• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Donation

Started by eagle74, December 20, 2013, 04:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eagle74

I was not sure where to post this messsage, so let me know if it should be in another topic area.  I would like to make a donation, but the link to donate with pay pal is in Spanish.  How do I get it to display in English?

droric

Quote from: eagle74 on December 20, 2013, 04:41:58 PM
I was not sure where to post this messsage, so let me know if it should be in another topic area.  I would like to make a donation, but the link to donate with pay pal is in Spanish.  How do I get it to display in English?

I had this issue before with Paypal.  Log into paypal normally and set your language to English.  Mine was set to Chinese for some random reason earlier.

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

eagle74

Thanks, but I don't have a paypal account.  I would prefer to make a single transaction with paypal & not set up an account with them.

catty

Not sure if this will help or not, but the last time I donated some money I had to log off the site and do it as a guest for it to work

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

APSMS

Quote from: eagle74 on December 20, 2013, 04:41:58 PM
I was not sure where to post this message, so let me know if it should be in another topic area.  I would like to make a donation, but the link to donate with pay pal is in Spanish.  How do I get it to display in English?

I have a PayPal account, and I wasn't really sure how to change the language to English, so I copied the URL into Google Translate, and used the original (Spanish) page to donate while using the English page as a guide (worried that the translated version wouldn't work properly). Not sure if you can donate w/o a PayPal account (or why you wouldn't want one, but I understand--I still don't have social networking accounts), but it's worth a shot.

Hope this helps!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

eagle74

Thanks for the help.  Signed up for a subscription with no issues. . .all in English.  But, still cannot get the donate link in English.

eagle74

Ok, I copied & pasted the text into the google translator.  Donation successful. ()stsfd()
Catty, you are right, once you subscribe you have to log out to donate since you no longer get the ads when you are logged in.

whatevermind

Don't forget there are links for both 'subscribe' and 'donate' on the left menu next to the buttons for the LEX and Wiki, etc., so you can do those at any time.  ;)

catty

Quote from: eagle74 on December 21, 2013, 12:47:02 PM
...Catty, you are right, once you subscribe you have to log out to donate since you no longer get the ads when you are logged in.

There are some other pluses to being a subscriber, as you now have posting rights at the "SC4Devotion Subscribers Corner" board

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=446.0

Everyone can see the board, but only you and other subscribers can post in it, and within reason and remembering the site rules you can post about anything that interests you or any other games that you might play.

:thumbsup:

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

eagle74

Thanks to all for your help.