• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nova vesfalo

like TTC, really nice aiport :) but the tall structure just in front of the runaway are not are the righ "place" , but nice airport

emilin

The airport looks very nice (as does the new lots!), but the runways seem a bit on the shorter side. Not to sure about that, though, since I don't really know all that much about airports so I could be completely wrong. Very nice pond too! :thumbsup:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Snaper

Pat

Some replies but first a special notice to a vistors here to waterfalls... Something has happend i didnt think would
happen at all the MD has hit 200 comments in the few short months i've been MDing... Nova on June 30, 2007, 10:22:35 made this mark possible for me... Thank you Nova for hitting this milestone... Without further Ado...

Quote from: TheTeaCat on June 29, 2007, 09:49:01 AM
Woah nice job you done there. &apls &apls

Although having such tall buildings almost in line with the runway 27 would make for an interesting approach.  $%Grinno$%

Thats about the only thing that looks "wrong" otherwise you deserve this cuppa raspberry tea I am making  :D

Derry

:satisfied:
TTC

Derry my comrad in PW and friend welcome back and thank you for my tea... dont worry it will be corrected over
by runway 27...

Quote from: thundercrack83 on June 29, 2007, 10:07:14 AM
Well, thank you, my friend! It looks good all zoomed out like that. I wanted to see the whole set up to get an idea of how you had it set up. I can't wait to see the expansions you have planned!

Dustin hi and welcome back here my friend... you wont have to wait to much longer for the expansion...

Quote from: shoreman905 on June 29, 2007, 10:46:31 AM
This is the first time I have seen Peg's Skyfarms in game. They look pretty good.

Shoreman thank you im glad you loved pegs skyfarms... they are nice aint they? btw did
you know they are TE in the loading doc area?

Quote from: Jmouse on June 29, 2007, 01:57:24 PM
Thanks for the zoomed-out shot, Pat, it helps make sense out of the closeups. Will these airports serve the same purpose as the Maxis plopable?

Jm

Hi Joan and welcome back... Actualy Joan this is seperate pieces you can design your own airports. Search the
stex for RMIP and you will find the runway pieces and some other usefull stuff there to. also to get the other props also search under SWAP or just
under airport...

Quote from: tooheys on June 30, 2007, 04:10:04 AM
"No phones! No lights! No motor cars!
Not a single luxury,...." Damn, I can't get this tune out of my head :'(

I'm still working my way thru your CJ but I like the airport in the latest update, nice work. :) If anything, perhaps at least one of the runways could be a tad longer to handle the heavy jets a bit more effectively. I'm sure the people in the green towers pretty much ruin ther pants whenever they see something taking off towards them /wrrd%&

Looking good and will be watching for updates.

Cheers

Dave

Dave you are terrible my lost islander friend lol and the little three hour tour is also stuck with me too.
Im glad you have came by and i hope you find my updates good... if you liked Pegs Sky Farm I & II be
watching his site for them to be release soon...

Quote from: glepet on June 30, 2007, 06:53:37 AM
Good lookin' stuff, there, Pat. Yeah, that would be a heck of a drop over that tower for any plane coming in. But, otherwise, it's a great start!

Hey Glen thank you for coming in and checking out Waterfalls... LoL that is one hellova drop to but dont worry
the town is taking care of it...

Quote from: nova vesfalo on June 30, 2007, 08:22:35 AM
like TTC, really nice aiport :) but the tall structure just in front of the runaway are not are the righ "place" , but nice airport

Nova fear not i will take care of them lol and thank you for coming by... also am glad you like the Airport

Quote from: emilin on June 30, 2007, 12:52:13 PM
The airport looks very nice (as does the new lots!), but the runways seem a bit on the shorter side. Not to sure about that, though, since I don't really know all that much about airports so I could be completely wrong. Very nice pond too! :thumbsup:

Emilin thank you im glad you liked the airport and the pond will show some more shortly...

Quote from: Snaper on June 30, 2007, 06:05:48 PM
Beautiful airport  ;)

I like this overview  :thumbsup:

Snaper thank you very much... I will show you more of the airport soon i will be posting pics shortly got to
play a little more...

