC4 too. Perfection takes time...like Guinness!

All the best for the next year!

Siilijoki compared to Guinness--now I'm honored  :D  But seriously, Guinness is great and it's been a real pleasure having you as a Siilijoki regular  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Skimbo on December 28, 2011, 05:41:21 AM
Happy B-Day and great pics!

Thanks Skimbo and a Happy Holidays to you!

Quote from: bat on December 28, 2011, 06:30:22 AM
Congrats on your first anniversary! &apls &apls
Great update,
looking forward to more... ;)

Thanks a lot bat, best wishes for the season to you!

Quote from: 976 on December 28, 2011, 06:47:41 AM
Happy 1 year anniversary! and nice update! I like most the regional view!

Thanks 976! There's another region view coming up, but with an interesting twist  $%#Ninj2

Quote from: zzsteven on December 31, 2011, 02:55:09 PM
Decided to look at your MD last night and was very pleasantly surprised. Normally, I don't like the skyscraper MD's but a very good job integrating the various parts into a whole that is artistic.  &apls

I like how you show the "works in progress" pics, the region views, and the maps. When looking for inspiration or a how do I do this type of question your MD will be on my list to look at.

Happy Anniversary,
zz

Thank you and welcome to Siilijoki! I very much appreciate it if my MD inspires and I hope to see whatever results you come up with. While I don't normally consider my MD a "skyscraper" type it can be at times and it's certainly not a "rural"-type MD. Hope to see more of you around here  :thumbsup:

Kergelen

Nice preview!

I like the combination of the white snow and blue/emerald water :)

Links to SC4 websites

art128

Sweet preview, I like it. The snowy area by that pond and the train passing by the background are great.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Girafe

these pines are look check the vol2 of rural pack there are snowy trees made by Vnaoned which fit well with the pines :)

Hope to see more tomorrow  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

rambuckel

This whole MD is an impressive work of art!

I wish you a successful year 2012!

-rambuckel
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!