• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

WELCOME TO PAGE NUMBER 8 Y'ALL
UPDATE # 2 is here finaly here woohooo

So as we last where here I was resurfacing Lady Lake and well the peoples of Elcho
have asked that there fare mayor me lol build a better waterway for the logging industry.
Well me being a fair man i said sure and so i began working on it.  so here are the starter
shots of Elcho Lake and river, oh and cant forget having a spillway to the ocean lol.

So yes that is this update and next update will be filling in with water and maybe a bridge
lol.  Yes your eyes dont deseave you as of Thursday i have been accepted onto BLaM as a
lotter in training.  The offer was up there and now with the new computer i decied to take up
the challange.  - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Great update! The terraforming looks like it's coming along pretty well! I can't wait to see more development!

bat

Wonderful update! Great terraforming! Looking forward to the next update! :thumbsup:

Strechnitz

A wonderfull update indeed!

The people of Elcho can count themselves lucky with such a fair and productive mayor. no red tape, no endless debates in city hall. no analysis reports on cost effectiveness. ;D many majors will be very jealous of you :D

Keep up the good work Pat,

Strech.

sebes

WOOW Pat, that is going to be a hell of a great canal there  &apls I cannot wait to see it filled with water....
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Flipside

Pat, wow. First thing's first: nice update, can't wait for the finished canal.

Secondly, congrats on getting into BlaM! Can't wait to see what you come up with.  ;D

Pat

Dustin, ty im trying to do my best and your wait is over lol!!!

Bat, ty as well and also your waiting is come to the end  :)

Strech, ty i tried to make it good, and yes the peoples of elcho are very greatful  ;)

Sebes, ohhh yea and you know it.  well i hope i don't dissappoint ya's!

Flip,  Ty sooo much on both accounts.  my first project im working on as a BLaM
memeber you can see my thread here in the BLaM teams room or over at SimCities
also in BLaM teams room  ;)

OK now that i gotten all that outta the way here we go with the next update.
Here i will be showing off filling in the canal with water and a little tweaking w/land.

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

Pat, what rock mod are you using, my friend?

It looks exceptionally good on your cliffs.  Beautiful work, to boot!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

jacqulina

Pat

I had found this banner and i thought it was soooooooooooo cool.
David and Jackie thank you two for coming so quickly lol and to answer
you David its CP Columbus terrain mod and what ever he set as default - pat

bat

fantastic using of ploppable water! Wonderful pictures! :thumbsup:

nova vesfalo

such a shame I didn"t comment your MD ! whatever, I 'm doing it right know !! I like MD with teraforming, well I don't do it much myself, but I like people who do it ! Your canyon with plop water is really nice  ! A very nice green area for the citizens !

glepet

Very nice terraforming, Pat. I can't wait to see the finished product. And Congratulations on becoming a BLaM team member. I'll be watching for your stuff.

Snaper

TheTeaCat

Hey Pat this is great work you've done mate. &apls

I like the terraforming of the spillway and in  particular the rapids - could we see a close up?.

The  kettle's going on as you must need a cuppa after all that digging :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

JJ

I don't quite understand how the water doesn't flow over the land, since it is exactly level with it. Not to my taste I must say. The trees are too repetitive, works if you are going for that man made look, but not so well when aiming for a more natural physique. I like your little bridge but am not overly keen on the waterfall, seems to be cluttered with all these weird rocks that spoil the atmosphere, remove a few of the unnecessary and I believe it will look a lot better.

emilin

I think I said this before, but the rate that your skills are developing at is amazing. Every little detail looks better with each update. The little bridge is really cool, for instance. I do think the town looks a bit "square" on the edges - I have nothing against the actual development though, it's just the edges that could blend better with the natural environment. Perhaps increased spacing around the roads leading out of town could solve that?

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

dedgren

Pat- I think you get the greatest comments here, and it is so clear that you give such careful attention to each one.  The fact that folks can speak their mind to you about what they see here so plainly speaks of the candor that only true friends can share.  The fact that you then work so hard to address the things people see (without a bit of "hey, wait a minute...") speaks of true dedication to the craft.  There's a synergy here that is phenomenal- I agree: your skills, which weren't all that shabby to begin with, have moved ahead by leaps and bounds.

Fellow MDers, take note.  Pat, hats off to you and your fine, fine effort!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Strechnitz

Hello Pat,

So you thought you could sneak in an update while I wasn't looking eh? well good job my friend :thumbsup:

The lake and river are progressing nicely I must say. That custom bridge,is it made of wood and stone? is to die for. it fit's perfectly in the landscape as if it has been there for ages.

The rocky watterfall is wedged in nicely between the steep clifs. I love it Pat. good work. there is so much action and movement in there. which makes it a good transition in my opinion.

I like it.

Strech.

BTW. nice descidious tree, you are using. where did you get those if I may be so bold.

Pat

OK all sorry i neglected here a little bit with trying to finalize my release for BLaM's first b-day
I've been busy with my lot.  But i did work on a little update that i gotta finish up and will post
that during my down time LoL.  some quick replies

Quote from: bat on May 20, 2007, 01:47:12 AM
fantastic using of ploppable water! Wonderful pictures! :thumbsup:

Hey bat thank you for stopping in i try hard to make them special...