OK every one here is a small little teaser as since there was numoures concers from the FAA about
the Pegs SkyFarms Industrys.  The City offered to pay pegprod to move the buildings and rezoned the
area for residental devolpment...

As you can see Red and Blue are part of the new expansion area of the airport i will show more
soon so dont worry... Till then take care and be safe - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

Heh, Pat- don't let on where you got those nice wide runways.

It's great to see stuff make it off the drawing board into a MD so quickly.  I'll have some interesting ploppable water stuff for you to play with in a bit, too.

Hope the mosquitos are biting on the other side of the lake, my friend.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Strechnitz

Hi Pat,

It has been tooo long since I commented in your MD. not that haven't been following the news though:)

Congratulations with the 200+ posts here.  ()flower() That is a sweet achievement I hope to achieve soon too.
I am jealous (in the best possible way) of your Airport. good job on that one!

keep up the good works!

Strechnitz

Jmouse

Nice job. I'm a long ways from needing an airport, but it's good to know the elements will be there if and when the time comes.

Jm

Pat

Since this is my first crack at video please check it out... Click Here for special UpDate... One thing now i need to learn is to do flash so anyone wanna teach me LoL?????

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

You did better job than I did on my first video-editing project, and thanks for including me as a supporting-cast member.

Joan

thundercrack83

That airport's looking good, there, Pat! And congratulations on reaching 200 comments! You're well on your way to the Classics board!

tooheys

Great, thanks a lot Pat. No more Gilligan's Island, now I'm walking around singing Bonanza!!  ::)

Nice work with the video, especially as it's your first try and a good one at that. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more

Cheers

Dave

PS: Well done on 200 comments

Flipside

Great custom airport, Pat! They're time-consuming, hey?  :D

Congrats on 200 views too.  ;D

kimcar

&apls Congrats mate for your 200 view. It`s well deserve. I really like the lake you have done in your airport. A nice touch of realism. Keep going. :thumbsup:

TheTeaCat

Nice one :thumbsup:. Wikked little vid mate &apls. nice to be in the credits too ()stsfd() :D :D

I am so relieved that those buildings have been moved and its nice to know now we got some residential under the flightpath.  :thumbsup:

Having lived under a flight path for a couple years I know what its like.  $%Grinno$%
Concord when taking off would pass 250 feet above my house every day at 10.35am and 7.35pm daily while it was in service.  :angrymore: :angrymore: :bomb: A noisy bugger to be sure but impressive with the afterburners trailing flame.

Glad I now live on the escape path for wave-offs and its only now and then that we have a missed approach at Heathrow $%Grinno$% nice recovery of the area though :thumbsup:

Derry

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

bat

Wonderful pictures of the airport, patfirefghtr! The airport is looking beautiful! :thumbsup:

glepet

Good work on the airport, Pat. Looking forward to more. I can't get the video to work, though. Oh, well.  &mmm

Pat

OK its been awhile since i last updated and im sowwies RL had a great deal to do with it and plus
ummm lack of magic LoL....  so i suspect i owe some replies now....

Quote from: dedgren on July 01, 2007, 10:54:19 PM
Heh, Pat- don't let on where you got those nice wide runways.

It's great to see stuff make it off the drawing board into a MD so quickly.  I'll have some interesting ploppable water stuff for you to play with in a bit, too.

Hope the mosquitos are biting on the other side of the lake, my friend.

David

Hey David its allways great to see you when you come in over here LoL... So whats this about new PW stuff hmmm now u gotten me attention LoL... DiD i let the cat outta bag too soon lol...

Quote from: Strechnitz on July 02, 2007, 12:12:01 AM
Hi Pat,

It has been tooo long since I commented in your MD. not that haven't been following the news though:)

Congratulations with the 200+ posts here.  ()flower() That is a sweet achievement I hope to achieve soon too.
I am jealous (in the best possible way) of your Airport. good job on that one!

keep up the good works!

