• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your . . . . current projects

Started by keithsed, February 08, 2007, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terring7

Not a Simcity 4 image, but a plan for future cities. I'm working on several ways to create railroads-based cities, where avenues and highways will be a thing of the past. Less cars, less smoke and traffic. This is a very simple plan, the base of the project.

Orange: Elevated primary railroad, for passenger and freight trains

Black: Magnetic railroad (monorail)

Purple: High speed railroad

Dark yellow: Subways

Blue: Light elevated railroad

Red: Main roads with tram lines

Any idea is welcomed :)
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Risu

How innovative.... My guess is it's inside the Terradome?

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Risu

Oh, whoops. I thought that's what the big pink circle represents. Now I can sorta tell it's ornage. :-[ Nvm!

And good luck with Roadless Paradise!

greckman

I love showing what I'm working on while it's still in an unfinished state, so I think I'm gonna love this thread.  ;D

I usually work on more than one thing at a time so that when I get bored with one, I can move to the other project. I have two to show you today.

First picture is of South Tull which continues the Highway and stream from Tull...

I still don't have a clear plan of where I want to put the river and streams. I'm thinking of forgetting about the river altogether since I can't find a set that I like.
I love the Diggis Streams and love winding them around in loops.  :) (I am loopy for loops!  :P)

As you can see in my next project, I've done more loopy streams, and will continue that on the left side of the residential area.

In this project, I'm trying to create (not re-create) a U.S. town settled by Dutch Settlers. I downloaded some Dutch buildings, but they're not growing. The residential areas look fine with the houses that are growing, so I probably won't be replacing those. The Commercial, on the other hand... I most likely will be plopping the Dutch buildings in those areas since what is growing doesn't look so good with the look I'm trying to get.

Well, that's it for now. If you want to see more, just visit CSGf and go to the Glimpses Section and click on any of Towncrafter's threads.
-TC (Towncrafter/greckman) ;D
CLICK to see my MD on SC4D: Towncrafter's World - The Cities and Towns of greckman

FrankU

Hi Greckman,

Your looping rivers are very nice.
The Dutch buildings you downloaded are maybe a too high growth stage. So they will grow when your region has developed more. A good set for low growth stages is not available. But you might get lucky if you have some patience: there is a new BeNeLux Bat team that is working on Dutch, Belgian and some Luxembourgian Bats and Lots. I myself have made some new lots with the mill you have plopped. Pity for you that I didn't upload it yet! But I will, when I am happy with the set.

So please have some :sleeping:

Risu

jondor

http://www.youtube.com/v/WGg226ArKjY?hl=en
Just a little project I'm working on over in the BAT forum, for those of you who are interested.  ;D
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Evillions8

I'm focusing on doing some growable Middle Eastern farms and other lotting work.

I do plan to release these, but of course I do need FrogFace's permission as his models were used.

FrankU

Permission? You could point to his models as a dependency, then you don't have to ask for permission as far as I know.
Nice looking port!  :thumbsup:

Risu

Some of us still like using the ingame networks, in a pinch....

Thanks to Mangara for the advice on how I was able to make this. I'll go draw him some fanart. :party:

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---

thefunktopus

Quote from: SimRisu on July 27, 2011, 10:50:10 PM
Some of us still like using the ingame networks, in a pinch....

Thanks to Mangara for the advice on how I was able to make this. I'll go draw him some fanart. :party:

Hey, I was wondering whether you could tell me where in game to find the on/off ramps that I have circled below: (i have NAM)

Risu

Those are the single-sided parallel ramps, ones that connect to orthoganal OWR's. It's at the very end of all the puzzle pieces. So just press Shift+Tab once to cycle thru to it.

ps2owner

Just a little mod I'm working on.

It's available over at Simtropolis:
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/26558-train-trenches/
Basically, their eyecandy, but I've included subway converters to make passenger train travel possible.
More pics:

The above Picture is from when the Rail textures weren't finalized, and I didn't know how to UVW wrap.

Deionn

Nothing but lotting an entire London based city.  :)

Risu

That's really awesome! Nice, I love it! :thumbsup:

Here's something else by me that's worth showing....

Allein

SimRisu: Nice work ;)

Manhattan V2:

Taipei 101 was dynamited since  ;D  $%Grinno$%

bat

kelis

# Bassen - The Netherlands || Coming Soon.
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||