Quote from: nova vesfalo on May 20, 2007, 02:00:12 AM
such a shame I didn"t comment your MD ! whatever, I 'm doing it right know !! I like MD with teraforming, well I don't do it much myself, but I like people who do it ! Your canyon with plop water is really nice  ! A very nice green area for the citizens !

Well Nova you are here now and you seen where i came from to where I'm at today or err umm when you stopped in to see my MD LoL now don't you be a stranger.

Quote from: glepet on May 21, 2007, 04:19:14 AM
Very nice terraforming, Pat. I can't wait to see the finished product. And Congratulations on becoming a BLaM team member. I'll be watching for your stuff.

Gelpet thank you for the support in coming here and also about me becoming apart of BLaM... My release is gonna be Park Place Mall original by UrbanSprawl, i had made some drastic improvements to it and it will be on the stex as soon as a team member gets me a custom query that i need...

Quote from: Snaper on May 23, 2007, 05:49:47 AM
Fantastic  :thumbsup:

Very good work ... It's beautiful  ;)

Snaper thank you very much I'm happy that you love my MD

Quote from: TheTeaCat on May 23, 2007, 10:34:49 AM
Hey Pat this is great work you've done mate. &apls

I like the terraforming of the spillway and in  particular the rapids - could we see a close up?.

The  kettle's going on as you must need a cuppa after all that digging :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC

Hey TTC I'm glad to see you coming around and thank you for your support.  ohh man i could use that cuppa now hehehe.  i will get them close ups just fer ya's soon after a little deviation from this little project LoL

Quote from: JJ on May 23, 2007, 06:36:40 PM
I don't quite understand how the water doesn't flow over the land, since it is exactly level with it. Not to my taste I must say. The trees are too repetitive, works if you are going for that man made look, but not so well when aiming for a more natural physique. I like your little bridge but am not overly keen on the waterfall, seems to be cluttered with all these weird rocks that spoil the atmosphere, remove a few of the unnecessary and I believe it will look a lot better.

Hey JJ i will do that remove some of sorchins rocks and tinker around a bit.  The trees where originally there in the city I'm working in before i had gotten some new mods and i didn't think about that LoL thank you for pointing that out to me.  The water flowing over the land is supposed to be like a stream/river/creek and such i hope that helps a little bit out.  I invite you to please come back and see if i improved any or even sparked some interest

Quote from: emilin on May 24, 2007, 12:36:26 AM
I think I said this before, but the rate that your skills are developing at is amazing. Every little detail looks better with each update. The little bridge is really cool, for instance. I do think the town looks a bit "square" on the edges - I have nothing against the actual development though, it's just the edges that could blend better with the natural environment. Perhaps increased spacing around the roads leading out of town could solve that?

Emilin you have and yes they do improve alot thanks to the motivation of you and everyone else. I know the town is looking pretty square but i think i found my niche in SC4 hmm what could that be lol...  But i will try and work on the building style soon OK lol

Quote from: dedgren on May 24, 2007, 07:44:09 PM
Pat- I think you get the greatest comments here, and it is so clear that you give such careful attention to each one.  The fact that folks can speak their mind to you about what they see here so plainly speaks of the candor that only true friends can share.  The fact that you then work so hard to address the things people see (without a bit of "hey, wait a minute...") speaks of true dedication to the craft.  There's a synergy here that is phenomenal- I agree: your skills, which weren't all that shabby to begin with, have moved ahead by leaps and bounds.

Fellow MDers, take note.  Pat, hats off to you and your fine, fine effort!

David

David you know what as i was just gonna do my replies i never even saw yours there till i was entering in all the quotes lol.  An well then i saw your reply and my mouth just hit the keyboard and my eyes welled up cause man i was moved.  I truly really don't know what to say but "thank you my friend for your support and boosting my confidence from the get go".  I truly don't think i would have never gotten this far David if i didn't try to mirror your work or TTC's or Rayden's and so many others that have the PW skill...

Quote from: Strechnitz on May 25, 2007, 12:29:54 AM
Hello Pat,

So you thought you could sneak in an update while I wasn't looking eh? well good job my friend :thumbsup:

The lake and river are progressing nicely I must say. That custom bridge,is it made of wood and stone? is to die for. it fit's perfectly in the landscape as if it has been there for ages.

The rocky watterfall is wedged in nicely between the steep clifs. I love it Pat. good work. there is so much action and movement in there. which makes it a good transition in my opinion.

I like it.

Strech.

BTW. nice descidious tree, you are using. where did you get those if I may be so bold.

Strech nope you cant ask and i wont tell you LoL... Yes you can ask me lol silly gezzs... the wooden bridge is Colyn's new Kawanian bridge on the LEX and the trees are none other then Jeronji's... I promise to you stretch i wont sneak in again OK or maybe make a little noise when i get the next update up LoL.  Thank you for your continued support

OK all I'm promise to you my new update will come this weekend or even sooner OK soo hold on i think this new twist will be a grand one LOL. before I'm off of here for the nite heres a little teaser of my release and i hope you all like it and will download it from the stexs and scex when its up.  Talk to all soon - Pat