Strechnitz

Strech its allways a pleasure seeing u when you can come on in,  its no problem you havent stopped by in awhile... ty very much for the congrats and im happy you liked the airport...

Quote from: Jmouse on July 02, 2007, 07:05:31 AM
Nice job. I'm a long ways from needing an airport, but it's good to know the elements will be there if and when the time comes. Jm
Quote from: Jmouse on July 02, 2007, 08:18:31 PM
You did better job than I did on my first video-editing project, and thanks for including me as a supporting-cast member.

Joan

LoL Joan its allways good to have an airport handy even if its a small one...  Ty about the video that means alot and as i said you are a great support to me and i thank you....

Quote from: thundercrack83 on July 02, 2007, 09:04:31 PM
That airport's looking good, there, Pat! And congratulations on reaching 200 comments! You're well on your way to the Classics board!

Hey Dustin its good to see you here again... Ty about the airport as well and i hope to someday hit the classics...

Quote from: tooheys on July 03, 2007, 02:56:47 AM
Great, thanks a lot Pat. No more Gilligan's Island, now I'm walking around singing Bonanza!!  ::)

Nice work with the video, especially as it's your first try and a good one at that. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more

Cheers

Dave

PS: Well done on 200 comments

Dave my fellow nutty friend... I hope Bonanza didnt stick around to long LoL... Ty im happy you liked the vid..

Quote from: Flipside on July 05, 2007, 07:01:41 PM
Great custom airport, Pat! They're time-consuming, hey?  :D

Congrats on 200 views too.  ;D

Hey Flip thanks for stopping in and no not really once you get a base laid out its done in flash...

Quote from: kimcar on July 05, 2007, 07:38:54 PM
&apls Congrats mate for your 200 view. It`s well deserve. I really like the lake you have done in your airport. A nice touch of realism. Keep going. :thumbsup:

Hey KimCar thank you and its good to see you around...  I kinda did the lake on a whim LoL and i guessed
it payed off..

Quote from: TheTeaCat on July 08, 2007, 06:50:09 AM
Nice one :thumbsup:. Wikked little vid mate &apls. nice to be in the credits too ()stsfd() :D :D

I am so relieved that those buildings have been moved and its nice to know now we got some residential under the flightpath.  :thumbsup:

Having lived under a flight path for a couple years I know what its like.  $%Grinno$%
Concord when taking off would pass 250 feet above my house every day at 10.35am and 7.35pm daily while it was in service.  :angrymore: :angrymore: :bomb: A noisy bugger to be sure but impressive with the afterburners trailing flame.

Glad I now live on the escape path for wave-offs and its only now and then that we have a missed approach at Heathrow $%Grinno$% nice recovery of the area though :thumbsup:

Derry

Hey Derry i know the feeling of being near an airport ( Ohare International and Miday airports i lived under flightpaths for)  I'm glad you liked the redevolpment of the area LoL...  Im happy that you liked the vid as
well, i tried my best on it...

Quote from: bat on July 10, 2007, 07:28:15 AM
Wonderful pictures of the airport, patfirefghtr! The airport is looking beautiful! :thumbsup:

Hey Bat thank you for coming on in and ty about the Airport...

Quote from: glepet on July 10, 2007, 06:32:30 PM
Good work on the airport, Pat. Looking forward to more. I can't get the video to work, though. Oh, well.  &mmm

Glenn thank you for coming in and im sorry the vid didnt work for you, I dont know what to do??
But you did get a tribute in the vid for helping me out on the newsletter you made for me... I hope to be able to return the favor for you someday...

So OK now we've gotten all the comments out of the way.... Here for anther first from me is a Mosaic...
I thought about and tweeked with it over the last few days and here today is the final result....

Filasimo

wow nice rural area ya go there pat! i would hate to have car trouble on the interstate hehe  :-[
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

thundercrack83

I like Mosaic Time! Great shot, pat! As always, I love your ploppable streams. Keep up the great work, my friend!

bat

You have there a wonderful Mosaic, pat! Great work on this river! Also nice waterfall(s)! :thumbsup: