• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Lightning

Well, for Darkphalt, the files are organized into parts (so ERHW-4 is seperate from RHW-4), so yes, you can mix and match (if other texture sets do the same)

And Hal, wow! Awesome job with that interchange!
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

noahclem

Nice to see things coming along swimmingly! The type-D and FAR business is great but I'm even more excited over what appear to be T-on-slope pieces--awesome! Any chance we'll see MIS or other FAR-to-diagonal transitions this time around? Thanks for all the hard work guys!

deathtopumpkins

That's actually a really nice idea, nerdly. I'll put my textures into separate dats by network.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Tarkus

Quote from: noahclem on May 06, 2010, 02:39:12 PM
Nice to see things coming along swimmingly! The type-D and FAR business is great but I'm even more excited over what appear to be T-on-slope pieces--awesome! Any chance we'll see MIS or other FAR-to-diagonal transitions this time around? Thanks for all the hard work guys!

Actually, those aren't T-OnSlopes.  Vince actually made it possible to drag ground RHW networks right under the elevated starters, which really comes in handy. :thumbsup:

There are plans for FAR-to-Diagonal transitions as well.  There won't be any in Version 4.0, but there's a couple FARHW-4-to-Diagonals underway that will almost definitely be in Version 4.1.

-Alex

citybuilderx

wow Haljackey! another great video  :thumbsup:

I have a question. Will there be toll booths available for version 4, or is any other custom-contents creator working on them?
Aim for the stars and you might make the moon,
aim for the moon and you might not get there.

Haljackey

Mixing textures? What a terrific idea!

Quote from: nerdly_dood on May 06, 2010, 12:41:16 PM
I'd like to use concrete textures for bridges and overpasses, and asphalt textures for ground-level highways and ramps.

...And I'd like to do the opposite. Around here concrete highways use asphalt bridges, whereas in the US asphalt highways use concrete bridges. What a topsy-turvy world eh?

And that's a cloverstack interchange, which I based my junction on the previous page off of.

nerdly_dood

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on May 06, 2010, 03:43:12 PM
That's actually a really nice idea, nerdly. I'll put my textures into separate dats by network.

Sounds good! The only concrete ground-level highway around here has only a couple intersections along the concrete section, all grade separated: The ramps, and I think the hard shoulders as well, are paved with asphalt, and the main travel lanes are paved with cement. Highly unusual for this area, but it's pretty new so the surface is in great shape. (US rt. 29, north of Lynchburg)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Christianicus

&apls &apls &apls Another great junction, Hal.  Your ability with these things is jaw dropping.  RHW 4.0 is going to be fantastic!  Nerdly's suggestion of mixed textures is dead on target.  I can hardly wait.  Excellent work, all!

And, that RL cloverleaf is sickening -- I really like the asphalt bridge with the concrete hightway there.  It is the exact opposite here, but it is a nice change.  See the pic for Spaghetti Junction here in Atlanta.

jdenm8

Quote from: citybuilderx on May 07, 2010, 09:03:06 AM
Will there be toll booths available for version 4, or is any other custom-contents creator working on them?
Riiga is still working on his RHW-4 one and he did do a RHW-2 toll booth (I have actually seen an early texture for the RHW-4 booth) but - to my knowledge - they are going to be textured for RHWv3.0. They will most likely work with RHWv4.0/x though, but they'll just not have matching textures (to my knowledge - I do know he did work on a RHWv4.0 euro texture set so you never know).

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

riiga

I can confirm that I'm going to make a toll booth for the RHW-4, though I'll probably wait until 4.0 is released. I'm very busy with school right now, and I think it's better to wait until 4.0 is released.

Anyway, here's the current 3.x version of the toll booth ground texture:

(click for full resolution!)

- riiga

marsh

Riga: that looks good  :thumbsup: I would sugjest to make one for the 6 and 8 lane RHW too.

strucka

Quote from: marsh on May 08, 2010, 10:52:33 AM
Riga: that looks good  :thumbsup: I would sugjest to make one for the 6 and 8 lane RHW too.

So would I and maybe a bit bigger. This is the RHW (Real HighWays) thread. =)

riiga

Quote from: marsh on May 08, 2010, 10:52:33 AM
Quote from: strucka on May 08, 2010, 11:05:51 AM
So would I and maybe a bit bigger. This is the RHW (Real HighWays) thread. =)

I would say you can expect a wider version after I finished the one for RHW-4.

- riiga

wes.janson

Quote from: Tarkus on May 08, 2010, 06:19:38 PM
RealHighway Version 4.0's "secret weapon" unveiled at last . . . enjoy . . .
-Alex

Say WHAAAT!

Hubba Hubba!

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

dragonshardz

emgmod

ecoba

canyonjumper

That's awesome! And there goes my mouse...all the drool must have short-circuited it....
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

nerdly_dood

OH SNAP!

If that isn't epic, I don't know what is... &apls

Quote from: Tarkus on May 08, 2010, 06:19:38 PM
RealHighway Version 4.0's "secret weapon" unveiled at last . . . enjoy . . .

http://www.youtube.com/v/SirdKOFtwzg

-Alex
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!