• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathtopumpkins

Hope all is well after the earthquake!

I also would like to play around with it, even without the shoulder, though I think I like the shoulder one the best. And the center line ideas sound wonderful too!

EDIT: Oops... was gonna save the 00 post for someone else, but buckbeach beat me to #99.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

bob56

This is great! Gravel shoulders and dotted lines are so much better, another great creation at 3RR! (I would love for the no shoulder version to be on the 3RRex, but i'm in no hurry.)   &apls

Hope everything is all right!
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

dedgren

Heh, 5,799...

...well, when I started anyway- our friend buckbeach snagged that one and dtp rang the Double-0 bell while I wasn't looking.  Then Bob posted 5,801 while I was typing this explanation.  You can't snooze around here...

My guess is that, sometime tomorrow or on December 1st, between 3RR-ST and here, Three Rivers Region will pass a quarter million (250,000) page views.  That's taking the almost 68,000 views there and adding them to the ones here.  We will easily pass 200K here in our own right at SC4D by the end of the year- we're clipping along at over 20,000 page views a month since September- most days in November averaged about 30 views an hour, which means that one of you takes a look every two minutes.  It's my pleasure to make sure there's always something to see.  Thank you!

Our good friends Matt (threestooges) and Pat nailed the 'quake.

We're 107 miles away in Wasilla [linkie] just to the west of Palmer on that map.  There was just a good good shake- no physical damage, although this one did make the joists in the cabin were are staying in creak a bit.  Earthquakes here are quite common- this one was just one of the 48 we had yesterday.

Most are between 1.0 and 2.0 magnitude [linkie]- these are usually imperceptible, although every once in a while you can feel them if the epicenter is very close.  Between 2.0 and 3.0, you can generally sense them if you are sitting down in a structure and the epicenter is within 50 miles/80 kilometers.  Over 3.0, they get increasingly hard to miss, although we have never experienced any property damage.

I was in our storage unit during the Denali Fault earthquake in November, 2002.  This was a 7.9 magnitude quake, with an epicenter 250 miles/400 kilometers east of us.  It caused extensive damage to roads in an unpopulated section of the state.

Credit: AK DOT&PF

The 12x12 room I was in went completely dark as the power went off and the door swung shut.  Most boxes came down off the shelves they were on.  I recall that the feeling was like trying to stand up in a powerboat going about 40 mph/65 kph on a choppy lake.  Given a choice, that was an experience I would never wish to repeat.

Anyway, lots ahead today.  I'll go back through the comments of the last few days over the next few hours and leave a few of my own.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

bat

Great work there on your stuff at 3RR, David! :thumbsup:

And congrats on 291 pages and over 5800 replies and for almost 182000 views!! &apls

Pat

David given half the chance I prefer a windy experience over the ground shaken under me anyday!!!! No way could I ever live in area that where the ground shakes under me no way give me the wind at least I can see it coming!!! Wind I mean tornado lol....  That one statement you made "you cant snooze" is so true cause if you do you loose out on some mighty fine Trail blazzen stuff around sir!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Darmok

I would also like to receive the "no shoulder version", looks really great so far.
Have a good weekend... without earthquakes....  ;)

-John
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=112.last#last

If you have a closed mind, do the same with your mouth

j-dub

Uh, lets see, Illinois has had its share of both  earth, and wind problems. Lets hope the two don't mate.

CaptCity

Hope everything has calmed after the shaker. Would love to receive and play around with the no-shoulder version (and anything else in that wonderful treasure chest of yours  ;) ). As for a priority... Well, I admit a bias toward country roads, so these would probably rank right up there - maybe after the FAR/FARR material, but before the fences (if they're still in the works). Either way, another great-looking project here.

dedgren

A little eye candy to top off that meal?

...whistling innocently...

Yes, that does look pretty diagonal to me.

They are fully functional, too.

These'll be on the way to all who've asked for them later this evening.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

metarvo

Diagonals?  I can already tell that this is my kind of addon.  Excellent work, David!  3RR's high standard continues to climb.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Pat

David I just dont what to say any more!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

un1

Yes, that does look pretty diagonal to me.

It does, I have to admit, but I think it looks pretty amazing to me. ;D

-un1

thundercrack83

Wonderful stuff, David! Absolutely wonderful!

I'm also quite glad to hear that things are OK up there in Alaska after the little earthquake! Being from Pennsylvania, that's one think I'm not accustomed to, and hope I never have to!

Dustin

Ryan B.

3RRDOT is really, really, interested in this one.  ;)

PhilsCafe

Ah I think we all have heard of Wasilla by now ;). I'm glad to hear you were untroubled by the quake... that road looks quite messed up though. As for your latest project, I like the dashed lines. At first I thought maybe the distance between the lines was too long, but then I compared pictures and now I think it looks perfect. I also like the changes you did to the shoulders, however, maybe it still needs a little less gravel (a narrower strip) and more greenery:

If that makes any sense.

EDIT: that was my 10-post anniversary :) not that I would give too much on statistics though...

projectadam

I cannot wait to get my region up-to-date where I start paving the roads and putting these to good use :thumbsup: Glad to hear that everything is okay after the shaking David.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

frdrcklim

This is really cool. Hope you update soon  ;D.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

05greene

Woow U city is Great can wait 2 see more  ;D

dedgren

Transit pathing...

...I hate transit pathing.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

threestooges

Ah, transit editing. One of the many things I still need to learn about puzzle pieces. The results certainly look like they're worth it David.
-Matt