• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Tranports Inc.

Started by vester, January 19, 2012, 09:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayden

One thing Arne, is it me or none of the extra cars with pantograph have night lights? I have noticed before but I thought it was random, but now after trying several models, including the last ones you sent me, the JR 200DC, I don't have the nite lighting on the pantograph cars.

vester

I have seen nightlights on the car with pantograph:

(Taken from one of the first pages)

Not sure what is going on ?

Where have you placed the plug-in ?
If I remember right it needs to load after NAM. I normally place the mods in a folder called VDK Automata BSC.

Rayden

Quote from: vester on April 17, 2013, 10:21:32 AM
If I remember right it needs to load after NAM. I normally place the mods in a folder called VDK Automata BSC.
Same as I do, I haven't change the install path of either the NAM or your VDK Automata.

This is the image I took yesterday

And that happen as well with APTX JRQ-303 and also with JR Kyushu KiHa 200DC and Minatomirai Line, Y500. That's all versions I have tried so far. I know now that is not your problem as it happens with several versions, but don't know why. Any clues? &mmm

vester

Got no idea. Maybe I need to call a friend.
Anyone else have this problem ? or not ?

Flaviolovesimcity4

Er ... Hello everyone, this is my first answer in the Sc4devotion forum
I was seeing this post and I was wondering:
you can try to make a model of this train?
http://www.trenomania.eu/Leggeri/albums/userpics/10001/normal_ETR500-40_Frecciarossa_IMG_08737.jpg

it's the ETR-500 Frecciarossa, the high-speed train operating here in Italy
is it possible?

Rayden

Quote from: vester on April 17, 2013, 11:47:43 AM
Got no idea. Maybe I need to call a friend.
Anyone else have this problem ? or not ?
Forget it, it's definately something really screwd up with my game or my graphic drivers. I did a few experiments with plugins and without (only NAM and VDK Automata) and it's getting worst.

This one looks OK, just NAM and your train

But then here it comes another train, oops, no carriages and brighter lights

And this one too, very odd. Day light time, the one on the bottom OK, the other one without carriages and brighter lights still have them on.

Not a clue what's happening, I'm going to try to change graphic drivers, and if that doesn't work, maybe a fresh install of the game.

vester

Hope you get this problem fixed. Let us know what happens.

This is what I have been up to lately:

MandelSoft

Looks nice! Question: what does SR mean? Star Railways?
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

vester

Could be what ever you like. My thought was Simcity Railways

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

art128

Quote from: MandelSoft on April 23, 2013, 07:25:25 AM
Why not just SimRail?

What do you mean? " Why not write longer when you can just use the two letters and let people with come up with alternative imaginative names. "

Don't want to sound harsh, but SR can stand for a lot of things, including SimRail.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Haven't you guys figured out yet that it stands for Siilijoki Rail?!  :P $%Grinno$%

vester

A lot of talk about names, but only few words on this new model  ::)

It will now be release as Siilijoki Rail :P

Rayden

Quote from: vester on April 23, 2013, 07:10:00 AM
Hope you get this problem fixed. Let us know what happens.
That was a very odd day for Simcity 4 on my PC, because now it's working alright. I haven't done anything apart from cleaning some old files and cache files from it. &mmm

What about those nice trains you showed a few pages back, the Tsubasa Skyliner and the Super Tokachi, are they nearly finished? I really would like to put my hands on them sometime. :thumbsup:

Nice work with this last one, it reminds me the BNSF GE Dash9 44CW skin I'm using to replace the steam engine ingame. ;)

vester

Still need a little modding on those. Need to do a few extra additional cars for the all textures to go on. :)

The RL train is made in Europa under license and is based on an American design: The single cab EMD-F unit.

vortext

So there were corporate spies within Siilijoki Rail?!  $%#Ninj2

Or maybe we're dealing with a fraudulent manufacturer, selling the same product 'exclusively' to two parties. . !  $%Grinno$%  :D
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Swordmaster

I think the CEO of Siilijoki Rail is also on the board of Noro Rail. Not sure if there's a conflict of interest, and even if there were, these guys are powerful enough to get away with it.

Cheers
Willy

vester

The CEO of both NORO Rail and Siilijoki Rail is on the board of VDK Trains Ltd. :D

Think its normal practice to sell as much as one can. Very few manufacturers sell anything this big to just one part.

vester

Here is a blue livery inspired by the NMBS / SNCB - 202:

A green and a red will follow.

vortext

Quote from: vester on April 23, 2013, 10:37:22 AM
The CEO of both NORO Rail and Siilijoki Rail is on the board of VDK Trains Ltd. :D

What?!  :o  The rabbit hole is even deeper . .   :P

The model reminds me of this one. It's slowly being taken out of service though.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana